OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

WarForOil

Keller, TX

#20535 Jun 1, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Corporate America has taken the jobs overseas for lower overhead and they aren't coming back. We are in a death spiral concerning jobs in this country. Our people are dumb and dumber with the lack of education effort in this country. They aren't qualified for good jobs and they're overpaid for bad jobs. There is no solution. The USA will never be the most prosperous country in the world again for the average person.

Lowering taxes on the rich didn't help. They just took the money and moved overseas anyhow.
If the jobs sent overseas required intelligent Americans to do
the work they've remained here. I downsized several corporations
and sent 'simple' work overseas for 1/4 the wages. That's not
wrong. Intelligent jobs are abundant here, it's only the
uneducated ignorant sorts ( average Americans ) who whine.

I got rich and stayed here. Some of my money stays overseas
though. Lowering taxes on the rich did help, me.
Justaminute

Edmond, OK

#20536 Jun 1, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
The housing down fall was because of people any color/any race taking out the Varible Loans. Either the banks did not make it clear to how these loans work or the people just did not get or both. The people want better home and thought go with varible loans were the way to go. I guess the people did not realize if interest rates went up so would their house payment. Along with home/property insurance and taxes going up along with interest rates going up that loan payments go up also and the people begin to get behind and the next thing they owe more than what their home is worth.
Who's at fault? The Banks. The People. And I blame the government for allowing these kind of loans in the first place.
Gee Tamara, Europe is facing the same, did they have the same housing crisis because of those home loans to the poor blacks? No, the only thing that was common they had a housing bubble just like us an the banks played on that and built the bubble!

You know it's a lot like cancer. It can cause various problems in your body, but one symptom is not the cause, the cancer is the cause. The banks built this bubble to make money off of everyone that got caught in there profit making scheme.

Did the poor take loans, yes, but so did a lot of other people because the banks made a proposition's too good to turn down. That just fed more money into their gambling environment. The banks made another gamble on credit default swaps that be the loans were going to fail BECAUSE they new they were going to fail from the git go. Your blame is going on the symptom and not the cancer itself.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#20537 Jun 1, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
Dusty
While you go around saying that it's a badge of honor not to be committed to any political agenda; the ones that do get a slim chance of getting their priorities accomplished.
Do you think in the era of Citizen's United that your opinion matters? Not if you don't band together with other like minded individuals and put some money together to force it in the public sphere.
Does any politician on their own accomplish anything? They can make a lot of noise but it takes a majority to get anything from a bill to the President signature.
So if your waiting on a party to perfectly reflect an individual's thinking, your going to wait a long long time.
We say we want the government to get things done, well that takes compromise. So if your going to sit in your home typing on a computer taking potshots at both of the parties is fun for you. Have at it. I chose to pick a side in the fight. Do we get our way? Not a lot.
No matter what we say about the Tea Party, they did get some of their candidates on the ballot and still do. But behind their effort a lot of big Republicans were still pulling the strings.
But unless you have a billion dollars to through into the fight, chances are you on your own will never be heard.
So I choose to pick a side that reflects most of my political thoughts. The power of one won't take you anywhere.
You don't compromise on anything. Extremists never do so everything else you wrote is exactly what you're all about. BABBLE. "Your party" is doing this country no more good than the right wing is. All your little "social issues" are not curing this economy. Obama promised he would close Guantanamo and he didn't. Promised he'd shut down lobbyists and he's taking more money from lobbyists than ever before. Obama promised the rich tax cuts would end and they didn't. Obama extended the Patriot act which is the single greatest loss of American freedom in the History of this country. Obama promised an end to CEO's getting bailout money getting huge bonuses. Didn't happen. Obama gave billions in "job stimulus" which resulted in not one single job being created with the money just going in the hands of political benefactors just like with the right wing.

THE ENTIRE SYSTEM IS CORRUPT. IT'S TIME EVERY VOTING AMERICAN VOTED FOR A THIRD PARTY. ANY PARTY. DO NOT VOTE REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT. THE BALLOT REVOLUTION MUST BEGIN NOW IN ORDER TO STOP THEM FROM TURNING THIS COUNTRY INTO A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY.

Location hidden

#20538 Jun 1, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>

Schools in Oklahoma can work and plenty of students want to go to them. But it a lot easier to close our eyes to that fact because gee, put money in school to get a top flight teachers and education may make me pay $10 more in taxes. Oh noes!
Give it a freaking rest would you? Your extremist liberal views are not the solution to education. For God's sake women do you people know anything but whining about more taxes? Oklahoma could double the education budget by simply eliminating the corrupt that goes on with highway and street crews. I have never seen another state that can take more than a year to pave a single mile of road. The frigging Golden Gate Bride was built in less time than Oklahoma takes to replace a foot bridge.

This is the only solution liberal have to spending. More Taxes. Instead you should be leading the fight against government corruption and cost savings to fund education properly. But OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that would require some actual organization and work on your part. Instead you just blame the white man and cry about more taxes. Your way is the wrong way. Your way doesn't resonate with people. People know the govt just blows trillions every year. People know new taxes is just flushing money down a toilet. You need to get on board with the idea of responsible govt spending the money they do have where it's most effective. THAT is the issue of money for education. Not more taxes.
Justaminute

Edmond, OK

#20539 Jun 1, 2012
The population of Oklahoma is mainly white, the next biggest population is American Indians, the next is Blacks,the next is Hispanic, with the rest make up a tiny percentage of the Population.

Oklahoma is a poor state, ranking at the bottom of all the quality of life issues. But who do they blame for that? The minority population. How does that work out that way.? Because they don't vote their best interests, they vote their prejudices. It works every time.

Yeah like Sharia law was going to overtake our government and was right on the horizon with that .0001% of Oklahoma population. But it got you really worked up didn't it?

Right to work was supposed to solve our jobs problem and raise you wages because those evil unions were destroying Oklahoma's economy.

Surprise surprise those unions are the main supporters of Democrats, is it to hard to believe that Republicans would want to get rid of them. It was a two fer get rid of Unions in Oklahoma and get rid of the Democratic party in Oklahoma. And it worked.

That's why all the newly elected Republican governors first thing they went after is unions. They've pretty much destroyed unions in the private world and know they are going after the public employees unions. And the great health care and rights they enjoy. The public can't stand that. They want to drag them down too. So no unions in the US. Solve all your problems. And get rid of Democrats to boot.

Then why isn't Oklahoma a rich state? It's pretty much a red Republican state with no private unions. And your convinced that it all the fault of those federal employee unions. Chumps.

You've pretty much given women the shaft in Oklahoma. Especially after that Integris Hospital in Yukon this week denied a woman that was raped the drug Plan B because it was against the hospital's doctor religious belief. And treated her like a slut to boot. She had to go to Integris Baptist hospital in OKC to get a rape test and the drug. Thanks to OK legislature cutting the funding for rape kits and nurses to administer the tests. And now we have Christian doctors and nurses even refusing to do any of the testing or give the drugs. Talk about sharia over coming Oklahoma, and it's not Islamic!

What population will carry their ire next time? Probably gays. Because your marriage just wasn't the same after some states let them marry.
Justaminute

Edmond, OK

#20540 Jun 1, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it a freaking rest would you? Your extremist liberal views are not the solution to education. For God's sake women do you people know anything but whining about more taxes? Oklahoma could double the education budget by simply eliminating the corrupt that goes on with highway and street crews. I have never seen another state that can take more than a year to pave a single mile of road. The frigging Golden Gate Bride was built in less time than Oklahoma takes to replace a foot bridge.
This is the only solution liberal have to spending. More Taxes. Instead you should be leading the fight against government corruption and cost savings to fund education properly. But OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that would require some actual organization and work on your part. Instead you just blame the white man and cry about more taxes. Your way is the wrong way. Your way doesn't resonate with people. People know the govt just blows trillions every year. People know new taxes is just flushing money down a toilet. You need to get on board with the idea of responsible govt spending the money they do have where it's most effective. THAT is the issue of money for education. Not more taxes.
Yeah like Oklahoma's taxes are so high. They voted in a sales tax so they could have a basketball team. They did one for schools, then turned around and blamed teachers and their unions and your the biggest defender of that gripe. It's not the Unions, it the people's thinking. We have two highly ranked schools with waiting list a mile long that each one of those students could qualify for a place in those schools if the money was there, but skip that, lets talk about roads. Love your circular reasoning's.
Justaminute

Edmond, OK

#20541 Jun 1, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no organization Dusty, remember, what do you call your organization, Complainers United?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#20542 Jun 1, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Tamara, Europe is facing the same, did they have the same housing crisis because of those home loans to the poor blacks? No, the only thing that was common they had a housing bubble just like us an the banks played on that and built the bubble!
You know it's a lot like cancer. It can cause various problems in your body, but one symptom is not the cause, the cancer is the cause. The banks built this bubble to make money off of everyone that got caught in there profit making scheme.
Did the poor take loans, yes, but so did a lot of other people because the banks made a proposition's too good to turn down. That just fed more money into their gambling environment. The banks made another gamble on credit default swaps that be the loans were going to fail BECAUSE they new they were going to fail from the git go. Your blame is going on the symptom and not the cancer itself.
Come on here! First of all it is you blabbering about bad loans and blacks. It is funny when someone was interviewed on the news they were not black and alot of them were in very nice homes. It was mostly people in the middle class taking out these homes. First of all these varible loans were around when we bought our first home in 1962. But as stupid as you think I am my husband and I had no problem figuring out the down side to these loans. No one was holding a gun to anyone to make them take out these loans. The blame lies with the banking system and the people that put their John Henry on the dotted line.

So get off the "BLACK" thing! Or is this what you think? It was because of the Blacks?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#20543 Jun 1, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
The housing down fall was because of people any color/any race taking out the Varible Loans. Either the banks did not make it clear to how these loans work or the people just did not get or both. The people want better home and thought go with varible loans were the way to go. I guess the people did not realize if interest rates went up so would their house payment. Along with home/property insurance and taxes going up along with interest rates going up that loan payments go up also and the people begin to get behind and the next thing they owe more than what their home is worth.
Who's at fault? The Banks. The People. And I blame the government for allowing these kind of loans in the first place.
==========

I remember in the seventies/eighties when some of these balloons came due. There were some very surprized people. I bought as many of the properties as I could. Mexicans probably got hit the hardest in Los Angeles. They did not understand the terms and were anxious to buy a home for their families. Some put a quite a bit of money into fixing up their property only to lose it five-years later.

Ronald Reagan deregulated the lenders allowing them to make all kinds of creative loans that caused the collaspe of the housing market.

Sad, but if I didn't buy the property someone else would.

Location hidden

#20544 Jun 1, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah like Oklahoma's taxes are so high. They voted in a sales tax so they could have a basketball team. They did one for schools, then turned around and blamed teachers and their unions and your the biggest defender of that gripe. It's not the Unions, it the people's thinking. We have two highly ranked schools with waiting list a mile long that each one of those students could qualify for a place in those schools if the money was there, but skip that, lets talk about roads. Love your circular reasoning's.
You just don't mind lying at all do you? I'm one of the biggest supporters of education spending that their is. But I don't see the need for new taxes for it. And never once have I made a derogatory statement about the teachers union, although if I was negotiating with them next contract the right to fire bad teachers would most certainly come up.

Location hidden

#20545 Jun 1, 2012
Minute you're just a flat out troublemaker. Not once have you responded to the truths I speak. You just swhoosed on by government spending corruption and starting attacking me over things I never said. You truly are an extremist IDIOT.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#20546 Jun 1, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
I remember in the seventies/eighties when some of these balloons came due. There were some very surprized people. I bought as many of the properties as I could. Mexicans probably got hit the hardest in Los Angeles. They did not understand the terms and were anxious to buy a home for their families. Some put a quite a bit of money into fixing up their property only to lose it five-years later.
Ronald Reagan deregulated the lenders allowing them to make all kinds of creative loans that caused the collaspe of the housing market.
Sad, but if I didn't buy the property someone else would.
It is sad that anyone had to loose their homes. But the saddest of all was the people that got the after math by loosing their jobs and ended up loosing their homes along with. I knew the housing market had alot of effect on the economy because it out to so many places in getting a house built. I realized more than ever we or I should say my husband and tree sons did most of the work on the house we built here in Edmond. We had what was required by law contracted out. So I understand how far reaching it was to businesses when the housing market went in the toilet.
As far as I can see you did nothing wrong in buying the homes.
I saw tonite were unemployment is going back. This as high as it was in the 1940s. Stock market has kept going down for over a week. Not good news!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#20547 Jun 1, 2012
Neither Romney nor Obama can "fix" the economy.

One can push for regulation and the other de-regulation but the game is controlled above their pay grades, and it matter not to them who is President. All either candidate can do is appoint people to positions like justices on the critical Courts where our real future is decided, and where we can lose our Constitutional rights through conservative judges.

Corporations as people for political purposes is just the tip of what's coming if Court remains conservative.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#20548 Jun 1, 2012
Last paragraph should have said 'I saw tonite on the news where unemployment is foing back up. This is the highest it has been since the 1940s. Stockmarket has kept going down for over a week. Not good news!'

Since: May 12

Tulsa, OK

#20549 Jun 1, 2012
Tamera, if you would like the truth to the collapse of the housing market, look up....subprime mortage crisis.

Once you understand that...ask yourself "why did banks make those loans?".

Once you get deep down into it you'll find the politicians and the rich wrapped together in the same slimy ball.

The whole thing was built on the faulty premise that...the government is here to help...and we're going to do that by making sure everyone can own a home... or two....or three..

You'll find politicians from every party with handprints all over this baby.

Watch how that money moves.

Forget the ideology...it's about the money.

Since: May 12

Tulsa, OK

#20550 Jun 1, 2012
Stock market has been in a steady slow decline the last 3 weeks eaking out 2 or 3 days with gains. This was because of the european debt situation, Iran, slowdown in China, and the general gloom and doom of the economy.

Todays drop was more because of the jobs report...which typically have been corrected "downard" from previous months. In other words...the numbers they give us are usually worse than they are.

TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#20551 Jun 1, 2012
About most things on all levels is about the money. Even in the average Joe it is the money thing. Nothing escapes this thing called money. I believe money is calling the shots in Washington D.C. more than ever now.
Justaminute

Edmond, OK

#20553 Jun 2, 2012
The customers at our restaurant is red neck central. You would think that they would be all jazzed about the open carry law the Governor signed and starts next week, but their not.

They talked a good game about it but the reality of the situation is started to sink it.

I think the shooting in Thunder Alley after the Thunder basketball game has got a lot of people thinking. Now their starting to think OMG if a bunch of people are armed all jammed into one location and people are armed and shots are fired what would happen? And add alcohol to the mix pandemonium and it's the OK corral. They could get shot by just being an innocent bystander!

My husband has been inundated with requests by our night time customers to place large signs up the say NO GUNS ALLOWED ON PREMISES.

Husband tells me that people are starting to really worry about it. Night shift is busy after the bars start closing and their starting to consider these customers who can be pretty rowdy with the possibility of them having a gun too! OMG!

But boy they just loved the idea of it but now the reality of the situation is sinking in, not so much.

What is funny, who do they blame? Not themselves for cheering it on, they blame the Governor for signing the damn bill! Ya gotta love them.
Justaminute

Edmond, OK

#20554 Jun 2, 2012
Well, I am sorry if I was mistaken of you opinion on Education, mia culpa.

Get the corruption out of politics? So you think that we liberals never talk about it or think about it and never discuss it to death?

But how do you propose we achieve that?

We want public financing of elections so politicians do not have to be beholden to the big moneyed interest that got them there.

But look at the tea party loony Congressmen that came into office in 2010. Even they have been absorbed by the big money guys. Within weeks. Something that they swore would never happen. They all do. Because they need the dough for their next election.

You know what the estimate of spending on the election is for 2012 thanks to Citizen's United? I've read estimates that it is at a minimum of 2 billion dollars!

You know we are all for new laws to put an end to Citizen's United and for public financing of elections, but unfortunately the other party called Republicans won't play ball, so nothing get's done.

We thought about hiring gigantic jumbo jets and telling them they have one a trip to an island for summer vacation and dropping them off in a fenced deserted island but they won't let us do that.

But we are always open for suggestions.
Justaminute

Edmond, OK

#20555 Jun 2, 2012
If the record filibusters aren't enough a Republican congressman has come out admitted something that we all ready knew. If Obama and the Democrats are for something, Republicans will always do the opposite. I mean when their whole policy agenda is to make Obama a one term president, even if they have to let the American people suffer, it is just collateral damage (there goes that war illusion again.)

But never fear, they know that when they regain the levers of government again, they will have to do something about jobs, health care, and the list to make America start running again. So long as we put them back in power. I wonder if he realizes that he is blackmailing us. The Republicans will only work if we give them back the Presidency they feel that belongs to them and them alone.

What was really telling is when he was asked, "What if the Democrats did to Romney, what Republicans have done to Obama?"

He replied, "Democrats won't do that, they care to much about Government!"

Well that's true, we won't hold the American people hostage in order to reclaim the Presidency.

I wonder how they sleep at night?

Here's an excerpt from that article:

“Obama rejectionism is to the second – we don’t like him, plus we don’t like government generally. So it really amps up the rejectionist sentiment that says basically,‘Anything he’s for, I’m against.’ Whereas if Romney is elected, people on the left are more likely to say,‘We’re not generally opposed to government.’ So therefore they’re able to oppose Romney’s policies, maybe, but not have quite the degree of rejectionism.”

So just know that if you elect a Republican, they don't really care about what the US is going through right now. They wanted it to be like that so they can reclaim the Presidency and the Senate.

http://www.salon.com/2012/06/01/the_price_of_...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hydro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
boomtown Sep 20 Chick supreme 4
High Cost of Gambling Sep 17 Get smart 1
Who knows Gilberto Paz (Nov '12) Sep 16 FuckYouPunk 9
Kelly Glenn Banks Sep 16 FuckYouPunk 1
Sugarcreek (Mar '16) Sep 13 A fool and his money 2
Bro Sep 10 glorychoseme 1
News Fire calls: Feb. 11 - 17 (Feb '13) Jul '15 why not fixed Sunday 5

Hydro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance