phil

New Britain, CT

#1 Apr 14, 2013
I really wish that building would just collapse or burn down. It's unhealthy and a nasty eye sore. I was upset when I found out that those fires were contained. Yet I was understanding about it only because of the surrounding houses. But where is the damn owner? Nothing is being done with that place. Isn't there code that I'm sure he violates everyday that would demand the demolition of that buildings existence? I know kids and young adults break into it frequently. I'm a little worried about the safety. Granted they should know better. But realistically they will do it anyways. Not to mention all that asbestos floating around in the air... I've tried doing some research on the place. I wanna contact the property owner. I have a bunch of questions about it. I wanna see what I can do about it. If it means starting a petition I'll do it. I'm pretty positive a lot of people would be happy knowing that building is gone. If you don't then you aren't intelligent enough to understand. I won't waste my time. I just really need to find who owns it and a phone number for ever who owns it. If I can do something I'm going to. I'll be probably start going door to door with a piece of paper to sign. We the people of Ilion (as stupid as it sounds) can do something about this. You can sit on your ass I don't care. Just sign the paper with your name and date.
pop

Wallingford, CT

#2 Apr 16, 2013
I'm with you!
Getting results

New York, NY

#3 Apr 16, 2013
Unfortunately petitions do very little. What is needed is new and better local government representation. I encourage you and others to put your energy into finding citizens of like mind, who have the desire and more importantly the ability to get things done.
phil

Agawam, MA

#4 Apr 16, 2013
Than that is what I will do. I will print out a piece of paper with information in regards and go door to door.
andy

New York, NY

#5 Sep 12, 2013
Or they could put use to it
Questions to Quacks

New York, NY

#6 Sep 13, 2013
Lets ask our wonderful mayor why he isn't doing more to push the owner to take it down. There are obviously more codes problems then the building is worth. That means the fire chief, codes enforcer and the mayor aren't doing much to help out the village residents, especially those that have to look at that eye sore everyday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CVA Capital Project 15 hr Leghorn 9
Dominick Marriotti (Jul '14) Sat MissMolly 70
Hottest Ilion Broads (Dec '09) Sat Funny taxpayer 45
Cost of wet lands cleanup? Fri Enough 9
What is the story on the pink flamingos on the ... (Nov '10) Apr 24 Bubba 77
Erica on E. Clark (Aug '14) Apr 24 nasty 27
police show true colors Apr 23 ilion reader 18
More from around the web

Ilion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE