Greg Hootie Smith / Massey Energy

Posted in the Iaeger Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Insulted

United States

#1 Apr 6, 2010
So I drove through Iaeger and surrounding areas. I see a lot of Greg Hootie Smith signs. I hope you all know he is against Union. Doesn't like United Mine Workers of America UMWA. He really wants to push for the "right to work" law in WV. This law can drop miners wages to 8.00 an hour. Can you afford to lose that much money? I come from a long line of Coal Miners. UMWA Benefits are how my grandfather survived after he retired. Everyone of you who are for Hootie need to ask yourself has anyone in my family worked in a coal mines and has been protected by the union? This man doesnt care about your rights. He along with Massey who endorses him fully by the way, doesn't care about anyone except themselves.

This Raleigh County Coal Mine Disaster that just happened Massey owned the coal mines. Massey has many violations on Miner's saftey. If Massey would have made the site a safe one and provide their employees with a proper safe workplace this would not have happened. I bet Hootie could careless. As long as he got his money for his campaign.
You see Massey wants Hootie to win so they can make there existing employees take that pay cut as soon as the right to work law is passed. That law is at the top of Hootie's to do list just for Massey, they dont care as long as coal is being moved this is why they didnt respond to anyone after the disaster. Not one family has heard anything from Massey.

I know politician's mostly don't care about anyone until it is around election time. But we the voters have the right to vote for who we think is the best foot forward. So before you step in that voters booth ask yourself if this right to work law goes into play am I willing to accept that? If you are alright with cutting non union miners pay and you dont mind helping put many miners lives into jeopardy. Then vote for Hootie. I for one will NOT!
coonhunter

Charleston, WV

#2 Apr 6, 2010
the union might have helped a few, but i know many a man who payed union dues most their lives and didnt get a da*n thing out of it. The union only cares about the dues they can collect from their members and dont care one bit to lay the bolts to them anytime they get the chance. The union was good years and years ago but the union of today is a JOKE. Now all the union is for is a pack of ppl who are too sorry to work. Dont go run your mouth sayin about how union miners make more money because thats not so. The average non union miner makes more than the average union miner.
yeah boy

United States

#3 Apr 6, 2010
Coonhunter stick to coonhunting because you are a dumb ass.Insulted is absolutely right. Read on the internet about whats going on and stay out of the woods. You may shoot your dog instead of the coon you are so blind
UMWA Wife

United States

#4 Apr 6, 2010
Well actually coonhunter you are mistaken. My husband's job is safe and he works in a safe place plus he makes a lot of money that he knows will definately be there the following work day. Can your non-union worker say on record that his job is guaranteed, does he work in a safe place? Go to Raleigh County and look for yourself what non-union jobs do.

Thankful we only pay a small fee to live in comfort.

May God Bless all those families Massey Energy has hurt this week. Maybe Hootie can take a little time getting familiar with those families since I hope he will see them soon in court for wrongful death. Since he loves to protect his number one client Massey Energy.
What A Idiot

Oakvale, WV

#5 Apr 6, 2010
coonhunter wrote:
the union might have helped a few, but i know many a man who payed union dues most their lives and didnt get a da*n thing out of it. The union only cares about the dues they can collect from their members and dont care one bit to lay the bolts to them anytime they get the chance. The union was good years and years ago but the union of today is a JOKE. Now all the union is for is a pack of ppl who are too sorry to work. Dont go run your mouth sayin about how union miners make more money because thats not so. The average non union miner makes more than the average union miner.
hey you stupid azz,dumb f#$k,just go to any hospital,doctors offices,etc.,and ask them about the U.M.W.A. hospital cards,Guess what.They will tell you that they are the best that come there.And thats a fact,you dumb ass,you must be another ssi case,that has another good hospital card,the welfare card,I bet you were raised up on welfare,and knows nothing about the working man.
the lucky one

United States

#6 Apr 6, 2010
yeah boy wrote:
Coonhunter stick to coonhunting because you are a dumb ass.Insulted is absolutely right. Read on the internet about whats going on and stay out of the woods. You may shoot your dog instead of the coon you are so blind
amen
decided

United States

#7 Apr 6, 2010
I have now made up my mind to vote for Chafins. Non-Union has done enough damage in the hills of WV. We do not need the Right to Work Law here. Our families thought the Union was worth dying for, that's good enough for me.
The Best Choice

Oakvale, WV

#8 Apr 6, 2010
decided wrote:
I have now made up my mind to vote for Chafins. Non-Union has done enough damage in the hills of WV. We do not need the Right to Work Law here. Our families thought the Union was worth dying for, that's good enough for me.
You are right! And mabe the best decision.The best choice for the seat.and the better man,all way around.
unionwife

United States

#9 Apr 7, 2010
i am votimg for truman, i don't want anyone to represent me who has to have that non union coal co. and its leader buy a seat in charleston
Daisy

Clear Spring, MD

#10 Apr 7, 2010
coonhunter wrote:
Key word is "MOST"!
Let me guess "coonhunter" you got "HURT" in the mines ,came out on comp. and never went back...too easy!
True

Columbus, OH

#11 Apr 7, 2010
Insulted wrote:
So I drove through Iaeger and surrounding areas. I see a lot of Greg Hootie Smith signs. I hope you all know he is against Union. Doesn't like United Mine Workers of America UMWA. He really wants to push for the "right to work" law in WV. This law can drop miners wages to 8.00 an hour. Can you afford to lose that much money? I come from a long line of Coal Miners. UMWA Benefits are how my grandfather survived after he retired. Everyone of you who are for Hootie need to ask yourself has anyone in my family worked in a coal mines and has been protected by the union? This man doesnt care about your rights. He along with Massey who endorses him fully by the way, doesn't care about anyone except themselves.
This Raleigh County Coal Mine Disaster that just happened Massey owned the coal mines. Massey has many violations on Miner's saftey. If Massey would have made the site a safe one and provide their employees with a proper safe workplace this would not have happened. I bet Hootie could careless. As long as he got his money for his campaign.
You see Massey wants Hootie to win so they can make there existing employees take that pay cut as soon as the right to work law is passed. That law is at the top of Hootie's to do list just for Massey, they dont care as long as coal is being moved this is why they didnt respond to anyone after the disaster. Not one family has heard anything from Massey.
I know politician's mostly don't care about anyone until it is around election time. But we the voters have the right to vote for who we think is the best foot forward. So before you step in that voters booth ask yourself if this right to work law goes into play am I willing to accept that? If you are alright with cutting non union miners pay and you dont mind helping put many miners lives into jeopardy. Then vote for Hootie. I for one will NOT!
You are so true. It was said that Massey gave him money last time he ran. Anyway, we need to pray for them all. But we must look at this years election and see if we want our family members to come home. I want mine home. I would not want to be one of those people waiting to find or hear if they have found them.
If Hootie is for Massey, which he did go to the Massey outing instead of the Union outing and they are paying to guard property of Massey and they did pay for security at the Massey outing then it proves he supports them.
They did have videos of them on you tube.
coonhunter

Charleston, WV

#12 Apr 8, 2010
yea him and 99,999 other people were there, including myself, instead of being at the UMWA picnic. The UMWA is a joke, they support politicians like Obama, i want nothing to do with a crooked ignorant group like the UMWA. Id rather hang out with people who support politicians who support coal, like massey.
What A Joke

Oakvale, WV

#13 Apr 8, 2010
coonhunter wrote:
yea him and 99,999 other people were there, including myself, instead of being at the UMWA picnic. The UMWA is a joke, they support politicians like Obama, i want nothing to do with a crooked ignorant group like the UMWA. Id rather hang out with people who support politicians who support coal, like massey.
If thr truth be known,you have never worked,period.you sound like someone that was raised on welfare,still drawing it,and dont know what work really is.I bet you were given a 12 pack of natural light beer,to get on here and flop your jaws about something you know nothing about.The UMWA has been the best thing that ever happened in the coal industry.so sit back and wait on your welfare check that the UMWA members earn for you.
the lucky one

United States

#14 Apr 8, 2010
hmmmmm
unionwife

United States

#15 Apr 8, 2010
did anyone see the interview with d. blankenship after the mine disaster the one where i felt he was blaming the miners who are trapprf and the ones that died, he didn't come right out and say it was their own fault ,but it was the impression i got from his statement, this was not the time or the place for anyone to imply such a thing.
my thoughts

United States

#16 Apr 8, 2010
Lets put things in perspective here, IF Hottie gets elected and gets thr right to work law passed not only is the coal industry and the umwa in jepordy but every union around is including the teachers. If this gets passed every single working man and woman in WV can be forced to take a pay cut. This is not something we need. It is hard enough to make ends meat these days without some crooked politician getting in office trying to take what so many men and women have fought so hard for all their lives. I dont belong to the union, and i'm not a coal miner, i drive a truck, but i also know that if this gets passed no job is gonna be safe from paycuts, DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LOOSE WHAT YOU HAVE WORKED SO HARD TO GAIN? Politicians in this area have been laking in the past on getting this area the funding and support that we deserve, Mcdowell and the surrounding counties are the main source of coal production in this great nation, yet we are left to fend for ourselves by the rest of this nation, why let someone take what we have fought for, and stand back and fight amoungst ourselves why they do it, HOOTIE MEANS LESS PAY FOR YOUR WORK. Plain as that
Vote For Chaffins

Oakvale, WV

#17 Apr 8, 2010
my thoughts wrote:
Lets put things in perspective here, IF Hottie gets elected and gets thr right to work law passed not only is the coal industry and the umwa in jepordy but every union around is including the teachers. If this gets passed every single working man and woman in WV can be forced to take a pay cut. This is not something we need. It is hard enough to make ends meat these days without some crooked politician getting in office trying to take what so many men and women have fought so hard for all their lives. I dont belong to the union, and i'm not a coal miner, i drive a truck, but i also know that if this gets passed no job is gonna be safe from paycuts, DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LOOSE WHAT YOU HAVE WORKED SO HARD TO GAIN? Politicians in this area have been laking in the past on getting this area the funding and support that we deserve, Mcdowell and the surrounding counties are the main source of coal production in this great nation, yet we are left to fend for ourselves by the rest of this nation, why let someone take what we have fought for, and stand back and fight amoungst ourselves why they do it, HOOTIE MEANS LESS PAY FOR YOUR WORK. Plain as that
Youre exactly right! The working man wouldnt have a damn chance,I hope and pray to god that people realize this,a vote for him,would be a vote for harder times,plain and simple.If he would be elected,talking about glutting for punishnent.people knows whos behind him,please dont let it happen.
Concerned Voter

Brisbane, CA

#18 Apr 8, 2010
Hey Hottie Just wanted to comment the bloodmoney in which you recieved from Massey!!!!
CAN YOU HOOT NOW!!!!!

P.S: If you vote for Hootie you vote for D.Blankenship of Massey.
Mingo Native

United States

#19 Apr 8, 2010
Insulted wrote:
It is amazing to me that people hide behind posts on Topix and post absolute lies!!! I am related to Hootie Smith and I know first hand that he comes from a family of coal miners. His dad is a disabled UMWA miner and his hard work put Hootie through college and law school. You are an idiot and sound like Truman himself...he is running scared to make up bold face lies about Hootie. Check his financial report that all candidates are required to submit for public viewing...no Massey funds there period, HOWEVER, if you look on Truman's he has received money from Massey lawyers...lol...what, did Truman pay you to post this...you guys are completely being fooled by him...he voted in 1985-1990's when Sprouce Creek was on strike AGAINST the UMWA...check that out...Truman is a fraud and has been for the last 30 years! Look around your area and tell me how many jobs have been lost and how many people have moved...Hootie didn't do that..Truman did. If you vote for him you are getting what you deserve...NOTHING!!!!!
McDowell In the Know

United States

#20 Apr 8, 2010
unionwife wrote:
i am votimg for truman, i don't want anyone to represent me who has to have that non union coal co. and its leader buy a seat in charleston
You people are getting false information. Hootie Smith is from a coal mining family. All the way back for 100 years. His grandpa, and dad was in the mines. His dad is disabled even. Truman ain't for us. Take a look around and tell me what kind of life we live fighting for jobs and finding places to shop and take our kids. He lives in Charleston in a big mansion and his kids go to a fancy private school.
You need to get your facts straight before we all have to live with another 4 years of a senator that don't care no more about any of us.
You guys sound brain washed to me.
Hootie all the way

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iaeger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BOLD and TRYING (Mar '11) 9 min Laci Ann 7 20,242
cooterdog's hang out (Aug '12) 55 min Weepy 40,215
News Voters to decide fate of West Virginia's road bond 4 hr Morgan 2
Welch gas cop op 19 hr MR Truth N Conque... 5
The Welch Hangout (Jan '13) Fri purplelady1040 40,254
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Fri The monster 4,243
**Add a word drop a word** (Oct '13) Thu Princess Hey 7,091

Iaeger Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance