Comments
1 - 20 of 47 Comments Last updated Jul 22, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 15, 2010
 

Judged:

5

3

2

according to the press enterprise, 1 of every 8 sec. 8 (free rent), vouchers are going to hemet where there is plenty of cheap rentals.....most on sec. 8 are black and mexican , with a hand full of white , and that is the reason for the huge change in the valley.....this all equals gangs and crime....congradulations gangs, you have officialy done what obama has not done in afganastan.......you have won and taken over the san jacinto valley....have your way, the police and public have very little hope....
Cary

Calabasas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 15, 2010
 

Judged:

6

5

4

First of all, section 8 is not 'free' vouchers. People who receive section 8 pay 10% of rent, which I wish I had. It takes years to qualify for section 8. Most of the people on section 8 are the disabled elderly. People who get section 8 'have' to live where section 8 is accepted. Not every apartment complex or homes for rent accept section 8. Few people are getting section 8 anymore due to the county cutting back on funding. Don't believe everything PE prints. They like to stir it up so paper sales go up.
Just thought you'd like to know.
dan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 16, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

cary, go to the governments web site on hud, sec 8......you got most of your facts wrong....the press enterprise checks there facts, you have not...I totally stand by there facts and mine.
Wayne Odle

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I have been told by several people that there are signs, BILLBOARDS, in LA telling section 8 individuals that there is cheap rent here in San Jacinto and Hemet. One of my clients, who would not have believed it utill he saw it with his very eyes. Who is paying for these billboards??????????
dan wrote:
according to the press enterprise, 1 of every 8 sec. 8 (free rent), vouchers are going to hemet where there is plenty of cheap rentals.....most on sec. 8 are black and mexican , with a hand full of white , and that is the reason for the huge change in the valley.....this all equals gangs and crime....congradulations gangs, you have officialy done what obama has not done in afganastan.......you have won and taken over the san jacinto valley....have your way, the police and public have very little hope....
Wayne Odle

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 17, 2012
 

Judged:

5

3

2

What is going on in Hemet and San Jacinto. The streets are overridden with bums and lowlifes. These people are not interested in producing, just consuming. Where are our leaders? Is it true lowlifes are getting paid $500 to move here. Is it a rumor?
Look at out streets and see the influx of hookers, drug dealers, vagrants. Riding bicycles on sidewalks like its the street. Pushing shopping carts like its a badge of courage. Digging in our trash to find recycles. Street corners filled with employees of greedy business people holding signs, sell me gold, do your taxes, get a cell phone, ect ect ect. Full page adds in the paper by carpetbaggers raping the community of there valuables.
The the blank is happening?
P Serpico

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 17, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Wayne Odle wrote:
What is going on in Hemet and San Jacinto. The streets are overridden with bums and lowlifes. These people are not interested in producing, just consuming. Where are our leaders? Is it true lowlifes are getting paid $500 to move here. Is it a rumor?
Look at out streets and see the influx of hookers, drug dealers, vagrants. Riding bicycles on sidewalks like its the street. Pushing shopping carts like its a badge of courage. Digging in our trash to find recycles. Street corners filled with employees of greedy business people holding signs, sell me gold, do your taxes, get a cell phone, ect ect ect. Full page adds in the paper by carpetbaggers raping the community of there valuables.
The the blank is happening?
+100000 to the two previous posts.

Interesting how "Hemet ROCS" won't address the #1 problem here in the valley-The influx of dung from outside the area. They should be stopping this section 8 crap. But you know there's got to be money for the city at the end of the carrot, so they'll do nothing.

There are quite a few on the "ROCS" team who have overdosed on the kool-aid being served by the Hemet city council.

It's f**king sad and ridiculous!
ENQIERINGWITHOUT AMIND

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

P Serpico wrote:
<quoted text>
+100000 to the two previous posts.
Interesting how "Hemet ROCS" won't address the #1 problem here in the valley-The influx of dung from outside the area. They should be stopping this section 8 crap. But you know there's got to be money for the city at the end of the carrot, so they'll do nothing.
There are quite a few on the "ROCS" team who have overdosed on the kool-aid being served by the Hemet city council.
It's f**king sad and ridiculous!
THE # 1 REASON FOR HEMET GOING DOWN HILL IS THE INVESTORS AND A-HOLES WHO DON'T LIVE IN HEMET, BUT ARE GUYING MANY OF THE HOMES. AS A RESULT, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT WHO RENTS THE HOUSES OUT. AND THEY RATHER GET SEC. 8. LOOK AT THE ADS THEY SAY HOUSE FOR RENT SEC. 8 OK!! THEREFORE ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU HAVE A LOWLIFE FREELOADER LIVING NEXT TO YOU. WHAT THEY NEED TO DO IS START LIMITING THE SEC 8. THEY ALSO NEED TO FINE LAND LORDS FOR NOT CARING ABOUT WHO THEY RENT TO. THEY PREFER SEC.8ERS. BECAUSE THEY ARE GUARANTIED TO GET PAID. BUT THEY DON'T LIVE IN HEMET AND WE ARE THE PEOPLE GETTING Screwed.
DancinDonut

Fillmore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

I agree with what many said here. These auctions are held on the courthouse steps. They are people from out of town, just trying to make a $$$. They bit on them, they get them, they "sorta" fix them up. Then they get their Sec 8 application in. Because they know it is easier to rent to Sec8 and have some one pay them the rent,NO guarentee they would get the rent monthly...but under the govt they get paid, even if it is half.

IF the CITY or COUNTY would cut the AMOUNT of SEC 8 out there the GOV. would save a TON of money, they would not have to put their employees on furlough etc.
Fed Upppp

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I have lived here in Hemet for 23 years and now find myself afraid for my life when I go out! This town has turned into East LA. There are nothing but hookers and drug dealers and thugs walking Florida and beggers in every parking lot. I am moving out of this town ASAP. I cannot believe that this sweet retirement town has turned into a slum!! I am so sad to see whats happened to our city, but there was an incentive for the city to allow child molesters, people just out of prison and section 8 to come here. Now they are taking what they consider is theirs....everything that belongs to someone else! Goodbye Hemet....from Fed UP
NOT_Free

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Cary wrote:
First of all, section 8 is not 'free' vouchers. People who receive section 8 pay 10% of rent, which I wish I had. It takes years to qualify for section 8. Most of the people on section 8 are the disabled elderly. People who get section 8 'have' to live where section 8 is accepted. Not every apartment complex or homes for rent accept section 8. Few people are getting section 8 anymore due to the county cutting back on funding. Don't believe everything PE prints. They like to stir it up so paper sales go up.
Just thought you'd like to know.
Cary, you are right Section 8 is NOT free. The Housing Authority of Riveside County located at 5555 Arlington Ave., Riverside, administers Section 8 in Hemet. If you do an internet search using harivco it will bring up the website for the Riverside County Housing Authority. The drop down menus can be used to explain how the program works. Section 8 exists as a partial rental assistance program not as a complete rental payment program. The tenant never pays a zero dollar amount for rent. An Eligibility Specialist works out a budget based on the tenants' gross income. If a Housing Authority is struggling the tenant portion can exceed 10% of their gross income.
MadMaddie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 26, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

1

NOT_Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Cary, you are right Section 8 is NOT free. The Housing Authority of Riveside County located at 5555 Arlington Ave., Riverside, administers Section 8 in Hemet. If you do an internet search using harivco it will bring up the website for the Riverside County Housing Authority. The drop down menus can be used to explain how the program works. Section 8 exists as a partial rental assistance program not as a complete rental payment program. The tenant never pays a zero dollar amount for rent. An Eligibility Specialist works out a budget based on the tenants' gross income. If a Housing Authority is struggling the tenant portion can exceed 10% of their gross income.
WTF 10% IS FREE!!!! AND THESE SECTION 8ERS ARE ALWAYS GHETTO!! AND SINCE IT TAKES YEARS TO GET SEC. 8 / THESE A-HOLES NEVER GET OFF SEC.8!! THATS HOW THESE A-HOLES CAN AFFORD TO LIVE IN NICE HOUSES!!(And screw up the neighborhood)
know stuff

Radersburg, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 26, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Generational section 8....gotta love it! Like generational welfare, parents are raising way too many kids on section 8, so what do you think those kids are gonna do? Follow mom's (or dad's) example, and become leeches on the taxpayer!

Just loving the downward spiral of what used to be the most powerful Nation on Earth, the USA......how far off is socialism?

Eventually, there will be more folks living off the "system" than there are taxpayers to support this "system".....or are we already there?

40% of people in the USA pay no taxes. Most of those 40% actually get tax "refunds"! REFUNDS? Yes, paid for by myself, my wife, and every other tax-paying, hard-working American. Sad state of affairs, for sure..........
San Jacinto Taxpayer

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 27, 2012
 

Judged:

10

10

6

NOT_Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Cary, you are right Section 8 is NOT free. The Housing Authority of Riveside County located at 5555 Arlington Ave., Riverside, administers Section 8 in Hemet. If you do an internet search using harivco it will bring up the website for the Riverside County Housing Authority. The drop down menus can be used to explain how the program works. Section 8 exists as a partial rental assistance program not as a complete rental payment program. The tenant never pays a zero dollar amount for rent. An Eligibility Specialist works out a budget based on the tenants' gross income. If a Housing Authority is struggling the tenant portion can exceed 10% of their gross income.
You are incorrect. There are a large number of Section 8 Households who's portion of the rent is zero. Then they also receive a check/assistance to pay their utilities. All funded by taxpayers, who most likely are their neighbors who get up and go to work to pay their rent/mortgage and the rent for Section 8 participants.

This assistance should be given to people unable to work, such as our disabled/elderly/Veterans. Not people who CHOOSE to not work due to LAZINESS.

There is no time limit as to how long the Section 8 participants receive these benefits. Therefore you create a family who's only goal in life is to live off hard working taxpayers.

We don't need to import lazy people from other counties into our neighborhoods. It sets a precedence and makes the hard working people wonder, why someone who chooses to work is worse off then the lazy section 8 neighbor who chooses not to.

Our section 8 neighbor owns a newer Lexus and Dodge Durango. They party all night. Their children run around unsupervised all day, while their Mom sleeps.

Socialism is what it is. Free rent, utilities paid, cash aid/welfare pays their car payments, food stamps buys their food, Medi-cal pays their health insurance, free education-childcare for their children. While the hard working citizens next door struggles. Socialism.
Kat

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 27, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

2

San Jacinto Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. There are a large number of Section 8 Households who's portion of the rent is zero. Then they also receive a check/assistance to pay their utilities. All funded by taxpayers, who most likely are their neighbors who get up and go to work to pay their rent/mortgage and the rent for Section 8 participants.
This assistance should be given to people unable to work, such as our disabled/elderly/Veterans. Not people who CHOOSE to not work due to LAZINESS.
There is no time limit as to how long the Section 8 participants receive these benefits. Therefore you create a family who's only goal in life is to live off hard working taxpayers.
We don't need to import lazy people from other counties into our neighborhoods. It sets a precedence and makes the hard working people wonder, why someone who chooses to work is worse off then the lazy section 8 neighbor who chooses not to.
Our section 8 neighbor owns a newer Lexus and Dodge Durango. They party all night. Their children run around unsupervised all day, while their Mom sleeps.
Socialism is what it is. Free rent, utilities paid, cash aid/welfare pays their car payments, food stamps buys their food, Medi-cal pays their health insurance, free education-childcare for their children. While the hard working citizens next door struggles. Socialism.
I agree. My neighbors are on section 8 and they are lazy able bodied people. If they can walk, talk and drive a car: they can work! they sit around playing their rap crap and smoke weed and cigarettes...need I say more?
San Jacinto Taxpayer

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 27, 2012
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Kat wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. My neighbors are on section 8 and they are lazy able bodied people. If they can walk, talk and drive a car: they can work! they sit around playing their rap crap and smoke weed and cigarettes...need I say more?
On my days off I work in my yard. My section 8 neighbors don't work. They sit in their front yard, drink, have their music blasting, they party every day. All at the expense of hard working tax payers. Every day is Saturday for them. Since they moved in our neighborhood has had many home burglaries which occur, of course during work days.
MadMaddie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 28, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

San Jacinto Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
On my days off I work in my yard. My section 8 neighbors don't work. They sit in their front yard, drink, have their music blasting, they party every day. All at the expense of hard working tax payers. Every day is Saturday for them. Since they moved in our neighborhood has had many home burglaries which occur, of course during work days.
THE CITY NEEDS TO BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHO THEY LET LIVE NEXT TO US. IF THE A-HOLES THEY PUT THERE ARE COMMITTING THE CRIMES THEY NEED TO BE ACCOUNTABLE AND GET RID OF THE SEC. 8ERS IF FOR EXAMPLE THERE ARE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THESE A-HOLES!(I somehow feel the city leaders don't have this problem yet!! Not until these a-holes start living next door to them will they do anything)IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIND OUT WHERE THE PEOPLE WHO WORK AT CITY HALL LIVE?
Kat

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 1, 2012
 
San Jacinto Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
On my days off I work in my yard. My section 8 neighbors don't work. They sit in their front yard, drink, have their music blasting, they party every day. All at the expense of hard working tax payers. Every day is Saturday for them. Since they moved in our neighborhood has had many home burglaries which occur, of course during work days.
Let's change the name from section 8 to SECTION HATE: it fits better! Human f.... leaches!
Linda

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

1

MadMaddie wrote:
<quoted text>WTF 10% IS FREE!!!! AND THESE SECTION 8ERS ARE ALWAYS GHETTO!! AND SINCE IT TAKES YEARS TO GET SEC. 8 / THESE A-HOLES NEVER GET OFF SEC.8!! THATS HOW THESE A-HOLES CAN AFFORD TO LIVE IN NICE HOUSES!!(And screw up the neighborhood)
I have to say I truly resent your post....yes it is true that people are ghetto on section 8 - but what about my disabled - and white might I add - 74 yr old mother who worked her entire life from 16 to just 5 yrs ago when she had both knees replaced & has rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis and osteoarthritis & has no choice but to be on section 8 since her pension and social security are not "livable income" - you're gonna have the gall to talk of her as subhuman? How about you guys start calling elected officials & demand drug testing for the ghetto low life's with 5&10 kids a piece & stop giving it to illegals rather than lumping everyone into 1 pot....not all people on section 8 are how you describe
Me

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Linda wrote:
<quoted text>I have to say I truly resent your post....yes it is true that people are ghetto on section 8 - but what about my disabled - and white might I add - 74 yr old mother who worked her entire life from 16 to just 5 yrs ago when she had both knees replaced & has rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis and osteoarthritis & has no choice but to be on section 8 since her pension and social security are not "livable income" - you're gonna have the gall to talk of her as subhuman? How about you guys start calling elected officials & demand drug testing for the ghetto low life's with 5&10 kids a piece & stop giving it to illegals rather than lumping everyone into 1 pot....not all people on section 8 are how you describe
I would rather my elderly mom come live with me than alone in some shady sect8 house. Then I can make sure she is ok. But I guess that is because I give a shit. Unlike Linda.
God bless sec 8

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 11, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

word up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Idyllwild Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOScH Auto Group Sucks (Dec '11) 37 min lARRY mILLER 34
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 54 min users name 4,995
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr Browser 15,957
Debate: Ferguson - Hemet, CA 8 hr american 1
Missing Persons Fri Chris 2
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri ferris wheel 200,602
McDonalds Fri ThisIsWHY 5

Search the Idyllwild Forum:
•••

Idyllwild News Video

•••
•••

Idyllwild Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Idyllwild People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Idyllwild News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Idyllwild
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••