getting rid of tree frogs from my swi...

Sheridan, AR

#87 Jun 1, 2012
billie wrote:
we havent had any luck either but funny story my girlfriends a tree hugger and didnt want me to vacume up the frog eggs this morning in the bottom of the pool with the pool vac so she broke out the turkey baster and relocated them to the neighbors pond .......
I think that is so sweet:) it's what I wouldn't done.

Knoxville, TN

#88 Jul 6, 2012
need help plz wrote:
hey does anybody have answers on getting rid of tree frogs they keep getting in our pool its hard to keep them out help plz
I'm trying the plastic snake idea. I got 6 tree frogs out of my pool last night before giving up. I work at Walmart in toys, we carry them in the $1-$5 area. They are $1, so buy enough to go around the pool edge they also work to keep birds from building nests where you don't want them and put one or two in your berry patches. Hope this helps.

Pompano Beach, FL

#89 Jul 13, 2012
I had a few frogs to start with which I thought was o.k. But then more and more came then what I did was capture their leader with my skimmer net and held him captive for four hours and displayed his hopeless peril In front of all the other frogs so they could see I was in charge and what fate they would suffer if they continued there late night skylarkings. After the four or five hours when I thought I had made an example of this alpha frog and he had sufficient time to contemplate the possibility of the rest of his life in captivity I released him and let him return to his hidden frog hideout and warn the others of what horrible Imaginings await them if they dare return. As much as I sound like sound like a total crackhead it seemed to work so go figure

Richmond, VA

#90 Jul 20, 2012
Haven't tried it yet but thinking about grabbing em in the leaf net and trappin em there, then salting the little thugs (i mean frogs).

Richmond, VA

#91 Jul 20, 2012
The tree frogs come to the pool for mating and some nights none show up. Tonight i caught 2 frogs in the act. I swept em into the water and then i threw them back into the trees. ONE THING FOR SURE I'm gettin a looploc cover. MY FIRST SPRING I HAD TO SCOOP OUT HUNDREDS OF TADPOLES BEFORE I COULD LEAVE FOR VACATON. AS LONG AS THEY HARASS ME I'LL HARASS EM RIGHT BACK!

Palm Coast, FL

#92 Jul 24, 2012
clorox wrote:
poor clorox all around your pool it will take care of the frogs
Omg I did this cause I have like a million frogs in my pool and they keep laying eggs .. It worked(: you are a genius(:
frogs takin ova

Charlotte, NC

#93 Jul 27, 2012
Frogs was every were in my pool and out bleach or clorox is yo thing but mix it with water soak it in yo grass and where ever u think the y comin from then get a pot of bleach or clorox and poor it in yo pool the smel of it makes them leave if u put it on them it makes them die

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#94 Aug 23, 2012
I know you posted this a long time ago so you have either found a way or you have bought a cover or screened your pool in. However, if you have not found an answer - I have it. Believe it or not - moth balls. I have an above ground and made about 8-10 little sachets of mothballs by tying 3 mothballs in a cut piece of nylon (like from pantyhouse) and then tucked them into the cap pieces of the upright posts (my pool is above ground). We have been 6 days with no frogs at all...we hear them all around our property, but we have had none in out pool laying their nasty little eggs. Give it a try if you haven't already figured it all out.

#95 Sep 23, 2012
chowdown wrote:
yes Seller I was the one who done that. want me to do it again??
Taylor Made Driver works well!!!
South African Pat

South Africa

#96 Dec 15, 2012
Hi I have spent nights putting them in a bucket (intending to take them to the river the next day) and they escape so this evening I took one there as soon as I heard it. Now there is another!! I may resort to the rubber snake idea as the sound (they sound like ducks) is disturbing my sleep.
South African Pat

South Africa

#97 Dec 16, 2012
Put 3 large rubber snakes in my pool today and guess what - the frogs are still there! I have now removed 4, found 2 dead in the outlet weir and tonight another two are waiting for transportation to the river. Any other bright ideas?

Canton, GA

#98 Jan 31, 2013
country girl wrote:
i am haveing the same problem
What if they are diving from a tree into the pool (we have one right by our pool and they do this a lot)
Rich Mason

Millersville, MD

#99 Mar 9, 2013
Almost all small animals that get into swimming pools will climb out if given a chance. As a biologist concerned with wildlife conservation, I developed a product called FrogLog that gives animals an escape ramp from pools. There are a few other devices that address this issue as well. Information about FrogLog can be found at

Virginia Beach, VA

#100 Jul 2, 2013
I have 3 big frogs & they are croaking so loud they wake up my neighbors. Any ideas of how to get rid of them. They are not little tree frogs, but big frogs!! The noise is SO frustrating!! What kind of acid to put in the pool?
mary cirtwell

Marysville, OH

#101 Jul 23, 2013
I have an above ground pool and I too am having issues with tree frogs we bought a new salt water filter system this year and we are using that how ever these lil frogs wont go away they are nesting in the tubes of the pool ,I cant hang plasitci snakes due to having children that love snakes ,any other suggestions ,im willing to try most any thing besides getting rid of my pool ??????????

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#102 Aug 9, 2013
clorox wrote:
rain washes it away . the frogs come after rain
Andre Jackson

Miami, FL

#103 May 4, 2014
I love nana and jahsan can go f him self

Clermont, FL

#104 May 8, 2014
Get some Backwoods Off bug spray and spray them. Not only will it keep the bugs off of them, it will kill them within about 60 seconds.

Wappingers Falls, NY

#105 May 12, 2014
clorox wrote:

I tried clorine rock salt ,neither work.

Hyden, KY

#106 May 12, 2014
1.30 cents for a gallon of cheap bleach pour it in your pool .no frogs will be in your pool or snakes nothing but you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 47 min Lol 145,697
Miner Wife Cant Cheat Now 3 hr Cambridge 4
To the girl who hurt me the worst (Oct '14) 4 hr pillbilly 50
Lil Jeffery d 7 hr stomp ya azz 1
Shick and Missy 7 hr Think about it 3
domdaddy 8 hr pillbilly 1
Norman Bates 19 hr Loser 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hyden Mortgages