sleepy

Macon, GA

#1 Jan 7, 2010
I was just wondering does anyone out there use a CPAP machine to sleep with, I went to the doctor recently and they suggested a sleep study and possible CPAP machine to assist me while I sleep. I was wondering are they easy to get use to and do they really help in sleeping. I don't rest very well right now and actually I feel better sometimes before I go to bed than I do after waking up from sleeping for 7 or 8 hours. Any help or insight would be appreciated especially from people that are currently using one.
sleepy

Fowlerville, MI

#2 Jan 9, 2010
bump.....still sleepy any input would be appreciated
are you the one

Honolulu, HI

#3 Jan 9, 2010
sleepy wrote:
I was just wondering does anyone out there use a CPAP machine to sleep with, I went to the doctor recently and they suggested a sleep study and possible CPAP machine to assist me while I sleep. I was wondering are they easy to get use to and do they really help in sleeping. I don't rest very well right now and actually I feel better sometimes before I go to bed than I do after waking up from sleeping for 7 or 8 hours. Any help or insight would be appreciated especially from people that are currently using one.
are you a blogger?
i use c-pap

United States

#4 Jan 10, 2010
i have used a c-pap for 5 years. i also felt better after i had been up all day than when i was waking up before i got c-pap.

i had shortness of breath,hurting all over,sleepy and tired all the time.
now i wouldn't want to sleep with out my c-pap it such a big improvement. i don't have shortness of breath now. i don't hurt as bad now.
and i feel rested when i wake.
the study is no big deal and if you need c-pap you will feel much better if you use it.
i think the full face mask is the best. but they will try and make u use a nasel mask.
i hope this helps u.
sleepy wrote:
sleepy

Nashville, MI

#5 Jan 10, 2010
i use c-pap wrote:
i have used a c-pap for 5 years. i also felt better after i had been up all day than when i was waking up before i got c-pap.
i had shortness of breath,hurting all over,sleepy and tired all the time.
now i wouldn't want to sleep with out my c-pap it such a big improvement. i don't have shortness of breath now. i don't hurt as bad now.
and i feel rested when i wake.
the study is no big deal and if you need c-pap you will feel much better if you use it.
i think the full face mask is the best. but they will try and make u use a nasel mask.
i hope this helps u.
<quoted text>
thanks. thats what i was looking for i will see if they suggest one and if they do i will push for the full face first if it is more comfortable, although I don't really care right now feeling like this all the time sucks
Max

Inglewood, CA

#6 Jul 28, 2011
What do you think about the CPAP machines on http://www.activa-medical.com
bella

Williamstown, WV

#7 Jul 29, 2011
i don't think it matter's much about the brand or anything.
but it really helps when you have sleep apnea. i've used one for about 5 or 6 years i won't even nap without it.
Max wrote:
What do you think about the CPAP machines on http://www.activa-medical.com
just saying

Charlotte, NC

#8 Jul 29, 2011
My husband was required to wear a cpap to sleep. and it does help so if a doctor says you need one i 100% agree and you should use it it is very important...
Jensang

Scottsville, VA

#9 Jul 30, 2011
Take to asprin and drink a bottle of Vodka. I think it will help you sleep but sometimes make my head hurt the next day.
tmj25621

Gilbert, WV

#10 Jul 30, 2011
I would strongly suggest you seriously consider the CPAP.....I got to admit, it has most likely saved me.

Without the CPAP, you cannot breathe and you are constantly waking up to breath. A body mechanism that just helps protect itself. I would also suggest you get one with a humidifier. I have had two and the first did not have the humidifier and the second one does. My mouth and throat do not dry out as much.

Yes there is an adjustment time, but I can tell you that you will like the way you feel more rested after maybe the first time of usage like I did

One good side affect other than feeling better is my losing weight after using it....One has more oxygen in their body and as a result your metabolism is increased.

I just hope you seriously consider it......Approach it expecting it to help and it surely will......
greyp

Santa Ana, CA

#11 Oct 3, 2011
http://www.activa-medical.com has a great selection of CPAP machines.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iaeger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 3 min Reup 45,272
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr tom 4,487
Motorcycle Parking in Iaeger (Feb '17) 4 hr Jonathon 2
The Alphabet Game (Dec '11) 8 hr Rose 3,067
Holiday Word Assocation (Nov '08) 11 hr -Papa-Smurf- 1,788
Word assocation (Sep '07) 11 hr -Papa-Smurf- 18,351
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 11 hr -Papa-Smurf- 7,725

Iaeger Jobs

Personal Finance

Iaeger Mortgages