arm the teachers and 18 year olds

arm the teachers and 18 year olds

Posted in the Ilion Forum

right to carry

New York, NY

#1 Dec 27, 2012
I believe the only way to stop the nuts from attacking our school children is to arm the teachers and all the 18 year old students only after they take a gun safety course. We have to fight fire with fire. We have sheriff deputys guarding the county motor vehicle office. They should be move into our schools.
The PTA should ask for parents who are gun owners to volunteer time guarding the school if they have taken the gun safety course or have a hunting license. some strong actions have to be taken to stop these mental wakos. we might want to lock the mental nuts into state hosipals like we did in the 1950.
I also beleve that a shooting range should be on school proporty for gun practise with police instructions. bus drivier should have pepper spray or electric cattle prods for protect.
Amuzzed

Utica, NY

#2 Dec 28, 2012
right to carry wrote:
I believe the only way to stop the nuts from attacking our school children is to arm the teachers and all the 18 year old students only after they take a gun safety course. We have to fight fire with fire. We have sheriff deputys guarding the county motor vehicle office. They should be move into our schools.
The PTA should ask for parents who are gun owners to volunteer time guarding the school if they have taken the gun safety course or have a hunting license. some strong actions have to be taken to stop these mental wakos. we might want to lock the mental nuts into state hosipals like we did in the 1950.
I also beleve that a shooting range should be on school proporty for gun practise with police instructions. bus drivier should have pepper spray or electric cattle prods for protect.
Are you actually serious right now? You want to put a firing range on school property? Yeah, that sounds great because a stray bullet could never possibly hit the school or a child at recess. And yeah, lets give bus drivers cattle prods, because none of us have ever seen the videos of bus drivers losing their temper and hitting a child.

Better yet, lets give an 18 year old a gun. Because no teenager ever has a day where their hormones are raging and because he talked to my girlfriend, instead of punching him in the face outside after school, he can just shoot him in the back right there in the hallway instead. All teenagers are stable.

I have to admit that most of the forums on this page a pretty stupid and most of them sound very uneducated and one-sided. However, my friend, this has GOT to be the worst one yet!! I pray this entire forum gets deleted before some idiot actually takes you seriously.
resident

Frankfort, NY

#3 Dec 28, 2012
Arm the kids hey dumb ass who do you think are committing these crimes. Its not gun control that's the problem it is Xbox 360. These retard kids play this shit night and day and they think that's life.
hap

Pascoag, RI

#4 Dec 28, 2012
Sure thats the problem. Try all the drugs the doctor gives them.
A Greed

Frankfort, NY

#6 Dec 28, 2012
It isn't Xbox or the meds, it is lack of parenting. If people would realize this a lot of things would change. Everyone always wants to put blame on someone or something else, I played video games my entire youth and had great parents raising me, the games didn't want to make me do anything stupid, some people need to get their head out of their ass and realize this.
school gun

New York, NY

#7 Dec 28, 2012
Yes teachers and 18 year old students should be able to carry. The range should be open only after hours.
really

New York, NY

#8 Dec 28, 2012
Amuzzed wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you actually serious right now? You want to put a firing range on school property? Yeah, that sounds great because a stray bullet could never possibly hit the school or a child at recess. And yeah, lets give bus drivers cattle prods, because none of us have ever seen the videos of bus drivers losing their temper and hitting a child.
Better yet, lets give an 18 year old a gun. Because no teenager ever has a day where their hormones are raging and because he talked to my girlfriend, instead of punching him in the face outside after school, he can just shoot him in the back right there in the hallway instead. All teenagers are stable.
I have to admit that most of the forums on this page a pretty stupid and most of them sound very uneducated and one-sided. However, my friend, this has GOT to be the worst one yet!! I pray this entire forum gets deleted before some idiot actually takes you seriously.
I like the way you think lol
take action now

New York, NY

#9 Dec 30, 2012
if an 18 year old can be sent off to kill rag heads at the age of 18, then they should have the right to carry guns. I would bet those long hair, drug dealing pot smoking hippie communist freaks would think twice if they knew the teachers, and 18 year old students were ready, willing and waiting for some terd to make their day.
God Bless America and our second amendment rights.
Fit Tony

New York, NY

#10 Dec 31, 2012
I'm thinking Barb Teeter, Martin Manion et al would not need a gun...
yes to make my day

New York, NY

#11 Dec 31, 2012
take action now wrote:
if an 18 year old can be sent off to kill rag heads at the age of 18, then they should have the right to carry guns. I would bet those long hair, drug dealing pot smoking hippie communist freaks would think twice if they knew the teachers, and 18 year old students were ready, willing and waiting for some terd to make their day.
100% right!
Ted

United States

#12 Dec 31, 2012
take action now wrote:
Another wannabe who hides behind the mantle of freedom provided by those who came before. You obviously missed the 60's! BTW, nobody wants your squirt gun!
hap

Tully, NY

#13 Dec 31, 2012
But wouldnt your taxes go up if you had to buy teachers guns and train them?
SanchoV

Smithfield, VA

#14 Jan 2, 2013
I would not ever want to see an 18 year old or a random teacher walking around a school armed. Way to many problems with this solution. I believe that simply giving a gun to a random, willing teacher or 18 year old student and providing them with training is more likely to produce unintended results that could be calamitous for all involved.
Therefore here is a real proposal:

1. Put a gun Vault in every classroom mounted to a desk, accessible only via Bio Metric locking technology system. The gun vault will keep the firearm safe and not exposed to students.
2. Provide Active Shooter Training to the teachers who will be given access to the Gun Vault and couple that training with clear policy and training as to when and how a teacher can access the firearm
3. Clear Policy that spells out what happens when the Gun Vault is opened including notification of Local Law Enforcement and School Admistrtors.

Training teachers to lock a classroom door and fire from a position of cover is a whole lot less complicated then having them train to roam the halls looking for an active shooter or even basic weapon retention in a crowded environment. The teachers primary objective must be to ensure the safety of the children in the class long enough so the police department can get there and effectively deal with the situation by eliminating the threat. All of this being said, we must act now to protect our kids. The school shootings that we have suffered through have been done by crazed individuals mostly acting solo and with limited training.
A simple look around the world at places like Russia, where the attakers killer 334 at a school or Afghanistan would tell us that if a terrorist group chose to attack us in this manner, we would be ill prepared and the loss of life would be much greater.
In closing, It is only a matter of time until the reality of the lack of protection for our children will be highlighted by a terrorist attack. I would remind you that 19 terrorist acting as a group were responsible for the terrible attacks of 9/11, and up until that day the idea of arming airline pilots was considered to be ludicrous. This is why Israel takes protecting its schools so seriously. More gun laws and locked gates will not protect our children
www.armtheteacher.co
Chris Schaffer

Utica, NY

#15 Jan 4, 2013
i play the x-box all day so i take offense to this also if kids got guns then people like me that talk crap to them and threaten to hit them would get shot do you think a bully like me deserves to get shot? the answer is no

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Plea deal? 9 min Ward 1
5 Guys Opening in North Utica 29 min Welfare Wendy 10
Charles Greene 36 min Ward 1
Otsego street 16 hr un huh 9
PEZ at Maplecrest Member-Guest! Jun 23 Take my wife please 5
Neale for trustee NOT Jun 23 Wolf Watcher 27
Catchy Jun 23 boohoohoo 46
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ilion Mortgages