First Prev
of 3
Next Last
driveby

Ilion, NY

#1 Dec 1, 2012
So, what do you guys think of the Ilion Moose Club? I heard they have done a lot of work and improved the place a lot. Any thoughts??
troubled adult

Syracuse, NY

#2 Dec 3, 2012
it was a nice place to vote...
driveby

Ilion, NY

#3 Dec 3, 2012
well the Wednesday dinners there are awesome! I'm telling you....they are absolutely delicious! And, Bingo on Sundays is fun too. I think it is pretty cool that they are at least trying to get the place going again.
runt45

New York, NY

#4 Dec 11, 2012
driveby wrote:
So, what do you guys think of the Ilion Moose Club? I heard they have done a lot of work and improved the place a lot. Any thoughts??
First of all it is not a club, it is the Moose Lodge and it has been in Ilion almost 100 years. After several years of non exsisting functions it is being run by people who care and want it to stay. We need new members who are willing to volunteer some of their time to help with odd jobs.63
Managing Risk

Canastota, NY

#5 Dec 12, 2012
Curb appeal says a lot. The exterior of the building-parking lot-looks terrible. I cannot believe that there is no one member that would volunteer to create a committee to take charge of mowing, cleaning and trimming on a fixed schedule. Keeping the dumpster area clean, not leaving each day until things look right. The exterior of the building is in terrible shape. It's going to take a lot of money and time to just replace and repair. I agree, hats off to the few remaining workers who are trying. Just one more example of poor management over a long period of time. I'm not even going to mention the interior and infra-structure.
driveby

Ilion, NY

#6 Dec 14, 2012
Managing Risk wrote:
Curb appeal says a lot. The exterior of the building-parking lot-looks terrible. I cannot believe that there is no one member that would volunteer to create a committee to take charge of mowing, cleaning and trimming on a fixed schedule. Keeping the dumpster area clean, not leaving each day until things look right. The exterior of the building is in terrible shape. It's going to take a lot of money and time to just replace and repair. I agree, hats off to the few remaining workers who are trying. Just one more example of poor management over a long period of time. I'm not even going to mention the interior and infra-structure.
Well why don't YOU come down and volunteer YOUR time to help fix it up?? They do not have an "outdoors" committee because all of the existing member have been working on the "indoors" committee. We would love to have your help!!
driveby

Ilion, NY

#7 Dec 14, 2012
runt45 wrote:
<quoted text>First of all it is not a club, it is the Moose Lodge and it has been in Ilion almost 100 years. After several years of non exsisting functions it is being run by people who care and want it to stay. We need new members who are willing to volunteer some of their time to help with odd jobs.63
Well Excuse me!! I should have known that it is called a Lodge and not a Club. Honestly, who the hell cares???? It is this type of attitude that is chasing people away.....hope the place closes soon. It is too close to a school anyways. We don't want our children exposed to a bar where people consume the devil's elixir on a daily basis!!(and yes, it is a bar...dont get me started on that social quarters bullshit.)

"?;
runt45

New York, NY

#8 Dec 14, 2012
driveby wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Excuse me!! I should have known that it is called a Lodge and not a Club. Honestly, who the hell cares???? It is this type of attitude that is chasing people away.....hope the place closes soon. It is too close to a school anyways. We don't want our children exposed to a bar where people consume the devil's elixir on a daily basis!!(and yes, it is a bar...dont get me started on that social quarters bullshit.)
"?;
First of all the Moose Lodge was there before they built the school. If it should close their would never be another liquor license given to whomever bought the place. Also, we have three ladies who volunteer their time to come in every day and clean the place, and I do mean clean. Instead of bitching about it why don't you come in and see for yourself.
close the moose

New York, NY

#9 Dec 16, 2012
We have to protect our chlren from those drunks andrug dealers who hang out at the moose. The moose club should not be allowed with in a mile of a school. The Ilion police should set up a road block on a Saturday night and get the drunks from the moose off the roads and in the jail where they belong.
runt45

New York, NY

#11 Dec 17, 2012
close the moose wrote:
We have to protect our chlren from those drunks andrug dealers who hang out at the moose. The moose club should not be allowed with in a mile of a school. The Ilion police should set up a road block on a Saturday night and get the drunks from the moose off the roads and in the jail where they belong.
It has always been my opinion that when you accuse someone of something you are doing the same thing. I don't know where you got your information from but their are no drug dealers at the Moose Lodge. All our bartenders are TIPS trained and do not serve anyone who appears intoxicated.Get your facts straight before you start accusing people.
what

Ilion, NY

#12 Dec 22, 2012
runt45 wrote:
<quoted text>It has always been my opinion that when you accuse someone of something you are doing the same thing. I don't know where you got your information from but their are no drug dealers at the Moose Lodge. All our bartenders are TIPS trained and do not serve anyone who appears intoxicated.Get your facts straight before you start accusing people.
Well...I'm sorry to tell you (maybe for the first time in your life) that your OPINION SUCKS!!!! I mean come on....you mean to tell me that your OPINION tells you that a judge convicting someone of murder is only convicting them because he has killed someone himself?? This is just so stupid and so is the moose CLUB! CLOSE THE DOORS!!!! the sooner the better....
police patrol

Ilion, NY

#13 Dec 23, 2012
I live near the Moose & we see every weekend the drunks that leave the bar. The state police and Ilion police have been advised of the problem. What does it take to stop them? Do we have to wait until they kill someone?
lokebug

Marlborough, MA

#14 Dec 24, 2012
you people are PATHETIC!!!! I've been there probably twice and it's nothing but old folks. why don't you idiots go focus on your real drug dealing drunk bars such as JDs and Crossways. get a god damn life
old folk drunks

Ilion, NY

#15 Dec 25, 2012
old folk drive drunk also --
we need to take action -- soon --
what is it going to take?
one of or beloved children deaths before the drunks are off the road?
we have the right to protect our youth -
I have given statements to the police and others.
if I had my way there would be a wrecking balls leveling the pig pen.
lokebug

Marlborough, MA

#16 Dec 25, 2012
old folk drunks wrote:
old folk drive drunk also --
we need to take action -- soon --
what is it going to take?
one of or beloved children deaths before the drunks are off the road?
we have the right to protect our youth -
I have given statements to the police and others.
if I had my way there would be a wrecking balls leveling the pig pen.
yes action needs to be taken-however, I would worry more about the other places in the valley other than placing the moose club under its own topic. it's every bar
resident

Ilion, NY

#17 Dec 25, 2012
The people running it now are crooks.
resident2

Ilion, NY

#18 Dec 25, 2012
I know several people that have had parties and were ripped off. The whites have no social Skills. The last time I was at the club was last spring and that place was sinking like the titanic. More money and booze is leaving out the back door then what's sold across the bar. The cops should be on the look out.
excuse me

Ilion, NY

#19 Dec 25, 2012
What children are out attending school on a Saturday night Mr/Ms/Mrs/Miss "close the Moose". If I remember correctly the lodge is a national organization. It's members are required to raise money to donate to children's charities.I think it is more likely children are seeing worse in their own homes and in places like Walmart than on Barringer Road outside the Moose Lodge.I didn't realize there are so many rightous souls in this village.
runt45

New York, NY

#20 Dec 26, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...I'm sorry to tell you (maybe for the first time in your life) that your OPINION SUCKS!!!! I mean come on....you mean to tell me that your OPINION tells you that a judge convicting someone of murder is only convicting them because he has killed someone himself?? This is just so stupid and so is the moose CLUB! CLOSE THE DOORS!!!! the sooner the better....
I hate to inform you but your opinion SUCKS. I don't know what you have against the Moose Lodge but you have not been in the place lately. It is clean and we are trying our best to get out from under the mountain of debt the previous Administration has left us with. Yes we support our own Child City and our Retirement home. That is why we exist. No one in the Lodge is stealing from it because their is nothing to steal.
hand in the money bag

Ilion, NY

#21 Dec 26, 2012
resident wrote:
The people running it now are crooks.
Yes I have to agree with your remarks. I would like to see the nightly intake compared to the beer sold. Seems to me a lot of free drinks go to their friends. How do we know all the money is being counted?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where was Jack? (Oct '14) 8 hr Wondering2 60
Brown for Legislator? 11 hr BOZO 9
Ilion dpw Mon Fed UP 65
annalea May 31 pathetic 5
dr dans needs to go May 31 Informed 13
Bullies At Ilion School May 30 a Dbag 7
Herkimer County Jail May 30 Livid taxpayer 1
More from around the web

Ilion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE