getting rid of tree frogs from my swi...

getting rid of tree frogs from my swimming pool

Posted in the Hyden Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
need help plz

Williston, SC

#1 May 29, 2008
hey does anybody have answers on getting rid of tree frogs they keep getting in our pool its hard to keep them out help plz
clorox

Stoughton, WI

#3 May 30, 2008
poor clorox all around your pool it will take care of the frogs
country girl

Williston, SC

#4 May 30, 2008
i am haveing the same problem
Jimi Hendrix

East Stroudsburg, PA

#5 Jun 6, 2008
Put Plastic snakes floating in around around pool( frogs hate snakes ). Also you can put rock salt around the outside of pool(above ground ).
the ring woman

United States

#6 Jun 9, 2008
i got pickels in my pool and i dont know where thire coming from
chowdown

United States

#7 Jun 9, 2008
yeah i know im the one that put them there!
Seller

Seattle, WA

#8 Jun 10, 2008
Chowdown! Are you the one putting MY potatoes from My sack in My pool too?

As for the frogs, git yourself a pet Rattle Snake and keep it on a leash near where the frogs jump in.
chowdown

United States

#9 Jun 10, 2008
yes Seller I was the one who done that. want me to do it again??
French Frogslegs

Germany

#10 Jun 10, 2008
Chowdown, I have a bundle of pumpkins in my garage that I need transferring into the ring womans pool. Can you help?
Diagnonsense

United States

#11 Jun 10, 2008
Awww I like tree frogs, but I know where you're coming from because I get them out of mom's pool sometimes. I'll have to tell her about the salt and clorox ideas, IF she even opens her pool this year.
little froggies

Williston, SC

#12 Jun 11, 2008
hey the best idea i have is this i have got a milk jug once and then got in the pool at night and as the tree frogs starts comming in ill catch them and put them in the jug and then take them a few miles down the road and let them out lol i never could stand the thoughts of trying to kill the little things but i dont want them in our pool everynight either ,,,,last year the most i have cought in one night was 26 frogs i havent started this year yet but its time lol
BeNice

United States

#15 Jun 11, 2008
When I was growing up, we always had frogs around the edge of our pool. Now as an adult, I have the same problem. I've learned to ignore them. Both salt and Chlorox will ruin the liner in a short time. They are too expensive to replace every year. Do as I do and just call them your pool mascot. :)
little froggies

Williston, SC

#16 Jun 11, 2008
lol thats a good one ,,,pool mascot ,,, well if i only had just a few that would be ok but i have so many they drive me crazy lol they are everywhere here i do try to avoid them if at all possible but at times its way to hard and when it comes a rain its look out all the familys comes and visits and most of will stay lol but anyways putting them in a jug and takeing them a few miles down the road and letting them out is the best i have found to do for them so thats what ill keep on doing untill a better idea comes up that i can do ,,, does anybody out there have anymore ideas of what to do?
John

Miami, FL

#17 Jul 12, 2008
Ok, get a rubber snake. taaa daaa. there you go. just put it outside the pool, or in the pool. the frogs will say, "AHHHH A SNAKE. QUICK LETS GO TO THE NEIGHBORS POOL. THEY HAVE NO SNAKES." yep. it works. it worked for my pool ;)
little froggies

Williston, SC

#18 Jul 12, 2008
hey thanks well the little frogs are still here i have been looking for a rubber snake but i havent found one here in town and ive asked my little nephews if they have one and they dont so next time i go to walmart ill look there and i hope that will work , i have the frogs everywhere around my pool they drive me crazy lol i was sitting here in the kitchen last week and got looking and low and behold there was 2 on my kitchen door window just sticking on the glass catching millers as they would come there around the lights ,,, i wished they would just go to the pond across to the neighbors house and leave me along lol
msaj40

Ruskin, FL

#19 Jul 18, 2008
little froggies wrote:
hey thanks well the little frogs are still here i have been looking for a rubber snake but i havent found one here in town and ive asked my little nephews if they have one and they dont so next time i go to walmart ill look there and i hope that will work , i have the frogs everywhere around my pool they drive me crazy lol i was sitting here in the kitchen last week and got looking and low and behold there was 2 on my kitchen door window just sticking on the glass catching millers as they would come there around the lights ,,, i wished they would just go to the pond across to the neighbors house and leave me along lol
The snake trick works like a charm. We were having the same problem as you and for the past 2 nights, no frogs. What a nice sound. That croaking will drive you insane. We have an above ground pool,and we spaced 10 snakes out around the top of the pool.We found our snakes at Walmart in the toy section.
Hyden Viewer

Williston, SC

#20 Jul 18, 2008
msaj40 wrote:
<quoted text>
The snake trick works like a charm. We were having the same problem as you and for the past 2 nights, no frogs. What a nice sound. That croaking will drive you insane. We have an above ground pool,and we spaced 10 snakes out around the top of the pool.We found our snakes at Walmart in the toy section.
thanks ill be sure to go and find me some and try it... thanks agian
Sammy

Altamonte Springs, FL

#22 May 19, 2009
need help plz wrote:
hey does anybody have answers on getting rid of tree frogs they keep getting in our pool its hard to keep them out help plz
I used Clorox and it helped a little bit, but I looked in the internet and they are recommending spray with salty water
Frogfrigger

Miami, FL

#23 May 19, 2009
Balance your pool water with a higher acid level. Frogs get used to chlorine and salt, but they can't survive acid.

Try this and let me and others know here if this worked for you.
party dog

Lancaster, WI

#24 May 20, 2009
well i have them again this year and yep they are driveing me crazy i hate them little tree frogs . i dont know what to do with them they are so many here and the thing is i havent even open my pool up yet im going to do that this week maybe tomorrow , but anyway i need to do something with all the froggies that are here .anybody have any suggestions that they know really works please post them i need all the help i can get although i have bought the rubber snakes but i havent tried them yet i will soon as i get the cover off of the pool and see how it works then .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min Min 177,036
How to make big fluffy biscuits 18 min Belle 21
Am I the only one? 28 min His fav 1
Sheriff 2018, Who's Running? Does anyone know a... (Jul '17) 6 hr PhD hoe bag 210
Serious question about clerks race 12 hr Ugh 4
tommy smith (Feb '11) 12 hr Lmao 7
Winners for election 13 hr Miss piggy 4

Hyden Jobs

Personal Finance

Hyden Mortgages