Managing Risk

Utica, NY

#71 Feb 25, 2013
All I can think of: what if Alice Crossway were alive today and saw her life's work go up in smoke? Her first concern most likely would be to make sure that everyone was safe, pay for housing that the tenants who lived upstairs would not be homeless and most likely would give them money for food. How many times has she bailed out Jimmy: well she is not around now and Jimmy is on his own. Some advice for Jimmy: get a hair cut-stay and take care of your business in case you re-open.
Popeye

Pascoag, RI

#72 Feb 25, 2013
Within Reason wrote:
don't understand the multiple use of the word 'civilian' in the WKTV reports. What are they trying to say? As opposed to what? Law Enforcement?
Paddock forget what the hell he was talking about?
Probably pick up jargon in jail. Typical Ilion good ol boy. How did he retain his job after being prosecuted?
just curious

West Hartford, CT

#74 Feb 25, 2013
did the white sweater guy make it out ok?
just curious

West Hartford, CT

#75 Feb 25, 2013
good news. the white sweater guy is going to set up a tent in Crossways parking lot and serve draft beer until Jimmy can open the bar again. But, the same rules apply: you must have valid ID showing you are over 14 years old...no exceptions!
just curious

West Hartford, CT

#76 Feb 25, 2013
well, it's official. Remington Arms is moving to Frankfort.
no name

New York, NY

#77 Feb 26, 2013
just curious wrote:
good news. the white sweater guy is going to set up a tent in Crossways parking lot and serve draft beer until Jimmy can open the bar again. But, the same rules apply: you must have valid ID showing you are over 14 years old...no exceptions!
What about the white?????? Need some blow!!!!
just curious

Windsor, CT

#78 Feb 26, 2013
hey, he's the "white" sweater guy...just ask him...
In The Know

New York, NY

#79 Feb 26, 2013
Managing Risk wrote:
All I can think of: what if Alice Crossway were alive today and saw her life's work go up in smoke? Her first concern most likely would be to make sure that everyone was safe, pay for housing that the tenants who lived upstairs would not be homeless and most likely would give them money for food. How many times has she bailed out Jimmy: well she is not around now and Jimmy is on his own. Some advice for Jimmy: get a hair cut-stay and take care of your business in case you re-open.
It wasn't Jimmy who Alice kept bailing out, it was his father. Bob is as crooked as the day is long and his mother spent thousands keeping his sorry ass out of jail.
Maury Povich

New York, NY

#80 Feb 26, 2013
In The Know wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't Jimmy who Alice kept bailing out, it was his father. Bob is as crooked as the day is long and his mother spent thousands keeping his sorry ass out of jail.
Perhaps Jerry Springer would be interested in all this family drama, and help jump start "jimmy and company" careers.
Jim, you are the babies daddy!
Jewish Lightning

New York, NY

#81 Feb 26, 2013
It looks like lightning does strike twice. I remember when the Crossways bought a place across the road from the Big Pine Inn and that promptly burned to the ground.
what

Utica, NY

#83 Mar 1, 2013
are you talking about the Reminton inn??
JudenRaus

Hamden, CT

#84 Mar 4, 2013
Karen wrote:
Wow.. all of you people have so much shit to talk but can't say your name? Affraid to get your ass's kicked? Do you have nothing better to do than come on here and put people down and talk shit? Who's the scumbag now? Only scumbags talk shit. Crossways burnt down and all you people have to bash it and everyone who went there,and lived there. Ya'll are honestly pathetic! Crossways will always be a great place in my eyes no matter what you dumb fucks have to say about it!!
R.I.P Crossways, hope Jimmy rebuilds! Lots of good memories there,not just for me, but for family and friends also,and everyone else who went there.
Crossways has been there for years.. generations, so show a little respect people!!! And show some compassion for the familys that lived up above and lost everything!
Get my ass kicked? How will you catch me from your medicaid scooter? Just remember, the more working people you assault will just result in lost time at our jobs and even less in that check you collect each month!
Big One

Syracuse, NY

#85 Mar 5, 2013
Where the heck is the new coke shop going to be set up? Billy you got any news for us?
JudenRaus

New Britain, CT

#86 Mar 5, 2013
As soon as the insurance and section 8 scam is over.
Hornmn

New York, NY

#88 Mar 30, 2013
Jewish Lightning wrote:
It looks like lightning does strike twice. I remember when the Crossways bought a place across the road from the Big Pine Inn and that promptly burned to the ground.
Your talking about the Remington Inn and that burned many years after the Crossway's had sold the place to Jack Fifer. Like it or not, Crossway's has successfully been in business for 53 years in Ilion and I am sure there are a lot of other businesses in town that would like to be able to make the same claim.
Just wondering

New York, NY

#89 Mar 31, 2013
Lie wrote:
Not opinion.fact.
If it's a fact that they were partying all night and not waxing the floor, then what time of day DID they wax the floor and sanitize the equipment, chairs, tables, etc. Certainly these tasks had to be performed at SOME time of day or else the place would be filled with bacteria.
Huh

New York, NY

#90 Mar 31, 2013
Karen wrote:
Wow.. all of you people have so much shit to talk but can't say your name? Affraid to get your ass's kicked? Do you have nothing better to do than come on here and put people down and talk shit? Who's the scumbag now? Only scumbags talk shit. Crossways burnt down and all you people have to bash it and everyone who went there,and lived there. Ya'll are honestly pathetic! Crossways will always be a great place in my eyes no matter what you dumb fucks have to say about it!!
R.I.P Crossways, hope Jimmy rebuilds! Lots of good memories there,not just for me, but for family and friends also,and everyone else who went there.
Crossways has been there for years.. generations, so show a little respect people!!! And show some compassion for the familys that lived up above and lost everything!
You're kidding, right?
ilion resident

New York, NY

#91 Mar 31, 2013
is the place going to reopen?
Are you kidding

New York, NY

#92 Mar 31, 2013
ilion resident wrote:
is the place going to reopen?
Golden opportunity for Jimmy to take a huge chunk of cash and run. An opportunity he'd never otherwise have because the building was virtunally worthless except for insurance purposes. Cha ching.
Have Gun Will Travel

New York, NY

#93 Apr 4, 2013
The owner of the building is having damage assessed and will determine exactly what needs to be done. Hopefully, decision will be made in the next couple of weeks of Crossway's future!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
superintendent of cva 2 hr IHS75 73
toughest guys in Ilion (Apr '11) 2 hr Eastside Ernie 97
Not So Fast, Andrew 8 hr Sore Losers 3
wondering 17 hr Its who u blo 16
Best hairdresser in Ilion 17 hr Its who u know 3
PEZ was at Ed and Bud's this morning! 21 hr Wondering 3
Trump is a dangerous imbecile Apr 21 Eastside Ernie 459

Ilion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance