Lots of seismic activity
yesss

Williston, SC

#262 Jan 29, 2012
U.S. to begin large scale emergency preparedness drills in the New Madrid fault region.
what

Lancaster, WI

#263 Jan 29, 2012
are they trying to find out.that runs in part of K.Y.in western ky. Louisville .hope that thing don't start up again like the 1800 there wouldn't be a house standing.these mobil homes the ones that has the wheels on them just might absorb the shaking with the rubber tires and all.my house would be history ...
what

Lancaster, WI

#264 Jan 29, 2012
yesss wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. How long is this solar storm supposed to last?
i can gather it going to be at its strongest by the 21 dec. of this year 2012 then run till 21 dec 2013..before it levels off goes back to normal that over a year.there are some sci.think its a 18 month thing but that's a guess they have no way telling there no data 11000 yrs back.there are lot things that could play a role in if the earth takes a beating while this is going on .one thing could be in our corner is if there is lots snow in the winter months it could reflect the radiation and not let it absorb and warm up the planet even more.i have read in the bible where it said man would be scorched and burned from the sun in the last days .and curse god for it.this could be the thing that fulfills that saying ..lets hop not.just one of these big flairs could stop the world and shut it down.and nothing man kind can do to stop it nothing at all..
yesss

Williston, SC

#265 Jan 29, 2012
what wrote:
are they trying to find out.that runs in part of K.Y.in western ky. Louisville .hope that thing don't start up again like the 1800 there wouldn't be a house standing.these mobil homes the ones that has the wheels on them just might absorb the shaking with the rubber tires and all.my house would be history ...
I think FEMA is doing it. You are right. I have heard that mobile homes are safer in an earthquake.
yes

Lancaster, WI

#266 Jan 29, 2012
yesss wrote:
<quoted text>
I think FEMA is doing it. You are right. I have heard that mobile homes are safer in an earthquake.
the way they are set up takes the hard jerk of a earth quake .i remember there was a 4 that was in harlan county.lived then in the south end of the county .it seamed like a car had hit my house.them guys in mobile homes never felt it.i think it was a bunch of old robed out mines fell in at once.that what i think.what ever it was scared the heck out me..
yesss

Williston, SC

#267 Jan 29, 2012
yes wrote:
<quoted text>the way they are set up takes the hard jerk of a earth quake .i remember there was a 4 that was in harlan county.lived then in the south end of the county .it seamed like a car had hit my house.them guys in mobile homes never felt it.i think it was a bunch of old robed out mines fell in at once.that what i think.what ever it was scared the heck out me..
That would scare me. But I have felt jolts before that no one else (neighbors) felt. Of course it could have been blasting too.
yes

Lancaster, WI

#268 Jan 29, 2012
yesss wrote:
<quoted text>
That would scare me. But I have felt jolts before that no one else (neighbors) felt. Of course it could have been blasting too.
can you remember back about a year or so ago when that little one came and cracked the court house in one of the counties i think it was whites burg.i was in my car coming down 421.it was like my car slid to one side then back.i was thinking is something wrong with my car that was strange.found out later about the little earth quake that had to have been it that i felt.it was like the earth moved under me.which it was. the tires made it fell like i was sliding ..
yesss

Williston, SC

#269 Jan 29, 2012
yes wrote:
<quoted text>can you remember back about a year or so ago when that little one came and cracked the court house in one of the counties i think it was whites burg.i was in my car coming down 421.it was like my car slid to one side then back.i was thinking is something wrong with my car that was strange.found out later about the little earth quake that had to have been it that i felt.it was like the earth moved under me.which it was. the tires made it fell like i was sliding ..
Wow. Yep I remember that earthquake. They showed pictures of some courthouse on tv.
think

Lancaster, WI

#270 Jan 29, 2012
yesss wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Yep I remember that earthquake. They showed pictures of some courthouse on tv.
that was something like a 5 .i bet that fault is beginning to wary some or they wouldn't be drilling...
yesss

Williston, SC

#271 Jan 29, 2012
Remember the biggest earthquake recorded was at the New Madrid fault..at least I think that is correct.
yesss

Williston, SC

#272 Jan 30, 2012
yess

Elkhorn, WI

#273 Feb 8, 2012
Wow. Here's a fun one. SOunds like Stephen King's "The Stand" only in real life.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/no-...
yess

Elkhorn, WI

#274 Feb 8, 2012
One more reason to use hand sanitizer.
yes

Lancaster, WI

#275 Feb 8, 2012
always.you no all them birds that they said fell and died .i think i no what happen to them birds.not a flue i think they was poisoned.
yess

Elkhorn, WI

#276 Feb 8, 2012
yes wrote:
always.you no all them birds that they said fell and died .i think i no what happen to them birds.not a flue i think they was poisoned.
It could have been. Very possible.
yess

Williston, SC

#277 Feb 11, 2012
4.2 Switzerland.
yes

Lancaster, WI

#278 Feb 11, 2012
4.2 any damages..
yess

Williston, SC

#279 Feb 12, 2012
I don't know. I doubt it with a 4.2, but Switzerland is not used to having earthquakes..
thats

Lancaster, WI

#280 Feb 12, 2012
unusual their.shows things are changing ..
yess

Williston, SC

#281 Feb 12, 2012
thats wrote:
unusual their.shows things are changing ..
Yep. Earthquakes are everywhere all of a sudden..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 17 min Patriot 171,817
save a lot (Dec '10) 2 hr SayWhatIWant 20
Chickens in cages 16 hr WHAT 10
concerned friend Tue noneya 4
getting pregnant and your man is fixed Tue Marlboro Man 7
Amy vires and casey Bowling Mon More power to her 4
Article: KY Constables: Untrained And Unaccount... Jan 14 Lacy panties 2

Hyden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hyden Mortgages