Leslie County Taxes

Posted in the Hyden Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
justwondering

Hyden, KY

#1 Feb 1, 2013
Where do Leslie County taxes withheld on my paycheck go to?
okkk

Hyden, KY

#2 Feb 1, 2013
ask you county gov. let them tell you.
justwondering

Hyden, KY

#3 Feb 1, 2013
i was asking what part of the govt do they go to, smartass. judge exec. or what? if you're such an expert on local govt. why don't you educate me? if you don't have something of substance to add don't hijack my post.
huu

Hyden, KY

#4 Feb 1, 2013
justwondering wrote:
i was asking what part of the govt do they go to, smartass. judge exec. or what? if you're such an expert on local govt. why don't you educate me? if you don't have something of substance to add don't hijack my post.
not trying hijack your post the judge always handles the finances.that the man you need to consult.
man#4

Hyden, KY

#5 Feb 1, 2013
I prefer the term mishandles
Info

Hyden, KY

#6 Feb 2, 2013
justwondering wrote:
Where do Leslie County taxes withheld on my paycheck go to?
The 1% Leslie County Occupational Tax was started by the current County Judge to pay for the jail that the previous County Judge built without means to pay for. Anyone that is issued a payroll check in Leslie county is taxed.
Im not sure how long the tax is supposed to be in place, but I would think the jail is paying for itself and the tax should be dropped or converted to a sales tax. A sales tax would get a little from everyone and not just the working people issued a check in the county.
taxes stink

Hyden, KY

#7 Feb 2, 2013
Taxes are spread out to the judge, health dept, library, school and extension office.
tooo bad

Hyden, KY

#8 Feb 4, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text>
The 1% Leslie County Occupational Tax was started by the current County Judge to pay for the jail that the previous County Judge built without means to pay for. Anyone that is issued a payroll check in Leslie county is taxed.
Im not sure how long the tax is supposed to be in place, but I would think the jail is paying for itself and the tax should be dropped or converted to a sales tax. A sales tax would get a little from everyone and not just the working people issued a check in the county.
Well No the jail does not break anywhere near even ,And there is around 500,000.00 has to be paid on the building every year . for around 20 more years this thing was a curse on leslie county
WHAT

Hyden, KY

#9 Feb 7, 2013
thats what you get for working you get taxed
you be better off drawing a flitter check lmao A big flitter check if you got one that has been stretched
that

Wooton, KY

#10 Feb 7, 2013
tooo bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Well No the jail does not break anywhere near even ,And there is around 500,000.00 has to be paid on the building every year . for around 20 more years this thing was a curse on leslie county
jail will take in over 227,000$ a year .with 151 housed .they get 18 $ day for each person stays their.the food cost is less than a dollar a day for each one ,the jailer and others are paid by the state .the power and other cost the 27.000 will cover that's 200,000$ a year.why 20 yrs? 3 yrs will pay that off.something don't add up here.
fart nocker

Hyden, KY

#11 Mar 8, 2013
school board gets 54% of all local/ tax money
WEll I

Wooton, KY

#12 Mar 9, 2013
heard the county is thinking about putting a 6 cent sales tax on items .I guess the Sizemores need more money For their rock star career
WEll I

Wooton, KY

#13 Mar 9, 2013
that wrote:
<quoted text>jail will take in over 227,000$ a year .with 151 housed .they get 18 $ day for each person stays their.the food cost is less than a dollar a day for each one ,the jailer and others are paid by the state .the power and other cost the 27.000 will cover that's 200,000$ a year.why 20 yrs? 3 yrs will pay that off.something don't add up here.
LMAO they spend twice that on games and cable TV for the inmates and about flat screen tvs the cable guy is getting rich.when you go to the garbage dump look at the satellite dishes on the roof lmao Its better than Holiday INN
do you

Hyden, KY

#14 Mar 9, 2013
WEll I wrote:
heard the county is thinking about putting a 6 cent sales tax on items .I guess the Sizemores need more money For their rock star career
mean all items sold in the county? Everything? If they do that I will not be buying anything here and neither will anyone else. That is sheer madness. It would take a bunch of lunatics to do that, especially with people shopping in other counties anyway.
WEll I

Wooton, KY

#15 Mar 10, 2013
do you wrote:
<quoted text>
mean all items sold in the county? Everything? If they do that I will not be buying anything here and neither will anyone else. That is sheer madness. It would take a bunch of lunatics to do that, especially with people shopping in other counties anyway.


Well I heard it from someone in the local government .It would destroy an already struggling economy .They better rethink that if in fact they are thinking it.
LIBERAL

Hyden, KY

#16 Mar 10, 2013
WEll I wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I heard it from someone in the local government .It would destroy an already struggling economy .They better rethink that if in fact they are thinking it.
haa if its anything sold in the county then the 6 cents will be on your power bill water bill sewer bill car tags and property as well.and food and other products. dont republicans hate taxes whats going on here.these are all republicans.i told you all yon should have elected a liberal.then most all your taxes be gone .and the county be wet. and pot legal.and many other good things you people need get with the ones that wont's to help you not rob you..go liberal..
Tell ME it aint so

Wooton, KY

#17 Mar 11, 2013
LIBERAL wrote:
<quoted text>haa if its anything sold in the county then the 6 cents will be on your power bill water bill sewer bill car tags and property as well.and food and other products. dont republicans hate taxes whats going on here.these are all republicans.i told you all yon should have elected a liberal.then most all your taxes be gone .and the county be wet. and pot legal.and many other good things you people need get with the ones that wont's to help you not rob you..go liberal..
I agree wif you the last years we have slid backwards
danny blubber

Wooton, KY

#18 Mar 12, 2013
Tell ME it aint so wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree wif you the last years we have slid backwards
Are you kidding ? The only part of the county that seems to be doing any good is the city .What are they doing with the tax money?-Maybe we can annex perry or clay co they both doing better than Leslie
auto correct

Hyden, KY

#19 Mar 14, 2013
Danny Glover
Perry County

London, KY

#20 Mar 23, 2013
Danny Blubber,dont even think about Perry County unless you want to spend your money here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBama Needs To Go (Jul '09) 22 min scirocco 17,995
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 31 min HistoricallySpeaking 133,373
State Police Operations this month 11 hr tisme 27
boxer puppies to give away (May '08) 15 hr Boxer 50
Pap's Market aka The Druggie Hangout 16 hr wow 3
My husband is a control freak Thu jesuschrist12 10
why are all the cops out tonight Wed yes 6
Hyden Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hyden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:15 am PST

NBC Sports 3:15AM
Marvin Lewis on Andy Dalton: We don't have time to waste on QB competition
NBC Sports 6:32 AM
Panthers G.M. on Cam Newton: "We want him here. I want him here"
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Report: Sal Sunseri to leave Florida State for position with Oakland Raiders
ESPN 8:07 AM
Spygate, 'culture of cheating' vexes ex-GM
Yahoo! Sports10:47 AM
Former Panthers GM wonders if Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl