Starving Horse Wendover/Camp Creek

Posted in the Hyden Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

Hyden, KY

#1 Sep 15, 2012
Since there is no real agency in our county that investigates this sort of thing has anyone know what is up with that horse just up from the Fish and Game Club on the river side? It is skin and bones! I can't believe it is still alive. Not sure what is going on with the horse, but it looks like it needs some kind of help.
i do

Hyden, KY

#2 Sep 15, 2012
its the adams that live there i agree they look bad no one should harm a pinned up animal you have to feed them or it could be really old iv seen that
Just Saying

Hyden, KY

#3 Sep 15, 2012
I live across the road from those horses and I can honestly say that all three horses are fed very well twice a day. The horse you're speaking of is very old and therefore can't gain weight. The owners go as far as tying the other two horses up at feeding time to ensure that the older horse is eating all of it's food.
Concerned

Hyden, KY

#4 Sep 15, 2012
Well if they are feeding it and it looks like that then it must have something really wrong with it. They need to have a veterinarian take a look at it or put the poor thing down. My 10 year old daughter keeps asking me to do something for it or call someone about it.
Concerned

Hyden, KY

#5 Sep 15, 2012
Just for the record the other two horses do look okay, it is just the one horse that looks bad and it is hard to pass by there and not feel for the poor thing.
Pixie hollow

Hyden, KY

#6 Sep 15, 2012
Humm. So really old horses can't gain weight??
some

Hyden, KY

#7 Sep 15, 2012
young horses, and cows, cant gain weight.they are called row boned.but most time a raw bone horse live long life i have heard some them live 31 yrs before.
Concerned

Hyden, KY

#8 Sep 16, 2012
Don't know much about horses, but raw or row boned sounds like a name to accept a condition that has not been medically diagnosed.

Here is a good article about feeding an older horse and possible diseases if anyone knows them people. A vet answered a readers question of "Weight Gain for Older Horses"
Sounds like something they may want to try....while they are waiting for a vet appointment.

http://www.thehorse.com/ViewArticle.aspx...
IMO

United States

#9 Sep 16, 2012
The Adams bunch is too tight to feed their self, much less animals, and you can forget they'll ever shell out for a vet.
i saw

Hyden, KY

#10 Sep 16, 2012
horses can maintain a certain weight if they are 27,28,or 30 they can live if fed same time every day lots of water when they get old they loose muscle mass that is what makes an old horse look bad the other two look fine and healthy they look good
i saw too

Hyden, KY

#11 Sep 17, 2012
that horse aint just lost muscle mass, it is dying. shameful. they live somewhere else owners be in jail or pay fine for neglect
i was

Hyden, KY

#12 Sep 17, 2012
by their them horses looked in good shape to me.old horses get sick like people they die .they can get cancer and things like people get.and having take a horse to a medical center to get treatments seems little far fetched to me .any body that loves horses is going do the best way they no how to help their animals. and i am sure them guys is doing all they can for the horse.if they didn't like the horse they would have taken it to the soap factory by now got good money for it.then you could have been scrubbing your self with the soap made from it.
do they

Hyden, KY

#13 Sep 17, 2012
i was wrote:
by their them horses looked in good shape to me.old horses get sick like people they die .they can get cancer and things like people get.and having take a horse to a medical center to get treatments seems little far fetched to me .any body that loves horses is going do the best way they no how to help their animals. and i am sure them guys is doing all they can for the horse.if they didn't like the horse they would have taken it to the soap factory by now got good money for it.then you could have been scrubbing your self with the soap made from it.
really make soap out of horses?
whatever

United States

#14 Sep 17, 2012
I Have horses young and old and that's a Bunch of crap that the horse is just old. I have seen it myself and wondered what's wrong with it. I have a married that is 24 years old and is as fat as any 4 yr old would be. That horse either has something wrong with it or not being fed enough. It needs to be tube wormed and turned out on grass instead of that bare dirt
whatever

United States

#15 Sep 17, 2012
Correction **** a mare that is 24 yrs old and she is still being rode and is in very good health along with a 19 yr old gelding. The horse needs help.....bottom line. I guarantee if its not dying already I could take it and fatten it up again. Its costs a lot of money and time but they are gods creatures and they are worth it
ever

Hyden, KY

#16 Sep 17, 2012
do they wrote:
<quoted text>
really make soap out of horses?
time you open a cake soap up their was an old horse died to help you stay clean..
haha

Hyden, KY

#17 Sep 17, 2012
ever wrote:
<quoted text>time you open a cake soap up their was an old horse died to help you stay clean..
Ewwww..poor old horse..
soap

Hyden, KY

#18 Sep 17, 2012
Better to be soap than suffer horribly until death because it is not getting the help it so obviously needs.
well

Hyden, KY

#19 Sep 17, 2012
dog food made from horse meat also among other things.....they need to open up more slaughter houses. other countries eat horse meat.
hey

Hyden, KY

#20 Sep 19, 2012
Concerned wrote:
Don't know much about horses, but raw or row boned sounds like a name to accept a condition that has not been medically diagnosed.
Here is a good article about feeding an older horse and possible diseases if anyone knows them people. A vet answered a readers question of "Weight Gain for Older Horses"
Sounds like something they may want to try....while they are waiting for a vet appointment.
http://www.thehorse.com/ViewArticle.aspx...
It sounds to me like you're just being nosy and meddlesome. I used to live across from them and those horses are fed, rest assured. Just because one horse isn't its healthiest doesn't mean it's not being taken care of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Cczar 167,574
Property Tax Collection 4 hr investor 11
Quietest shooting N hyden history 4 hr because 8
Was old man dillion asher jewish (Sep '11) 4 hr Robert Asher 131
Rats 7 hr Kim 5
body found inside a trunk of car 17 hr Say What 15
save a lot (Dec '10) 21 hr Monroe 15

Hyden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hyden Mortgages