snake handling churches
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Well

Hyden, KY

#42 Mar 19, 2013
Snakes are spoken of throughout the bible, used for signs. Never does it mention to pick up a serpent for self edification, but for the unbelief of others. They picked up serpents, never let them crawl around on them! Moses had a staff that turned into a snake to show Pharaoh that God was in charge. Paul shook off a deadly serpent that bit him, into the fire to show the barbarians that the god he preached about was the GOD to be worshiped,because he did not die. This is not meant as self edification, just like tongues spoken in the presence of others is not meant for self edification, but for an interpreter to be present (a message to others, not self)! He says to be SILENT if an interpreter is not present! The tongue that is for self edification is to be done in private, this is when the holy ghost is an intercessor for the one praying telling Christ what this person needs! Paul said God is not the author of confusion, to be silent if an interpreter is not present, that he would rather speak one word of prophecy than a 1000 words in an unknown tongue. Then there is the tongue of a different language, used on the day of penticost. Three types of tongue and the only one to be spoken in a church, the one where there is an interpreter or be silent (unless there is someone there who does not understand the language being spoken, then that tongue would be permitted)!
but here

Hyden, KY

#43 Mar 19, 2013
a good example that Christ tout when Satin tempted him on the mount.where he ask Christ to jump off the cliff he said it was written that the angels would hold him up .but Christ said its also written thou shalt not tempt they lord your god.so you never tempt god that way. you don't make a show out of it its their for when its needed in ever day life if you a man of god and get bit by accident then god will save you .but he didn't say make a religion out it.the bible and Christ speaks against idles in church.
agree

Hyden, KY

#44 Mar 19, 2013
but here wrote:
a good example that Christ tout when Satin tempted him on the mount.where he ask Christ to jump off the cliff he said it was written that the angels would hold him up .but Christ said its also written thou shalt not tempt they lord your god.so you never tempt god that way. you don't make a show out of it its their for when its needed in ever day life if you a man of god and get bit by accident then god will save you .but he didn't say make a religion out it.the bible and Christ speaks against idles in church.
i agree.
KKK

Turkey

#45 Mar 19, 2013
whats the difference between a snake and a democrat?
thats

Hyden, KY

#46 Mar 19, 2013
KKK wrote:
whats the difference between a snake and a democrat?
easy a snake bruises your heal, a democrat bruises your head.
Fact

Hyden, KY

#47 Mar 19, 2013
God can give you power to tame a lion.

TIP: Don't knock it til you try it.
ill leave

Hyden, KY

#48 Mar 19, 2013
Fact wrote:
that up to the snake handler and god.
wonder

Hyden, KY

#49 Mar 20, 2013
wonder why nobody puts other religons on here. Strange.
Well

Hyden, KY

#50 Mar 21, 2013
Fact wrote:
Yes he sure can, for HIS edification, not for personal edification! When God does a miracle, it is to show the unbelievers, not the believers! A believers SOLE job is to bring unbelievers into the fold! Christ spent his entire life doing just that and getting the apostles ready to do just that, the same thing we are suppose to be doing! We do not need to worry about getting close to God, because if we do his will he will draw us nigh unto him, the easiest way to get close to GOD! If only we all could do just that, the lives we could save, give us strength oh Lord!
Fact

Hyden, KY

#51 Mar 21, 2013
If you live by the Word of God, the signs will follow you.
kidroc

Somerset, KY

#52 Mar 21, 2013
Well wrote:
Snakes are spoken of throughout the bible, used for signs. Never does it mention to pick up a serpent for self edification, but for the unbelief of others. They picked up serpents, never let them crawl around on them! Moses had a staff that turned into a snake to show Pharaoh that God was in charge. Paul shook off a deadly serpent that bit him, into the fire to show the barbarians that the god he preached about was the GOD to be worshiped,because he did not die. This is not meant as self edification, just like tongues spoken in the presence of others is not meant for self edification, but for an interpreter to be present (a message to others, not self)! He says to be SILENT if an interpreter is not present! The tongue that is for self edification is to be done in private, this is when the holy ghost is an intercessor for the one praying telling Christ what this person needs! Paul said God is not the author of confusion, to be silent if an interpreter is not present, that he would rather speak one word of prophecy than a 1000 words in an unknown tongue. Then there is the tongue of a different language, used on the day of penticost. Three types of tongue and the only one to be spoken in a church, the one where there is an interpreter or be silent (unless there is someone there who does not understand the language being spoken, then that tongue would be permitted)!
i agree with what you are saying and don't mean to offend,but it was Aarons staff and he laid it down and it changed into a snake and ate the snake the magician laid down.then Aaron picked up the snake,showing that God had greater power.but it is to show the power of God to protect his people.
Well

Hyden, KY

#53 Mar 21, 2013
kidroc wrote:
<quoted text>i agree with what you are saying and don't mean to offend,but it was Aarons staff and he laid it down and it changed into a snake and ate the snake the magician laid down.then Aaron picked up the snake,showing that God had greater power.but it is to show the power of God to protect his people.
yes....glad you corrected that!
Well

Hyden, KY

#54 Mar 21, 2013
kidroc wrote:
<quoted text>i agree with what you are saying and don't mean to offend,but it was Aarons staff and he laid it down and it changed into a snake and ate the snake the magician laid down.then Aaron picked up the snake,showing that God had greater power.but it is to show the power of God to protect his people.
I thought about that and thought how could I have been so wrong, then I read in Exodus, it was Moses whose Rod turned into the snake. Exodus 4:1-5
Well

Hyden, KY

#55 Mar 21, 2013
But Aarons is the one cast down that ate the others! I was wrong about that. Moses rod was the one used to smote the waters! I guess I need to read the books of Law again!
kidroc

Somerset, KY

#56 Mar 22, 2013
when you get down and feel depressed or opressed,or just want to thank him or worship him,just find a place and begin to praise God.that is another way to get close to God,for he inhabits the praises of his people.draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Don Barros Serrano 148,874
sweets 9 hr Filipe 3
D!ck nosed Amanda Sat Truth 32
Finley Mine Explosion (Nov '08) Fri Will Couch 104
Help with Drug Use... Thu See me 11
tiffany Lowe Jun 23 I think 4
Girl called stripper Jun 23 Stripper 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hyden Mortgages