Anyone find out how IHS cheerleading tryouts went???

Posted in the Iaeger Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Curious

AOL

#1 Aug 7, 2008
Hey, Just wondering if anyone heard anything about cheerleading tryouts yet??
I Heard

United States

#2 Aug 7, 2008
well I heard everyone that went out for it got it, as usual.
I KNOW

Charleston, WV

#3 Aug 8, 2008
Here is how it is:

Varsity Cheerleaders
Natasha Collins
Latasha McClanahan
Matracia McCoy
Sheena Jones
Tonya Mullins
Chelsea Riffe
Marla Addair
Alyssa Brown
Candice Roberts
Katielyn Bailey
Brianna Graham
Courtney Mullins
Chelsey Lambert

JV/ Varisty
Katie Jones
Serena Riggs

JV
Bethany Justice
Heleena Hicks
Ashley Bailey
Megan Clery

Cubby
Kateilyn R.
who

Gilbert, WV

#4 Aug 8, 2008
who is the cheerleading coach this year?
Delta Rose

Cornelius, NC

#5 Aug 8, 2008
So, why are there 14 varsity cheerleaders and only 4 JV? and what is a JV/Varsity? is it like an alternate thing?
I heard

United States

#6 Aug 8, 2008
the new cheerleading coach this year, is Vivian Barker,formerly coach for the Middle School. Yes it is like an alternate thing. and whats sad is "they" picked the ones coming from Middle School to be on varsity instead of being on JV like it should have been. I guess like always "they" make up the "rules" as they want to, not like they should be.
tyu775

United States

#7 Aug 8, 2008
I thought Tiffany Dehaven was the cheerleading coach?
Hey

Sutton, WV

#8 Aug 8, 2008
Hey, Natasha, congratulations. You are a doll. Will always love ya, kido.
I heard

United States

#9 Aug 8, 2008
Congratulations to all the girls. Hope you have a great year. Tiffany is the cheerleading coach of the Little Cubs,midget league. She was last year,not sure about this year.
well

United States

#10 Aug 8, 2008
I kinda have a problem with 4 freshmen getting varsity.
I know those girls (and have watched them cheer). Katilyn Bailey? I find that hard to believe.
Katie Jones should have been on varsity before those girls.
get it right

Shinnston, WV

#11 Aug 8, 2008
Delta Rose wrote:
So, why are there 14 varsity cheerleaders and only 4 JV? and what is a JV/Varsity? is it like an alternate thing?
There are 13 varsity, and those girls are really good... can't wait to see them cheer this year
I heard

United States

#12 Aug 8, 2008
well wrote:
I kinda have a problem with 4 freshmen getting varsity.
I know those girls (and have watched them cheer). Katilyn Bailey? I find that hard to believe.
Katie Jones should have been on varsity before those girls.
I couldn't agree with you more!!!!!
You should know

United States

#13 Aug 8, 2008
It is common knowledge that it isn't how well you do on tryouts, it is if they want you on their sguad. The coaches are told by ssac rules it is better to pick your own sguad. Some coaches will even put checks on the girls names for the judges to score these girls higher. Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about, because we have been there, I didn't approve of it then or now. In some instances when the tryout dance is taught, several of the cheerleaders would already know it. Which you can guess which ones. It was so obvious that the girls knew it, they wouldn't even try to play dumb. I am not talking about this year, I am talking about past years. If you have confidence in your kids and think they are so great, why do they need to know the dances before the other girls? I am not refering to any certain school, but they are in the Sandy River district.
well

United States

#14 Aug 8, 2008
You should know wrote:
It is common knowledge that it isn't how well you do on tryouts, it is if they want you on their sguad. The coaches are told by ssac rules it is better to pick your own sguad. Some coaches will even put checks on the girls names for the judges to score these girls higher. Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about, because we have been there, I didn't approve of it then or now. In some instances when the tryout dance is taught, several of the cheerleaders would already know it. Which you can guess which ones. It was so obvious that the girls knew it, they wouldn't even try to play dumb. I am not talking about this year, I am talking about past years. If you have confidence in your kids and think they are so great, why do they need to know the dances before the other girls? I am not refering to any certain school, but they are in the Sandy River district.
You don't leave much doubt to which school. But I agree that there has been times when the coaches have let it be known to judges who they want. Also there have been judges who have asked coaches do they have preferences. This stuff goes on everywhere.
listen18

United States

#15 Aug 8, 2008
"It is common knowledge that it isn't how well you do on tryouts, it is if they want you on their sguad. The coaches are told by ssac rules it is better to pick your own sguad. Some coaches will even put checks on the girls names for the judges to score these girls higher. Don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about, because we have been there, I didn't approve of it then or now. In some instances when the tryout dance is taught, several of the cheerleaders would already know it. Which you can guess which ones. It was so obvious that the girls knew it, they wouldn't even try to play dumb. I am not talking about this year, I am talking about past years. If you have confidence in your kids and think they are so great, why do they need to know the dances before the other girls? I am not refering to any certain school, but they are in the Sandy River district."
First of all if you have never tried out for Iaeger High Cheerleading squad then you have no idea what you are talking about. As a former cheerleader I can honestly say that NO ONE but the person teaching the dance knows the dance.Before everyone runs their mouth about who should be on the squad and who shouldn't, they need to come watch these girls practice and they will see the choice for varsity is obvious. They girls that got on varsity are very deserving and worked very hard to earn their postions. It doesn't matter if they are freshman or seniors if they made the squad it wouldn't be fair to take them off just because an upperclassmen didn't make the squad. I say congratulations to all the girls because everyone got something and everyone should be proud of that!! In conclusion, I want to give everybody a big CONGRATULATIONS from me!!!
I know a couple of girls

United States

#16 Aug 8, 2008
You know I believe it, because I heard it from some former cheerleaders themselves about learning the dance before tryouts several years ago. I can list names of the girls, but I don't want to drag them into this. It may be different when you were cheering. If you ask them now they wouldn't admit to it, but the girls that were involved knows the truth. Congratulations to the new cheerleaders I am sure they are great.
IHS

Cowen, WV

#17 Aug 9, 2008
Anybody who has went to Iaeger High School knows how it is, the school motto should be Money TALKS, Bullsh*t WALKS!!!
FYI

AOL

#18 Aug 9, 2008
It was told up front that how you rank on the squad is based on your score. If you scored in the top 13 you make varsity. The next scores got Varsity/JV and then came JV. It does not matter how old you are or what grade you are in. What you get is what you deserve! I agree Katie is a good cheerleader and a very sweet girl, but nobody knows who performed perfect and who may have messed up that day. It does happen. I have seen all of those girls cheer and I knew they would at least give them a run for there money!
Good Luck to you all! I wish you a fantastic year!
Yep

Santa Rosa, CA

#19 Aug 9, 2008
IHS wrote:
Anybody who has went to Iaeger High School knows how it is, the school motto should be Money TALKS, Bullsh*t WALKS!!!
LOL....True
Knows Her

Princeton, WV

#20 Aug 10, 2008
Anyone who has ever tried out for cheerleader at Iaeger knows they do not go by scores, and anybody else who has ever tried out knows this also it looks like it is going to be a big mess this year at least with the old sponsor she was pretty good to her girls, the new sponsor is a hateful spiteful b*tch who does not care whose feelings she hurts seen it to many times with my own eyes she has started early this year look what she did to Katie, karma has a way of coming back around and it is going to be a b*tch for her when it comes back to her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iaeger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 22 min _FLATLINE-------- 3,385
Arcelor is cleaning house. 41 min coal 1
3 word story (Jul '11) 42 min Mark mark 1,877
Word assocation (Sep '07) 55 min Theo 16,253
is there a god??????????????????????????????? 11 hr Eli Wallybobber 15
State Road Crew May 21 Unhappy Traveler 1
cell phone service May 20 would like to know 3
More from around the web

Iaeger People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE