leslie county boys basketball

Posted in the Hyden Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
concern alumni

Hyden, KY

#1 Jan 13, 2008
what is wrong with leslie boys basketball when all you see is a losing record? Coaching? talented boys sitting the bench? seniors sitting the bench?
angry mom

Hyden, KY

#4 Jan 17, 2008
i will tell whats wrong. play your seniors, juniors, they have earned it. seniority is every thing, eighth graders have the next 4 years when you have busted your ass since grade school then some kid whose name we will not mention plays because of who he is that is bull.. lesile county we need to do something need a change .
cynic421

Hyden, KY

#5 Jan 17, 2008
It should be fun. Play the boys that are juniors and seniors. If it causes this much headache dont have a program at all.
WELL

United States

#6 Jan 17, 2008
what if your juniors and seniors couldn't play in the creek? Not saying these gentlemen can't play but if you or whoever is not griping about this you would be griping about loosing. There is no winning with people, i have learnt that the hard way.
boo

Lewisport, KY

#7 Jan 17, 2008
The problem is, they are just not a good basketball team. It's pretty simple. Does not matter what 5 they put on the floor, they are not going to be a good basketball team. Now 2 or 3 years from now, they might be good like they were in 05-06 but now right now. Simple.
supportive

Williston, SC

#8 Jan 17, 2008
To the boys basketball players. Alot of you have talent and should be recognized for it. People would see if they attended the games and supported these kids. They are building this year and will be awsume the next few years to come!!!!!!!!!! TO OUR YOUNG TEAM HANG IN THERE, IT WILL ONLY GET BETTER. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!
lcgirl

Williston, SC

#11 Jan 17, 2008
yea i've yet to see an 8th grader whos GREAT...i dont believe they should take junior and senior places unless they can help you get a win...the 4th quarter when you're down 20 points is when an 8th grader should get playing time to get some expierence...
cynic421

Hyden, KY

#12 Jan 17, 2008
I am amazed by how much people care about this. n There are enough of you go infront of the board of education and make a formal complaint.
People

Williston, SC

#14 Jan 17, 2008
It seems so stupid why people do this if you dont like it then dont worry about LC is getting better everyday.
girl29

Williston, SC

#17 Jan 17, 2008
what about that cody hensley i've heard good reports about him, just wandering, i hear them talking about him on the radio all the time, just about 2 weeks ago i heard them say that he was carrying the team. i've not seen him play but 1 or 2 times. i think the best should play no matter what grade their in or who there parents are. if their good enough to play and can help win play them.
SPOOF

Williston, SC

#18 Jan 18, 2008
girl29 wrote:
what about that cody hensley i've heard good reports about him, just wandering, i hear them talking about him on the radio all the time, just about 2 weeks ago i heard them say that he was carrying the team. i've not seen him play but 1 or 2 times. i think the best should play no matter what grade their in or who there parents are. if their good enough to play and can help win play them.
He is really no better then the rest, they are all young and need experience and bless his heart lets hope it doesn't matter who the parents are!
girl29

Lewisport, KY

#19 Jan 18, 2008
SPOOF wrote:
<quoted text>
He is really no better then the rest, they are all young and need experience and bless his heart lets hope it doesn't matter who the parents are!
Noone said he was any better. I don't know him personally I'm just going what people say and the radio, for the radio to be talking about him as much as it does he must be pretty good.
As for his parents, I don't know them personally either but I know of them. From what you hear everyone seems to like his mom and for his dad I don't know anything about him.

You wouldn't happen to be a parent of a kid who plays on Cody's team, would you?
girl29

Lewisport, KY

#20 Jan 18, 2008
I also here some good talk about a few other boys such as, Jimmy Jo Morgan, Ben Hacker, and Ryan Couch. They just have a young team. From what I hear they will have a really good team within the next couple years. GOOD LUCK BOYS!!!
EAGLES

Williston, SC

#21 Jan 19, 2008
EAGLES ARE GETTING BETTER!!!!!!!! GO EAGLES!!!!!
Gretel

Lewisport, KY

#22 Jan 19, 2008
girl29 wrote:
I have observed Cody Hensley's play, and yes he is a good player, quick and a real hustler. The only reason someone fills in for him is when he gets in foul trouble. I don't feel that anyone will or can take his place. None of the eighth graders have ever started over him. He has nice parents who understand the game and never have I heard them complain. I believe his parents are willing to encourage all the players, not tear them down. Have any of the eighth graders ever started in a varsity game?
BackwoodsBoy69

Williston, SC

#24 Jan 20, 2008
Gretel wrote:
<quoted text>
I have observed Cody Hensley's play, and yes he is a good player, quick and a real hustler. The only reason someone fills in for him is when he gets in foul trouble. I don't feel that anyone will or can take his place. None of the eighth graders have ever started over him. He has nice parents who understand the game and never have I heard them complain. I believe his parents are willing to encourage all the players, not tear them down. Have any of the eighth graders ever started in a varsity game?
What's his assist to turnover ratio? Not to good. He's not a good player just like the rest of the players on this team. There are no standouts. Cody Hensley is a decent player. Not a scorer and he's a mediokar ball handler and passer. I don't know who is saying he is real good unless its him or his mom and dad because he turns the ball over constantly. He only plays as much as he does because who else do they have to play.
radio king

Lewisport, KY

#25 Jan 20, 2008
BackwoodsBoy69 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's his assist to turnover ratio? Not to good. He's not a good player just like the rest of the players on this team. There are no standouts. Cody Hensley is a decent player. Not a scorer and he's a mediokar ball handler and passer. I don't know who is saying he is real good unless its him or his mom and dad because he turns the ball over constantly. He only plays as much as he does because who else do they have to play.
don't be jealous, it's not his fault they wouldn't let you play.
and to answer your question, who is talking about him being good dude, it's the radio, duh.
THIS IS HOW IT IS

Hyden, KY

#26 Jan 20, 2008
tim, stop kissing your bosses ass and start playing who it takes to win , whether it is a 8th grader or a senior.
Gretel

Lewisport, KY

#27 Jan 21, 2008
Markitdown wrote:
LC will not win over 6 games, besides cupcakes...They will not get one STATEMENT win.
So what if they don't!!!
shutupppl

Williston, SC

#30 Jan 22, 2008
shut ur mouth, u dont kno wat ur talkin bout
HBIO wrote:
That big Hobert boy is SO blown up, for nothing, he isn't GREAT, or AWESOME.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff 2018, Who's Running? Does anyone know a... (Jul '17) 1 hr Justsayin 206
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Groot 176,667
Watch them Howard Boys up Stinnett John Howard ... 4 hr PhD hoe bag 11
How to make big fluffy biscuits 4 hr Kelbie 9
Larry Coots of beech btm. rd. (Mar '10) 13 hr OMG 43
Polls CREEk druggies 13 hr DTRA 3
allen glover-larry coots first thing that pops ... (Nov '17) 14 hr Pussycat 15

Hyden Jobs

Personal Finance

Hyden Mortgages