First Prev
of 2
Next Last
1964 REC

Harrisville, NY

#1 Oct 22, 2010
Does anyone know who makes the best mexican hots in the valley?
yes

Canastota, NY

#2 Oct 22, 2010
The former Chet's Diner in Herkimer ... now called Phyllie's ... homemade sauce, those Mexicans are excellent!

Highly recommended.
1964 REC

Harrisville, NY

#3 Oct 22, 2010
TY Yes
PATHETIC

Syracuse, NY

#4 Oct 22, 2010
KELLYS MEAT MARKET IN LITTLE FALLS. THEY ARE AWESOME. WHATEVER YOU DO DONOT GO TO THE VILLAGE MARKET IN MOHAWK. THIER MEAT SUCKS BIG TIME
Huh in the USA

New York, NY

#5 Oct 22, 2010
PATHETIC wrote:
KELLYS MEAT MARKET IN LITTLE FALLS. THEY ARE AWESOME. WHATEVER YOU DO DONOT GO TO THE VILLAGE MARKET IN MOHAWK. THIER MEAT SUCKS BIG TIME
That is the mexican meat mix, not what TP sold. It's all in the sauce.
Local

Syracuse, NY

#6 Oct 22, 2010
Village Market is the best!

Since: Oct 09

Geneva, NY

#7 Oct 22, 2010
Never tried Kelly's, Village Market is good, prefer Melrose in Frankfort. Their's is spicier than Village Market's, but that's the way my family likes it. Have to agree with "Huh in the USA" that mexican meat mix and mexican hots are two totally different things.
Stoner

United States

#8 Oct 22, 2010
Personally I like Jennifer Lopez. The hottest Mexican I know... sauce or no sauce.
momto3

Syracuse, NY

#9 Oct 23, 2010
Kelly's is good, but melrose in Frankfort is even better.
Charlies Angels

United States

#10 Oct 23, 2010
Stoner wrote:
Personally I like Jennifer Lopez. The hottest Mexican I know... sauce or no sauce.
what a PERV
Which one

Galeton, PA

#11 Oct 23, 2010
Are you asking about Mexican meat mix or the Mexican Sauce?

Geneva, NY

#12 Oct 23, 2010
Original poster asked about Mexican Hots, which is all about the sauce, not meat mix.
1964 REC

Harrisville, NY

#13 Oct 23, 2010
I was talking about mexican sauce. Haven't really found anyone that can come close to the original TP.They also had the best mexican ham sandwich.
Stoner

United States

#14 Oct 23, 2010
Ahhh Mexican ham sandwich... Jennifer + me + Charo! A classic delight for any season.
Which one

Galeton, PA

#15 Oct 24, 2010
1964, if you cook, there is the Manley's Mexican Sauce recipe in the cookbook published by St.Peter and Paul Russian Orthodox Church. I make that every year for holiday gifts. It's so great! My opinion is that Manley's sauce was better than TP's. Manley's was in Herkimer and closed, I believe in the late 60's or early 70's. Good luck on your quest.
love hot stuff

Oriskany Falls, NY

#16 Oct 24, 2010
wow, thanks for the recipe tip which one. where can u find that cook book?

Geneva, NY

#17 Oct 24, 2010
You can get the cookbook at the Co-op in Little Falls (it's about $25). I've tried the recipe, but, to me, it was lacking something and also wasn't spicy enough. I doctored the original a bit and got it more to our liking.
1964 REC

Harrisville, NY

#18 Oct 24, 2010
Is it true that Chets diner no longer make mexicans. If so darn.
ah yes

Auburn, NY

#20 Oct 24, 2010
Crazy And Love It wrote:
You can get the cookbook at the Co-op in Little Falls (it's about $25). I've tried the recipe, but, to me, it was lacking something and also wasn't spicy enough. I doctored the original a bit and got it more to our liking.
I've made that recipe on several occasions. For my "not so hot, please" friends, I didn't change the Manley's recipe. For my "hotter, please" friends, I added 1-3 tablespoons of Utica Grind Red Pepper flakes. It satisfied them!
Papa Mexican Hot wiCheese

West Leyden, NY

#21 Oct 24, 2010
The TP Drive-In had the best conbination of not only sauce, but beef, cheese and bun. It all worked to compliment the fianl taste. Add in the fries and BAM!!!(any sauce recipes)?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ilion Mayor - It's Time To Admit Village Water ... 6 min Public disservice 100
Action Plan 3 hr Reclaim NY 1
PEZ addressed the Village Board 3 hr Brother Bob 27
Ilion Citizens Code Committee 4 hr GODGONNACUTYOUDOWN 149
Short man 5 hr Right said Fred 4
Mohawk Valley Nursing Home 6 hr About time 11
Prindle-Gate 17 hr Ankle Bracelets 1

Ilion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance