U.S. Post Office SUCKS

Posted in the Idyllwild Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Postal

Sun City, CA

#1 Apr 27, 2011
I went to the Post Office the other day,(The one on Esplanade, across from Stater Brothers)
Filled out the shipping address, and bought two rolls of bubble wrap, walked up to the counter and asked the woman there if I could have a piece of tape that she had laying there, to seal the end of the box.(About 10 inches) She said that I would have to buy a roll of tape. The tape cost over $3.00.
The shipping cost for the box was going to be $14.00 plus the bubble wrap.
I explained to her that all I needed was a short piece of tape. She still refused.
Since I had already opened the bubble wrap and inserted it into the box, I paid for that and told her that I will never return to use the US Post Office again. I went to a UPS store and shipped the box for $7.00. And they filled out the new shipping slip and sealed it for me at no extra charge.
And they wonder why the U.S. Post Office is going out of business.
DancinDonut

Fillmore, CA

#2 Apr 28, 2011
LoL Postal, I had that very same experience with the Postal Office during Christmas time.

I told them the same thing. But I was not as nice. I told them it would be a
"cold day in hell before they got my business again"

But did make me wonder, if the Post Office across the US treats their customers so shabby?
liveinhemet

AOL

#3 Apr 28, 2011
Postal wrote:
I went to the Post Office the other day,(The one on Esplanade, across from Stater Brothers)
Filled out the shipping address, and bought two rolls of bubble wrap, walked up to the counter and asked the woman there if I could have a piece of tape that she had laying there, to seal the end of the box.(About 10 inches) She said that I would have to buy a roll of tape. The tape cost over $3.00.
The shipping cost for the box was going to be $14.00 plus the bubble wrap.
I explained to her that all I needed was a short piece of tape. She still refused.
Since I had already opened the bubble wrap and inserted it into the box, I paid for that and told her that I will never return to use the US Post Office again. I went to a UPS store and shipped the box for $7.00. And they filled out the new shipping slip and sealed it for me at no extra charge.
And they wonder why the U.S. Post Office is going out of business.
I can beat that story. I live in Hemet but my doctor is in Sun City because of my insurance. Went there last week and he gave me a slip to go get my blood work done. I walked out and left the slip on the counter. Called them the next day and asked them to mail it to me. They said I would have to send a self addressed stamped envelope so they could mail it.
How much money does that doctor make every time I see him. And he is to tight to spend the money on a stamp. GEEZ
live in hemet

Hemet, CA

#4 Apr 29, 2011
if you nedd a good service in a post office just go to winchester at simpson rd. and hwy 79 they are fast and ffiendly people
brb

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Apr 29, 2011
did you tell them to stop delivering mail to your house too?
Postal

Moreno Valley, CA

#6 Apr 30, 2011
I have started ordering things online, I by-pass the U.S. Post Office and save money and get faster results. And no problems. When I buy Walmart online, They send it, and if it breaks or the receiving person don't want it, they return it to the nearest Walmart. It's like "drop Shipping".
NO MORE GOING TO THE POST OFFICE FOR ME!
With all the email users and online banking, there's fewer people using snail mail.
I haven't purchased a postage stamp to mail a letter in 2-3 years. I still have those "forever" stamps. I have a printing company online to send Christmas and Birthday cards out for me. I go online, select, and order.
Voice of reason

United States

#7 Apr 30, 2011
I am personally happy they wanted to charge you for the tape, that means this is one gov't agency not giving something away for free. Your postage covers the cost of transporting your parcel, not packaging it.
JUDGEJURYEXECUTI ONER

Chino Hills, CA

#8 Apr 30, 2011
brb wrote:
did you tell them to stop delivering mail to your house too?
to my house or to the 5 different neighborhoods around me? its gotten so bad i noticed our mail boxes are #'d now and so are the pieces of mail. i've gotten my neighbors MS medicine that gets delivered i guess every month to our cluster box with a key to one of the "lock" boxes only i got the key, problem was i went out of town for a long weekend to go to Spring Training and when i checked it , there was a hole ripped in the bag it comes in, how guilty did i look having to deliver that? he said he'd been calling all over looking for it and the label on the bag clearly had his name and address, guess someone was curious as to those pills rattling around in there???
hiya

Hemet, CA

#9 Apr 30, 2011
liveinhemet wrote:
<quoted text>
I can beat that story. I live in Hemet but my doctor is in Sun City because of my insurance. Went there last week and he gave me a slip to go get my blood work done. I walked out and left the slip on the counter. Called them the next day and asked them to mail it to me. They said I would have to send a self addressed stamped envelope so they could mail it.
How much money does that doctor make every time I see him. And he is to tight to spend the money on a stamp. GEEZ
Name the greedy doctor!
Lisa

Hemet, CA

#10 Apr 30, 2011
JUDGEJURYEXECUTIONER wrote:
<quoted text>to my house or to the 5 different neighborhoods around me? its gotten so bad i noticed our mail boxes are #'d now and so are the pieces of mail. i've gotten my neighbors MS medicine that gets delivered i guess every month to our cluster box with a key to one of the "lock" boxes only i got the key, problem was i went out of town for a long weekend to go to Spring Training and when i checked it , there was a hole ripped in the bag it comes in, how guilty did i look having to deliver that? he said he'd been calling all over looking for it and the label on the bag clearly had his name and address, guess someone was curious as to those pills rattling around in there???
You sure cry alot. Why don't you just get a post office box.
that way when you get back from bad mitton training you can just go get your mail and read all your fan mail from bubba who misses ya.
Postal2

Hemet, CA

#11 Apr 30, 2011
Voice of reason wrote:
I am personally happy they wanted to charge you for the tape, that means this is one gov't agency not giving something away for free. Your postage covers the cost of transporting your parcel, not packaging it.
Oh right! They refused to practice good customer service by not tapping the end of a box using an 8" piece of tape, for a customer who was prepared to spend over $25.00. And that customer will never return but they will tell others about the rotten service.
Why do you think she had a roll of tape sitting there beside her?
It was there to assist cusomers if needed.
Diane

Portland, OR

#12 Jan 25, 2013
Will avoid using the PO from now on. Their prices aren't competitive and they really don't give a crap about their customers. The final straw was their lack of a guarantee. Need to get a debit card to my daughter in London. She's studying abroad and was the victim of a pick pocket. I explained I needed to get the card to her as fast as possible. Aside from the fact that there was absolutely no reaction they told me the fastest way to get it there was 3-5 days for $48.00! Oh, and no guarantee that it would get there in 3-5 days. It would have cost $16.95 for 6-10 days. So I asked why the drastic difference in price. They couldn't answer. I paid the higher price because she needs that card. And...wait for it... It still isn't there and it's been 8 days (6 working days). BS. If Fed Ex doesn't get your package to the destination when they say they will you get your $ back. But the PO isn't held accountable for their poor service so why should they change or try to improve? Had it with them. Let them go out of business.
old dirt farmer

Oceanside, CA

#14 Jan 25, 2013
yeah, BUT the USPS DID sponsor lance armstrong, the bicycle rider,........ he's a real American hero :)
JustSayin

Yucaipa, CA

#15 Jan 25, 2013
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure cry alot. Why don't you just get a post office box.
that way when you get back from bad mitton training you can just go get your mail and read all your fan mail from bubba who misses ya.
Ha! We had a P.O. box at the office on State St. in Hemet. Seems somebody broke into several of the boxes, ours included. Our mail was stolen, including a check. We found out when we went to get our mail. Well, even after they were told, and our box door wouldn't close and was hangin' there, they continued to put our mail in it. Anybody could walk up and just take it. When somebody cashed our check, I got a copy of the banking info on the back of the check and called that bank. They wouldn't tell me who's name was on the account (opened in L.A.) That was private information and they wouldn't give us any info. I told them that it wasn't cashed by us and wasn't our account. To get the check re-issued we had to proove that wasn't our signature and we didn't open an account in L.A. and cash that check. In the meantime, since the P.O. wouldn't do anything my husband called the FBI.(federal offence tampering with U.S. mail) They didn't do anything either. You would have thought--someone working at the P.O. would take a walk through in the morning, to make sure everything is as it should be. Nope, just kept putting mail in our broken box!
Hemet

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#17 Jan 28, 2013
I spent 17 years working for the Postal Service. I can tell you some horror stories that go on behind the scenes. I used to be a mail carrier/window clerk. I gave excellent service to my patrons. But today, these mail carriers are rude. You say "thank you" and they just walk away. They are ignorant and arrogant. The window clerks are the same way: ignorant. Their job is not that difficult. I can teach anyone, within a half hour, how to pass the entrance exam to get hired BUT I can't teach people skills or politeness and I CAN'T fix STUPID.
The real voice of reason

Moreno Valley, CA

#18 Jan 31, 2013
I personally look forward to the day when they shut the doors of all the US post Offices and concentrate only on delivering the mail. Think of the money this country would save.
I never use the post office because their prices are too high.
There are much better ways of mailing and shipping things. When you use a privately owned postal store , they are happy to print out a lable, package and tape your box at no extra cost.
Voice of reason wrote:
Don

Phoenix, AZ

#19 Mar 11, 2013
Anthem Post Office, Anthem Arizona. The Post Office started what they refer to as Real Mail Notification for post office box owners last year. They'll notify you by e-mail if you get mail at your box. I immediately signed up. Half the time when I get a notice, they'll be NO mail in the box. Turns out to be another fiasco that nobody at that post office will take responsibility for. When I asked the robot at the counter about the issue I was told "the computers do that". Really? Instead of trying to address the problem, her solution was to take me off the list. Brilliant! What a worthless bunch.
Postal3

Hemet, CA

#24 Mar 30, 2013
"Oh right! They refused to practice good customer service by not tapping the end of a box using an 8" piece of tape, for a customer who was prepared to spend over $25.00. And that customer will never return but they will tell others about the rotten service.
Why do you think she had a roll of tape sitting there beside her?
It was there to assist cusomers if needed."

how true
post offices saved

Hemet, CA

#25 Mar 30, 2013
(Reuters)- The U.S. Postal Service said on Wednesday that it is abandoning for now its plan to close thousands of post offices in rural locations and instead will shorten their hours of operation.
The change represents a victory for U.S. lawmakers and rural communities who created a backlash against the cash-strapped agency last summer when it began considering more than 3,600 post offices for closure this year.
Rather than shuttering offices starting next week, when a self-imposed moratorium on closings was set to end, the plan is to cut the operating hours of 13,000 locations with little traffic to between two and six hours a day.
"We've listened to our customers in rural America and we've heard them loud and clear - they want to keep their post offices open," said Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe. "There's no plan for closings at this point."
The new plan would save more money - roughly $500 million annually compared to $200 million under the old plan - and could placate some lawmakers in Washington who have been critical of the virtually bankrupt agency as it pushes for other controversial changes, such as ending Saturday mail or raising postage rates.
But lawmakers cautioned that removing the threat of thousands of closings should not dissuade Congress from urgently passing legislation to staunch the USPS's annual losses of billions of dollars.
The Postal Service, which relies on sales of stamps and other products rather than taxpayer dollars, has been losing billions of dollars each year as Americans increasingly communicate online.
Barring drastic changes, many of which require congressional action, officials have said the mail agency could face annual losses of $18 billion by 2015.
The Senate passed legislation last month that allows the USPS to end Saturday mail delivery after two years, restructures a massive annual payment for future retiree health benefits, and lets it use a surplus of about $11 billion in a retirement account to offer retirement incentives to older workers.
House of Representatives leaders have not scheduled a vote on postal legislation, and a bill from Republican Darrell Issa that passed his Oversight Committee more than six months ago is significantly different from the Senate version.
One of the major differences between the bills was how to handle post office closings. The Senate bill put in place additional protections for rural locations, such as requiring the agency to look at Internet access in each community.
During debate on the Senate floor, some senators said the bill did not go far enough and called for a longer moratorium on post office closings. Others favored the House approach, which tasks an oversight group with deciding which locations to close.
The Postal Service's move to keep post offices open at reduced hours could eliminate that controversial debate among lawmakers, said Art Sackler of the Coalition for a 21st Century Postal Service, a group that represents business mailers.
"I think that's a step in the right direction, both from the standpoint of serving the public and from removing a real choke point on getting the legislation that is so urgently needed," Sackler said. "The path is clearer to getting a bill done here."
The Postal Service is now seeking regulatory approval for the new rural post office strategy, which would not be completely implemented until September 2014.
LEGISLATIVE HOPE
Lawmakers repeated calls on Wednesday to pass legislation to help return the Postal Service to profitability.
"Stopgap, piecemeal measures like the proposal offered today only address a small part of the problem and will not keep the Postal Service from an imminent collapse," Senator Thomas Carper, a Democrat, said in a statement.
But some lawmakers said the Postal Service's decision may lessen a sense of urgency to pass a postal overhaul.
post offices news

Hemet, CA

#26 Mar 30, 2013
Exactly 236 years ago yesterday, on July 26, 1775, a guy by the name of Benjamin Franklin opened a post office at what is now 316 Market Street, in Philadelphia. At the time, the newly opened post office didn't fly an American flag, because America wasn't yet a country.

Ben was a smart old goat. The post office he established operated in the same building as his old house.

Fast forward now exactly 236 years. Ben's old post office is still operating. It's the only one in America that doesn't fly an American flag, to honor the fact that Franklin started it before America became a nation.

Unfortunately, in a very strange twist of fate, exactly 236 years to the day of Franklin's founding of his post office, the operators of the Franklin branch, along with the postmasters of 3,653 other post offices throughout the nation, were informed that their branches are likely to be shut down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Idyllwild Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
corruption with Riverside county CPS Fri SAD BUT TRUE 11
How come all Hemet sex offenders addresses aren... (Dec '08) Thu lARRY mILLER9626 12
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 23 Amazed 12
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way Dec 22 hemetone 2
John HunnemanHUNNEMAN: Trying to make Christmas... Dec 20 mary 1
Hemet - The worst city to live in california Dec 20 Joe Hemet 13
Who gives head at riteaid dc since Richie pycio... Dec 20 Truth 1

Idyllwild News Video

Idyllwild Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Idyllwild People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Idyllwild News, Events & Info