let's talk about johnny cake and the ...
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
for real

Liberty, WV

#203 Feb 8, 2013
Sad alot of drugs are in our little areas around Iaeger now. Hope the new Sheriff cleans up our town>
nobody

Adairsville, GA

#204 Feb 9, 2013
Iremmber Halsey Roberts AND Birb Still,that Birb was a case.Daddy an ME rabbit hunted with them.My Daddy is Pig Roberts.We lived in Ieager,but Im loveing this keep it coming.
interesting

Bluefield, WV

#205 Feb 9, 2013
chad smith wrote:
I was raised on the old scarbury farm in the head of vance hollow... Jerry Smith is my dad
I sure miss those days there is no better place on earth ...thats my view anyway...
if you are the one im thinking of,i am a guy that would love to get up with you. i have heard a lot about you and would love to get together sometimes. you are a reel sweethart and my kind of man.please post and let me no where we can meat.i havve hurd so much about you and wood like to see if its all true.pleese get in touch asap.
remembers when

Bluefield, WV

#206 Feb 9, 2013
mike church wrote:
<quoted text>what ever happen to old jimmy sayers?
i remember when you are jimmy were the laws in town. bubba could out do you both.lol. in all honesty,jimmy was porabally the best one ever in iaeger. most were welfare flunkys,working for their welfare checks.like you.
BLACK BIRD

Pineville, WV

#207 Feb 13, 2013
bluejay wrote:
<quoted text>not a word of truth to what you said. good folks on johnnycake. everyone grew up having to work hard for what they got. Everybody knew everybody, and liked their neighbors.
How can you sit an say not a word of that is true.An everone on jonhhycake worked LOL your part of the hollow must have been nice. Don't sat an act like THAT DA?? PLACE WAS MAYBEURY an Andy an aunt BEA was inviting everyone for supper. Worse days of my childhood was at that place. Now was there good people there? YES there were. An were there A?? Holes your Da?? right So paint a pretty picture an maybe HOLLYWOOD WILL COME AN MAKE A MOVIE, LMAO I can see it now instead of BUCKWILD ON MTV IT WILL BE BUTTWIPE. ON JONHHYCAKE HOLLOW;
Wizard

Winter Haven, FL

#208 Feb 13, 2013
BLACK BIRD wrote:
<quoted text>How can you sit an say not a word of that is true.An everone on jonhhycake worked LOL your part of the hollow must have been nice. Don't sat an act like THAT DA?? PLACE WAS MAYBEURY an Andy an aunt BEA was inviting everyone for supper. Worse days of my childhood was at that place. Now was there good people there? YES there were. An were there A?? Holes your Da?? right So paint a pretty picture an maybe HOLLYWOOD WILL COME AN MAKE A MOVIE, LMAO I can see it now instead of BUCKWILD ON MTV IT WILL BE BUTTWIPE. ON JONHHYCAKE HOLLOW;
Where exactly is johnnycake hollow?
yes i do

Oceana, WV

#209 May 6, 2013
BRT wrote:
LD and Edith Riffe have been dead quite awhile. Roger died a few years ago. Do you remember any of the Roberts family that lived next to the Riffes?
halsey and marie roberts were great people.i lived on johnny cake for over 20 yrs.i knew all the carters,roberts,tiny&doug, the dotsons,steeles and a few more.nice place to live buti moved from there a few yrs.ago and i really love where im livin now.i have alot of great memories there.
32 posts removed
Tom

Charlottesville, VA

#242 Aug 12, 2013
Lots of queers and lezzies in JC.
10 posts removed
Katheryn Glackin

Ashburn, VA

#253 Sep 2, 2013
never thought i would find one that was totally free, they all usually ask you for a credit card, but this one didnt! i was able to chat and use every feature of the site for free, send and receive messages, check my flirts and even free video chat. you guy and girls should really check this one out! its definitely worth a look http://tinyurl.com/luv4et7
Roy

Columbus, OH

#254 Oct 27, 2013
Mingo Man wrote:
I lived in Johnny Cake in the 1950's about 1/4 mile toward Iaeger from the roller skating rink. I went to elementary and middle school there before moving away. My best friends were Jimmy Gillespie, Jim Goff, Roy Sanders and Neil whose last name I cannot recall.
A few years ago I went to an art store in San Francisco and was attracted to a picture that looked so familiar. It was a black and white photo of a young couple in a convertible watching a movie at the drive-in. In the background was an old steam locomotive going by. When I looked on the back of the photo, I saw it was taken in the 50's at the Iaeger Drive-In.
Is this the Sammy who left I think in the 4th grade? Neil's last name was Thomas.
Roy

Columbus, OH

#255 Oct 27, 2013
Mingo Man wrote:
<quoted text>
We lived across the road from L.D. and Edith and their two sons, Larry and Roger. We lived in a small home rented from Leonard Price who lived next door. The Collins family lived next to us and the Lamberts on the other side of the Price home. It was my entire world for a few years. I do remember trips to the skating rink in the afternoons becuase the older kids had it in the evenings. Dad would take me and my brother to Iaeger on some Saturdays and give us some money which we spent at a little five and dime store whose name I can't recall. On Sundays we would take us and drop us off at the little movie theatre for a couple of hours. We'd call home and he'd return to pick us up.
I went to the old Iaeger Elementary School and my first grade teacher was Mrs. Brown. Mrs. Pate also taught me but I don't remember the grade. I think there was also a Mrs. Collier and Wisner.
We left Johnny Cake in 1957 and my childhood ended that year.
Ben Franklin
Johnnycake girl

Columbus, OH

#256 Oct 27, 2013
Jim wrote:
The people of Johnny Cake have a rich history of yesteryears. Who use to live on Johnny Cake, how about George King who always had USED cars for sell. He even preached at the Iaeger theater. How about those Roberts Brothers and their wives. What were their wife maiden name?
There was Oliver Roberts and his son was Harold Roberts, where is Harold today.....
At the home place where Oliver Roberts lived was the home place of his parents, Joe Roberts and he married a Damron. This Damron had a brother that live at the top of Johnny Cake just as you enter Wyoming County. WHO ELSE lived there, what were the stores on the top. What were the stores at the foot of ohnny Cake?? Is the two churches still standing?
Cleaning out my bookmarks from old computer and found this

Good for a chuckle or at least a very large smile
FDamron

Mooresville, NC

#257 Jul 22, 2014
jim wrote:
my grand father was Clell Blankeship lived in the big white house on you left near county line. It is now a coal mines.when i was younger i worked on the new road they put on the mtn.ayone know my family.margie dotson,don peck,bob hagee?
whatever happened to Teresa Peck? I remember your family quite well. we lived on the hill across the road.. My dad was Frank Damron. Leon Damron was my uncle. I used to go play with Willard Dotson's son, Dexter, and Teresa Peck, and the whole gang of younguns fro the bottom there. We would play stick ball/indian ball. Clell and Mrs. Blankenship were two of the best and hard working people, I've ever known, growing up.
CLee

Warren, MI

#258 Jan 6, 2016
Did anyone know Leonard Mullins Jr. or Laura Ilene Damron? They are my grandparents and I just happened to stumble across this thread. They moved to Michigan back in the 50s, but always had nice things to say about Johnnycake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iaeger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) 22 min sharonrimmpa 7,027
Wicca Is Witchcraft (Mar '11) 1 hr Weepy 41,081
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) 1 hr Weepy 39,997
Keep Word / Drop Word Game! (Nov '12) 6 hr -Glinda- 1,785
Iaeger theater, Whitley grocery and Dr Clarks c... (Aug '07) 11 hr Lemwnash 22
what is the respected waiting time to start dat... (Dec '07) 18 hr slick 336
If your spouse died Jul 15 Leonard Skinner 2

Iaeger Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance