Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#31587 Oct 4, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
Oh and Dusty the work that I follow are from Dr. Joseph Stiglitz and Dr. Paul Krugman, both winners of the Nobel prize in Economics. But heck, what do they know? They both forcasted the economic collapse years before it happened. They also said that austerity in times of recession was malpractice on the part of politicians. They also said what is happening in Europe, England and Greece that austerity now only benefits Germany and that the ones calling for austerity there were going to make their economy be stagnant or in decline for at least a decade.
Their the ones that said it was especially stupid of us not to take advantage of investors wanting to loan us money at the unheard of rates because they want to park their money in the US as a safe haven. At the low low interest rate those notes would be paying it would be at around 1%.
It's not like we need jobs now or anything since paying down the deficit seems to be of prime importance to you. Seems to me that the only way to get people off of welfare is putting them back to work. It's not like their not going to spend the money they earn off doing those government jobs. Money going into the rest of the economy, by the way. But if you want to follow President Hoover's economic prescription, go right ahead because that is what you are calling for. LOL
==========
Explains a lot. Krugman is nuts. He thinks he has the only worthy theories. Keynesian deficit spending is not an end all in Econ. There are other worthy theories. But anyone who disagrees with his thoughts is seen by him as psychotic.

Krugman as a shrink needs to treat himself.

Keep spending what we don't have without relevant growth will certainly doom this nation. Krugman wants to keep juggling debt payments, but it has already caught up with us.

Do you keep spending ever more than you take in at your hash joint? Does your business keep running bigger and bigger deficits?

Location hidden

#31588 Oct 4, 2012
Romney came off last night as imitating Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan.

He used Clinton strategy of being for what the people want, and he used a Reagan type dramatic tone of voice, presence and delivery.

Romney exuded condescension trying to make it seem he was superiority confronting inferiority. Obama basically responded with yassa massuh.

Now Obama is in a position of having to get off his knees and stand up to Mitt the chameleon.

Obama allowed himself to become an underdog last night.

Location hidden

#31589 Oct 4, 2012
Read my lips, "no tax cut that adds to the deficit."

Haven't we heard that or something like it before?

Now here we go again. Fool me once...

Location hidden

#31590 Oct 4, 2012
Obama went into last nights debate with nice leads in battleground states. If those leads show little change or remain the same it means Obama won last night as his objective was to win those swing states.
Jesse

United States

#31591 Oct 4, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
One thing Obama got Osama killed but Romney will kill Big Bird.
I can't wait for the ads to come out showing what Mitt has been saying for the last year and what he said tonight.
I want to here what's being said tomorrow. Heh.
Correction:

Our SEALS killed Osama. Obama KILLED our economy!
Jesse

United States

#31592 Oct 4, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Explains a lot. Krugman is nuts. He thinks he has the only worthy theories. Keynesian deficit spending is not an end all in Econ. There are other worthy theories. But anyone who disagrees with his thoughts is seen by him as psychotic.
Krugman as a shrink needs to treat himself.
Keep spending what we don't have without relevant growth will certainly doom this nation. Krugman wants to keep juggling debt payments, but it has already caught up with us.
Do you keep spending ever more than you take in at your hash joint? Does your business keep running bigger and bigger deficits?
Excellent Post!!!

Since: Sep 12

Groningen, Netherlands

#31593 Oct 4, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
Read my lips, "no tax cut that adds to the deficit."
Haven't we heard that or something like it before?
Now here we go again. Fool me once...
Obama was definitely subdued in that debate.. makes me wonder what he has planned.

But Romney is changing his plans/stories quickly, so the Republican team has told him due to his unpopular recent past to again, change to fit into what the American public can more easily stomach.

His economics doesn't add up though. And the only things he is really interested in is upheaving the current administrations plans.

Location hidden

#31594 Oct 4, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was definitely subdued in that debate.. makes me wonder what he has planned.
But Romney is changing his plans/stories quickly, so the Republican team has told him due to his unpopular recent past to again, change to fit into what the American public can more easily stomach.
His economics doesn't add up though. And the only things he is really interested in is upheaving the current administrations plans.
==========
Romney went into debate with nothing to lose and threw all kinds of crap against the wall and for now, some of it stuck, else race would be over. How much of Mitt's deception will continue to stick is not known at this time. This is just one debate. Two more to go, not counting VP.

Rassy right-winger shows Obama up 49% to 47% for Romney.

Rasmussen also noted that debates seldom change the dynamics of Presidential race.
Jesse

United States

#31595 Oct 4, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Romney went into debate with nothing to lose and threw all kinds of crap against the wall and for now, some of it stuck, else race would be over. How much of Mitt's deception will continue to stick is not known at this time. This is just one debate. Two more to go, not counting VP.
Rasmussen also noted that debates seldom change the dynamics of Presidential race.
Now your quoting Rassmusson? LMAO
Jesse

United States

#31596 Oct 4, 2012
Earlier this week you claimed Rassmusson was biased for the the republican and his polls were not to be trusted!!!!!!!!!!
Katmandu

United States

#31597 Oct 4, 2012
Jesse wrote:
Earlier this week you claimed Rassmusson was biased for the the republican and his polls were not to be trusted!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, funny! Liberals only want to hear what supports Obama don't tell them their idol has clay feet. Don't tell them the economy sucks and is in serious trouble, don't tell them Obama's foreign policy is in shambles, don't tell them the tax increases because of expiration of Bush cuts plus all the additional new taxes Obama got passed will hit americans 2013 will have a profound negative effect on a sputtering to stagnant economy!

Just don't bother them with the obvious FACTS.

Location hidden

#31598 Oct 4, 2012
Katmandu wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, funny! Liberals only want to hear what supports Obama don't tell them their idol has clay feet. Don't tell them the economy sucks and is in serious trouble, don't tell them Obama's foreign policy is in shambles, don't tell them the tax increases because of expiration of Bush cuts plus all the additional new taxes Obama got passed will hit americans 2013 will have a profound negative effect on a sputtering to stagnant economy!
Just don't bother them with the obvious FACTS.
==========
What I've always said is that if Rassy shows Obama up by three points it really means Obama is up by much more.
Katmandu

United States

#31599 Oct 4, 2012
Al Gore said the president bombed in the debate because of the altitude, lol. Bill Mahr rakes Obama over the coals. Just follow the hollywood liberal tweets and you'll know they can't believe how bad their man did last night!

Location hidden

#31600 Oct 4, 2012
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Now your quoting Rassmusson? LMAO
==========
I've long quoted Rassy as an indicator of how far Obama is different. Rassy says up by so many points, it really means Obama is up by more. Rassy says Obama down by say four it really means Obama is even or higher.

Used to be Zogby and he stopped fudging the numbers and the GOP fired him and hired Rasmussen.
MistyGirl

United States

#31601 Oct 4, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
I've long quoted Rassy as an indicator of how far Obama is different. Rassy says up by so many points, it really means Obama is up by more. Rassy says Obama down by say four it really means Obama is even or higher.
Used to be Zogby and he stopped fudging the numbers and the GOP fired him and hired Rasmussen.
That's why I find polls unreliable period. There are still more debates to come between these two and the VP debate, to many variables can still happen in my opinion.
Tunaboat

Oklahoma City, OK

#31602 Oct 4, 2012
I have a good feeling one way or the other the silent majority will decide this one in Nov.

Groningen, Netherlands

#31603 Oct 4, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Yes, well Michelle won the bake off. So thatīs got to count for something.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#31604 Oct 4, 2012
Pundits are attacking Obama for not rolling out the 47% and Romney saying poor people can "just use the emergency room" and various other gaffes. Well maybe. But while we live in a disposable society and throwaway cliches, the one group in America who is still undecided in this election are obviously the most cautious and investigative of all voters. I doubt they will jump off the fence based on one debate. They've been fence sitting for a long time now and I suspect they will make their decisions after all 3 debates.

In other words the Obama campaign is not as stupid as right and left wing zealots. Four words.

Tortoise and the Hare.

Groningen, Netherlands

#31605 Oct 4, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Those numbers looking very encouraging to me considering the source.

Groningen, Netherlands

#31606 Oct 4, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
Pundits are attacking Obama for not rolling out the 47% and Romney saying poor people can "just use the emergency room" and various other gaffes. Well maybe. But while we live in a disposable society and throwaway cliches, the one group in America who is still undecided in this election are obviously the most cautious and investigative of all voters. I doubt they will jump off the fence based on one debate. They've been fence sitting for a long time now and I suspect they will make their decisions after all 3 debates.
In other words the Obama campaign is not as stupid as right and left wing zealots. Four words.
Tortoise and the Hare.
Could be, I had the feeling he was just waiting this one out. Seeing how much damage Romney would do to himself.. taking notes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Idabel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
orgy Fri Dope Pope 2
steve martin anyone know anything about him? (Jun '11) Wed bobby 6
fat Valliant cop Wed someonewhoknows 4
Jehovahs Witnesses Hide Child Sex Abuse Claims ... Feb 24 Some Religions Ar... 1
Are sensations, thoughts, feelings and behavior... Feb 24 Prying Open My Th... 5
JusticeForAnimals Feb 22 JusticeForAnimals 1
Shocking Video Leads To Rescue Of Dogs From Ida... Feb 22 Watching 13
Idabel Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Idabel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:13 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:13PM