First Prev
of 2
Next Last
super hero 2

Malone, NY

#1 Aug 25, 2014
jack your driveway fix project didn't work so before the people plan to sue the village you better drive your ride over and pick up scotty boy and fix the old water main on the hill, you know where don't fib get a grant?? Too late, we are paving the two inch or less new roadway with village water running on it that needs to be fixed boys, get your backs moving, because you guys are all over paid and we the public are sick of it !!!!!
Epic Fail

United States

#2 Aug 26, 2014
even though this is written in a manner that is difficult to understand this poster is dead on correct. what intelligent person would spend all that money on brand new paving and just pave over an active spring running on to the road way? if this is Sterling's doing, then he is an idiot. that section of road will be all ripped up by spring due to the freeze and thaw of the water. terry has to see this doesn't he? it makes no sense and is a waste of money that is very hard to get for projects. well...this is Ilion we are talking about so we shouldn't expect anything more from the DPW.
Rip Van Winkle

New York Mills, NY

#3 Aug 26, 2014
Nothing changes just the players and how its spun to the public. Clueless, absolutely clueless. And it will never change. They put the new Kinney Drug /Dunkin Donut building on top of the water main as well. Ruined the parking. Guess what happens when the main gets a leak. A big mess a real big mess. Good old boys club!!
methinks

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Aug 26, 2014
That the DPW should dump more stuff in Russell Park at the upper pavilion where they ruined the road and the look of the upper pavilion area and wreck the park even more than it is right now with the crumbling road the destroyed building at the lower pavilion just ruin it altogether. When we say goodbye to Remington we could also have a going away party for the other legacy the Village let go that we used to know as Russell Park.
dpw

United States

#5 Aug 27, 2014
super hero 2 wrote:
jack your driveway fix project didn't work so before the people plan to sue the village you better drive your ride over and pick up scotty boy and fix the old water main on the hill, you know where don't fib get a grant?? Too late, we are paving the two inch or less new roadway with village water running on it that needs to be fixed boys, get your backs moving, because you guys are all over paid and we the public are sick of it !!!!!
Time for new dpw management, you think????
Beth

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Aug 27, 2014
dpw wrote:
<quoted text>
Time for new dpw management, you think????
They had their chance, I tried, but because it was me they brought him back. But they will see soon enough.
dont due stupid stuff

Malone, NY

#7 Aug 27, 2014
Epic Fail wrote:
even though this is written in a manner that is difficult to understand this poster is dead on correct. what intelligent person would spend all that money on brand new paving and just pave over an active spring running on to the road way? if this is Sterling's doing, then he is an idiot. that section of road will be all ripped up by spring due to the freeze and thaw of the water. terry has to see this doesn't he? it makes no sense and is a waste of money that is very hard to get for projects. well...this is Ilion we are talking about so we shouldn't expect anything more from the DPW.
Lack of knowledge and coordination from the Mayor, Village Board, and Department Heads!
This is classic image over substance; it appears that those in charge are actually doing something.
The problem is as you say , what they are doing is costing the taxpayers dearly.
Road projects like these need coordinated planning and efforts. Sewers, curbs, sidewalks and other issues all need to be addressed simultaniously. Yes this costs money, but costs much more when done in a band aid fashion.
Maybe next time there will be Mayoral candidates and Board members that understand and will implement this idea, and the voters will support them.
90 days

Malone, NY

#8 Aug 27, 2014
You people can never say anything positive. All you do is bash people. We try to teach our children to not bully but the adults are the biggest BULLIES. Stop being negative and find positive things to communicate. Nothing will ever be good enough for anyone on this site. I understand that some have issues with certain decisions, but sometimes decisions are made that is not going to make everyone happy. We do not live in a perfect world.
dpw

Liverpool, NY

#9 Aug 27, 2014
90 days wrote:
You people can never say anything positive. All you do is bash people. We try to teach our children to not bully but the adults are the biggest BULLIES. Stop being negative and find positive things to communicate. Nothing will ever be good enough for anyone on this site. I understand that some have issues with certain decisions, but sometimes decisions are made that is not going to make everyone happy. We do not live in a perfect world.
Decisions by dpw management don't need to be perfect just somewhat logical and economical
taxpayer

Malone, NY

#10 Aug 28, 2014
also, get off the mower and on to the weedwacking even at village entrances and THE STATE PROPERTY WE CAN WEED WACK TOO. Just do it and make it look nice because we don't get to see much else . look at it from our side for once. You think money in pockets first, wrong answer dpw
90 days

Malone, NY

#11 Aug 28, 2014
First of all , the DPW management does not make the decisions they provide suggestions. The Village board votes on the suggestions.
dpw

Liverpool, NY

#12 Aug 28, 2014
90 days wrote:
First of all , the DPW management does not make the decisions they provide suggestions. The Village board votes on the suggestions.
Then i'll rephrase - SUGGESTIONS by dpw management don't need to be perfect just somewhat logical and economical
over it

Malone, NY

#13 Aug 28, 2014
Get over it "former Mayor". You no longer have control. From what I heard you left a huge mess and the current administration is picking up the pieces.
Get over it

Syracuse, NY

#14 Aug 28, 2014
U sound like a bunch of miserable people that are now being made to do your job get over it and find something else to do with your life like maybe get another Bartending job and take your cronies with you
Beth

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Aug 28, 2014
I hear dpw has to do there jobs without air conditioning in the trucks because the boss came back ready to torture everyone. Did the Board approve that and are they also removing it from the Police cars and fire trucks, the water guys trucks and the light guys trucks? because that would be an unfair labor practice if they don't.
over it

Malone, NY

#16 Aug 28, 2014
Oh my gosh. .where do you get your information from.
Beth

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Aug 28, 2014
over it wrote:
Oh my gosh..where do you get your information from.
The wolves in sheep cloths told me.
Get over it

Syracuse, NY

#18 Aug 28, 2014
Really I think that ALL of you Negitive Nellies need to get a life. You all need to QUIT your jobs, get together go up in the wilderness, just u cronies open up a bar and BITCH together about what flaming idiots u all are and how u were the ones that RUINED the village so stop blaming other people and look at yourselves again, why not just QUIT ? And move on instead of being cry babies u got what u deserved .
Epic Fail

United States

#19 Aug 29, 2014
90 days wrote:
OK. The pavement will come up after one season of freezing and thawing but it will be near the curb and not in the middle of the street where the major traffic is. Is that more positive?
Beth

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Aug 29, 2014
Get over it wrote:
Really I think that ALL of you Negitive Nellies need to get a life. You all need to QUIT your jobs, get together go up in the wilderness, just u cronies open up a bar and BITCH together about what flaming idiots u all are and how u were the ones that RUINED the village so stop blaming other people and look at yourselves again, why not just QUIT ? And move on instead of being cry babies u got what u deserved .
You sound like the crybaby. Although I do understand your frustration that this new administration is just perpetuating more of the same nonsense. The only thing that changed was the party. The roads are still mostly a mess, check out the sinkhole on my street on River Street and the ones on North Street. But those streets don't matter because we aren't on the right side of Central Ave where, by the way not, one village board member lives. They forgot we got flooded too. And all the patching happened "on the hill." I can't tell you the last time I saw any dpw truck down here but it wasn't anytime this year. The only one that knows anything at village hall when I call is the lady named Linda and I hear she got the boot. We haven't had a good administration that cared about the whole village in village hall since Joe Collea was mayor. Been downhill since Gilmartin took over and it has never recovered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any Real 20 inchers out there for Biceps, cold... 11 hr Joe 1
Remington Callbacks 16 hr Walter Kovacs 15
Trump is a dangerous imbecile (Dec '16) 16 hr ilion native 520
Jared chrisman 18 hr Kat 1
It's Time To Dissolve The Village of Ilion 23 hr I see losers 38
CVA Admins on vaction Sun Ken Dong 16
I'm Probably Not Even Sun Happy Gilmor 2

Ilion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance