School Merger - Senior Consolidation

Posted in the Ilion Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RemingtonForever

New York, NY

#1 Feb 5, 2013
I'm pro merger, but does anyone find this plan to consolidate senior citizens a little much? Even if the merged district has the ability to use eminent domain, I don't think we should be relocating senior citizens to public housing and selling their property to fund the merged district. Even if that would allow property to be opened up to new businesses or manufacturers.
really

Chicago, IL

#2 Feb 5, 2013
Are you an idiot, or just sincerely misguided, this was never stated anywhere and is in no way part of the plan. i hope you are just sarcastic and not really that stupid.
RemingtonForever

New York, NY

#3 Feb 5, 2013
This was discussed at the meetings, with the indication that it would be enacted after a merger. I believe the board of a merged district would be voting on this part of the plan, but the talk seemed very positive.
really

Fremont, CA

#4 Feb 5, 2013
NO, no it was not, nothing about housing, senior citizen or otherwise was discussed. The BOE deals with school issues, not the senior citizens of the town, they are all able to stay in their own homes, we are talking merging schools not the elderly. I am not sure why i am wasting my time with this, it must be a joke!
RemingtonForever

New York, NY

#6 Feb 5, 2013
Exactly! I mean, I understand they want to attract businesses and manufacturers with that real estate, but I just think there are better options to do that.

This just feels like a way to make more tax money, since most seniors pay reduced or no school tax thanks to the STAR program.
Golden Bombers

New York, NY

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Wow I didn't hear about this! Sounds terrible for those seniors but good for us. Not sure how to feel.
Golden Bombers

New York, NY

#10 Feb 5, 2013
Now how did I miss that? Maybe this is for the best. We have such a high tax exemption rate here.
Werner

New York, NY

#11 Feb 6, 2013
I approve of this bold plan! Senior citizens have been living too long on the public dollar, and it's costing our children. It's time for them to give back to future generations. I've worked on the public housing our seniors are receiving, and it's more than adequate for even the infirm. This is better for everybody.
BornFREE

New York, NY

#13 Feb 7, 2013
COME ON people! You really support this? Cuomo wants to take our guns away and now after that bill he passed late last year he's letting the schools take our houses too? This isn't right and you all know it. These aren't welfare cases or druggies, they're seniors who worked all their lives for what they have. VOTE NO MERGER!
Not really Gookins

New York, NY

#14 Feb 7, 2013
They're not merging the Senior Citizens, I think we're actually exterminating all of them over 90. These old people are dragging us down. The only way this community is going to grow, is if we get ride of them. One idea was to relocate them to Frankfort's pumpkin patch, but that would be way too expensive. So, the extermination plan was adopted. There will be a few waivers handed out. Any Jewish seniors are exempt, for obvious historic reasons. And any senior that can prove themselves fit (able to walk, drive over 55, talk, run a 40 in under 30 seconds, etc) will receive a one-year waiver, but will have to re-test every year. I think this is a step in the right direction and will allow us to open a really nice grocery store on the location of the former Prindle Apartments. Word is that when this process is complete in 2015, our taxes will actually go down. It's about time this Mayor is moving the community forward!
In conclusion

Herkimer, NY

#15 Feb 7, 2013
The author of THIS TOTALLY BULLSHHT THREAD...
Werner Vertikowski...is a complete azzhole.
We all agree

Herkimer, NY

#16 Feb 7, 2013
Not really Gookins wrote:
They're not merging the Senior Citizens, I think we're actually exterminating all of them over 90. These old people are dragging us down. The only way this community is going to grow, is if we get ride of them. One idea was to relocate them to Frankfort's pumpkin patch, but that would be way too expensive. So, the extermination plan was adopted. There will be a few waivers handed out. Any Jewish seniors are exempt, for obvious historic reasons. And any senior that can prove themselves fit (able to walk, drive over 55, talk, run a 40 in under 30 seconds, etc) will receive a one-year waiver, but will have to re-test every year. I think this is a step in the right direction and will allow us to open a really nice grocery store on the location of the former Prindle Apartments. Word is that when this process is complete in 2015, our taxes will actually go down. It's about time this Mayor is moving the community forward!
Killing the seniors is the only answer. What the Senior Coalition doesn't know is that they will be put to death merger or not. Werner or Wiener (both related to Oscar and Mayer) needs to shut the fk up before the seniors catch-on. True seniors can't run very fast but we don't want to have to hunt the gimpy old wrinkled fks down.
Werner

New York, NY

#17 Feb 7, 2013
That's uncalled for, both of you. First of all, the seniors won't be harmed. They've got a lot of discretionary spending cash, and that goes back into the local economy. They're good for the area! Just not so good that they should be owning houses and land that could go to businesses or manufacturers.

Instead of harming them, have any of you looked into the work of the great Chinese surgeon Xiang Guanping? He's done some remarkable work in developing a procedure to stitch people together while allowing them to share a single digestive system. That would allow us to fit even more senior citizens into smaller spaces. Consolidation has no end of benefits!
Oscar Wiener

Herkimer, NY

#18 Feb 7, 2013
Werner wrote:
That's uncalled for, both of you. First of all, the seniors won't be harmed. They've got a lot of discretionary spending cash, and that goes back into the local economy. They're good for the area! Just not so good that they should be owning houses and land that could go to businesses or manufacturers.
Instead of harming them, have any of you looked into the work of the great Chinese surgeon Xiang Guanping? He's done some remarkable work in developing a procedure to stitch people together while allowing them to share a single digestive system. That would allow us to fit even more senior citizens into smaller spaces. Consolidation has no end of benefits!
Yeah I read about it on facebook. It was accompanied by a bunch of other bs by a kid from Ilion who thinks he's intelligent.

But I'm wondering, if he's soooo smart why did he attend a State school?
Werner

New York, NY

#19 Feb 7, 2013
There are many fine (and affordable!) schools in the SUNY system, and you ought to give them more credit.

It's defeatist talk like yours that limits our children's options. I bet you're a senior, intent on voting down the merger to keep your precious house. Say goodbye to your two-car garage, Gramps!

MERGER 2013: CONSOLIDATE THE SENIORS!
Phantom

Herkimer, NY

#20 Feb 7, 2013
Werner wrote:
There are many fine (and affordable!) schools in the SUNY system, and you ought to give them more credit.
It's defeatist talk like yours that limits our children's options. I bet you're a senior, intent on voting down the merger to keep your precious house. Say goodbye to your two-car garage, Gramps!
MERGER 2013: CONSOLIDATE THE SENIORS!
No consolidation, we are sending them to the shower without a towel or soap.

Werner Vertikowski,
You are serving up the most stupid shht I've ever heard. It's amazing you think seniors are this stupid. Your only achievement here will be proving you're an asshool. Which you have accomplished. So stop or continue, it make little difference.

By the way is the Dark Horse still open or Jack Danielsonís? Danielsonís was down from the Dark Horse, same side on the corner?
Werner

New York, NY

#21 Feb 7, 2013
Phantom, I don't expect all seniors to vote for a plan in which their property will be redistributed, but I certainly hope enough of them will see the light and vote for the future of the area. I think that the senior citizens of this area understand the need for personal sacrifice to keep moving forward, and I think they'll do what's best for their grandchildren.
yup

Herkimer, NY

#22 Feb 7, 2013
Werner wrote:
Phantom, I don't expect all seniors to vote for a plan in which their property will be redistributed, but I certainly hope enough of them will see the light and vote for the future of the area. I think that the senior citizens of this area understand the need for personal sacrifice to keep moving forward, and I think they'll do what's best for their grandchildren.
sissy boy we are taking their land after we kill them.
Werner

New York, NY

#23 Feb 7, 2013
Again, that plan goes too far. We reserve the legal right to take the land, and their presence in the area is good for local businesses. No need to do anything to the seniors but take their houses.
nope

Herkimer, NY

#24 Feb 7, 2013
Werner wrote:
Again, that plan goes too far. We reserve the legal right to take the land, and their presence in the area is good for local businesses. No need to do anything to the seniors but take their houses.
Gas'em then take their land.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brandy Edmunds 8 hr KARMA 3
Marina opening 21 hr voss fan 2 6
Renee geloso Fri friendinthepast 1
throw out mohawk mayor May 1 resident 2
Herkimer Cheese gets 50K grant to expand (Jul '14) Apr 29 Ilion Iliad 33
OPT OUT Movement Apr 29 parent 10
Where was Jack? (Oct '14) Apr 29 Just wondering 53
More from around the web

Ilion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]