snake handling churches

Posted in the Hyden Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BusterBrown

Hazard, KY

#1 Jul 29, 2008
what are the known snake handling churches in leslie county....definitely known not specualtion
git off it man

Hopkinsville, KY

#2 Jul 29, 2008
leave them people alone its their choice go practice what ever faith you want and dont mess with them
BusterBrown

Hazard, KY

#3 Jul 29, 2008
actually thats my faith brother....im new and just looking for a church..
Disposablke Hero

Sizerock, KY

#4 Jul 29, 2008
git off it - BusterBrown didn't say anything to offend you! Why so quick to jump down his throat? All he was doing was asking questions. Sounds like you need to learn some patience, as do we all.

Since: Jul 08

Gorham, IL

#5 Jul 29, 2008
there is one in middlesboro ky, but as of right now they are out of snakes because the police took them all.
haa

Sizerock, KY

#6 Jul 29, 2008
buster brown there are some down stariaght creek one called jenson and theres crocket in stoney fork kaleb sizemores use to handle them but i dont know about now
lost

Gorham, IL

#7 Jul 29, 2008
try rockhouse baptist church
in Laurel County

Lewisport, KY

#8 Jul 29, 2008
a person got bit my a snake and now it's against the law to have snakes in church over here.
the bible

Paducah, KY

#9 Jul 29, 2008
wasn't talking about serpents in that way, it was just talking about evil period. Yeh they are there, in London ky there is one. I know someone who was bit. I am glad I did not go that day.

Gorham, IL

#10 Jul 29, 2008
just a question, what does handling a snake have to do with God?

Williston, SC

#11 Jul 29, 2008
is about getting the bite lol idk

Gorham, IL

#12 Jul 29, 2008
KyMiner08 wrote:
is about getting the bite lol idk
lol me either
bob_fork_gurl

Sizerock, KY

#13 Jul 29, 2008
ok hold on, the church handlin ppl r awsome the my family heck my pap's church (bobfork church r known as sizemores) handles them and it is not about the bittin itsa about god
you need to read your

Lewisport, KY

#14 Jul 29, 2008
bob_fork_gurl wrote:
ok hold on, the church handlin ppl r awsome the my family heck my pap's church (bobfork church r known as sizemores) handles them and it is not about the bittin itsa about god
bible again. Every church has there own version of what they believe. It does not tell you to pick up a snake and play with it!

Gorham, IL

#15 Jul 29, 2008
you need to read your wrote:
<quoted text>bible again. Every church has there own version of what they believe. It does not tell you to pick up a snake and play with it!
AMEN!!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#16 Jul 30, 2008
you need to read your wrote:
<quoted text>bible again. Every church has there own version of what they believe. It does not tell you to pick up a snake and play with it!
But it does reference it. Here are the verses.

Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

You can find anything you want to find in the book. From holy war to snake handling it is all inside, that why we have a thousand denominations to choose from.
hatmaker

Sizerock, KY

#17 Jul 30, 2008
thats why god told every man to work out his own salvashion.
You can have mine

Sizerock, KY

#18 Jul 30, 2008
I once met a guy that said he was catching them for a church.He was a real sports man,not like a person hunting a rabbit with a gun this guy was hunting rattlers with a forked stick and wearing a pair cut offs and flipflops,now that's a REAL sportsman.
AS for the churches or the people that handle them they know the risks and as long as they don't force it on people it's there business.You have to respect that much faith.
Also I've heard that some drink poison as it says in one of Fact checks verses .
Faith can move mountains or a snake really doesn't like bitting something as large as a person unless it's self defense or just sees like a hand or a foot.every where it looks there are people .I wouldn't be so quick to kill a snake if I fell into a den .I would be more interested in getting my rump out.Maybe that is the way the snake sees it or maybe not.any way JMO
Buster Brown

London, KY

#19 Jul 30, 2008
so not really any around leslie? noone has actually told me where i can go? are there any in grassy?

Gorham, IL

#20 Jul 30, 2008
Buster Brown wrote:
so not really any around leslie? noone has actually told me where i can go? are there any in grassy?
there has been a few mentioned, one there on rockhouse, one in middlesboro. g'luck though
God is faithful to everyone.. At one point in time we are all lead to the truth. My Prayers are with you, May God keep you safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why is he still wearing womens panties??? 2 hr Weight Watcher 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Categoryforyoutoo 138,033
Blue diamond mining LLC 3 hr is a cigar puffi... 13
I know what you did last summer 4 hr ugly duckling 15
Just for laughs 6 hr justsmile 4
fyi 8 hr hyden native 5
OBama Needs To Go (Jul '09) 8 hr IND 19,313
More from around the web

Hyden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]