Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149656 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

defender

United States

#84557 Aug 1, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>Magic Johnson had sex with 300-500 women per year and beaten Solomon on the sin wagon by a long shot. I'm waiting for holy writings of Magic Johnson since he has grown the wiser.
Magic was the best!! Loved watching him run the show time offense ... Someone start a NBA thread and we'll have it out over that topic too!!! If all you Jordan lovers dare that is...
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#84558 Aug 1, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
Magic Johnson had sex with 300-500 women per year andbeaten Solomon on the sin wagon by a long shot. I'm waiting for holy writings of Magic Johnson since he has grown the wiser.
"Spaceship earth"
I just stated my opinion on whether Solomon could have had sex with 700 wives and 300 concubines. Maybe he could have I don't know so if you don't mind please strike my opinion but the other information I posted was correct. Please forgive me for stating an OPINION!

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#84559 Aug 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it would bring a new meaning to the phrase "Do you believe Magic"
I like the song.
defender

United States

#84560 Aug 1, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>Whoever loves a 1000 women/man more than Jehovah will not be saved. Whoever loves just 1 women/man more than Jehovah will not be saved.

O.K. I get it. I can see why Jehovah will destroy many because of jealousy. Maybe that is why Jehovah does not want you to see his face, he wants you to love him for himself not the way he looks.
I can't believe I saying this but I'm inclined to agree with you on this... Well a little anyway... Don't get me wrong King Solomon was way more of a man than any of us... But the lesson is not to be pussy whipped ... Solomon gave in to their demands to put up idols of other gods...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#84561 Aug 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Shocking as in to find how brutal it can be at times ... Most Christians who don't study or are to busy worrying about who's going to hell and what's to eat after the service miss the fact that the bible is rather unpleasant at times... Not many other religions show this side of things.... What are some of the best arguments against Christianity?.... Well one would be the other very similar Gods of the time... Like Mithra and Horus... Their stories are very similar and there are Plenty of others... So why then believe in Jesus? I gotta admit this one got to me for awhile but I'm glad I looked deeper... Also there are stories of the flood that predate the bible version... What is true Christianity? A journey... I'm not trying to convert anyone to what I believe so I'll just say this... One man with no army, no political power and only twelve men following him stood in the face if sure death and said "Heaven and Earth shall pass away but my words shall not".... How can this be? This one man 2000 years ago with nothing and nobody could still set this world on fire? In this day and age with all the technology money can buy going against him... His words have not passed away... Quite profound...
Plato's words still ring and that was long before Jesus is written into biblical texts,.... Sumerian texts, many 1000's of pages, are there for the reading... The Chinese writings date back 1000's of years before any biblical texts and is followed by Billions of people.... Indian Texts proceed biblical texts by millennia and are followed by 100's of millions of people... to this day...

But something written a mere 2000 years ago is to be considered More profound? Nah, no more profound than any other old dusty book....

El Dorado Hills, CA

#84562 Aug 1, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
"Spaceship earth"
I just stated my opinion on whether Solomon could have had sex with 700 wives and 300 concubines. Maybe he could have I don't know so if you don't mind please strike my opinion but the other information I posted was correct. Please forgive me for stating an OPINION!
I'm not the jealous type so ok, your forgiven.
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#84563 Aug 1, 2012
"Spaceship earth",
Please consider the following information as factual!

Jehovah blessed Solomon with wisdom, glory, and riches as long as he remained firm for true worship and the nation ofIsrael likewise enjoyed God’s favor.
Ecclesiastes and The Song of Solomon, reveal that he had a deep knowledge of human nature.(1Ki 4:29-34) From Ecclesiastes we learn that he did much meditationin order to find “the delightful words and the writing of correct words of truth.”(Ecclesiastes 12:10)
As long as Solomon remained true to the worship of Jehovah, he prospered. Evidently his Proverbs were uttered, and the books of Ecclesiastes and The Song of Solomon, as well as at least one of the Psalms (Ps 127), were written during his period of faithful service to God.

However, Solomon began to disregard God’s law. We read:“And King Solomon himself loved many foreign wives along with the daughter of Pharaoh, Moabite, Ammonite, Edomite, Sidonian and Hittite women, from the nations of whom Jehovah had said to the sons ofIsrael:‘You must not goin among them, and they themselves should not comein among you; truly they willincline your heart to follow their gods.’It was to them that Solomon clung to love them. And he came to have seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines; and his wives graduallyinclined his heart. Andit came aboutin the time of Solomon’s growing old that his wives themselves hadinclined his heart to follow other gods; and his heart did not prove to be complete with Jehovah his God like the heart of David his father. And Solomon began to do what was badin the eyes of Jehovah, and he did not follow Jehovah fully like David his father”—1Ki 11:1-8.
While this took place “in the time of Solomon’s growing old,” we need not assume that his deviation was because of senility, for Solomon was relatively young when taking the throne, and the length of his reign was 40 years.(1Ch 29:1; 2Ch 9:30) The account does not say that Solomon completely forsook the worship at the temple and the offering of sacrifices there. He apparently attempted to practice a sort ofinterfaith,in order to please his foreign wives. For this,“Jehovah came to beincensed at Solomon, because his heart hadinclined away from Jehovah the God ofIsrael.

Somerset, KY

#84564 Aug 1, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
"Spaceship earth"
Solomon was a pedophile ....

So was Mohomid, and most of the other dirty old men holders of religious power over the illiterate masses....
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#84565 Aug 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Solomon was a pedophile ....
So was Mohomid, and most of the other dirty old men holders of religious power over the illiterate masses....
AND THAT IS YOUR OPINION!

El Dorado Hills, CA

#84566 Aug 1, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
"Spaceship earth",
You seem to be a reasonable person... I did a lot of research for your benefit and then you come off with something ridiculous!
Totally unreasonable!
Oh C'mon now, that was just guy talk with defender. Just think about it, your research is being seen by thousands of people who may have the same questions I asked you about. So you know that your work is not wasted but is planting seeds. That said, thank you for your time and efforts I know you're a sincere person.
defender

United States

#84567 Aug 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Plato's words still ring and that was long before Jesus is written into biblical texts,.... Sumerian texts, many 1000's of pages, are there for the reading... The Chinese writings date back 1000's of years before any biblical texts and is followed by Billions of people.... Indian Texts proceed biblical texts by millennia and are followed by 100's of millions of people... to this day...

But something written a mere 2000 years ago is to be considered More profound? Nah, no more profound than any other old dusty book....
Indeed.... But as always you miss the point ... We are talking about one man.. No money... No political power...No army... A common carpenter hated by most followed by only a handful... Whose words are to this day are iron clad... How many have been killed for reading Plato?... He said "the world will hate you for my namesake" and they do... Does Buddhism or Hindu make any statements as bold as Jesus did... Uh no... Don't get me wrong these are nice religions and I have nothing against them... Perhaps you should try reading that dusty old book sometime and give google a break...
defender

United States

#84568 Aug 1, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>AND THAT IS YOUR OPINION!
No it's googles... This man is unable to think for himself...

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#84569 Aug 1, 2012
Known fact wrote:
"Spaceship earth",
Please consider the following information as factual!
Yea, that is the whole problem. See the bible is not fact, it is fiction. Shall we read from the book of pet cemetery as fact?

Somerset, KY

#84570 Aug 1, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
AND THAT IS YOUR OPINION!
Nope, not an opinion.. Most of Ol Sol's bed mates were in their teens and he didn't go out looking... Parents and guards just brought him his kids when ever he wanted a new one... Look back at the kids they take as concubines and wives... age ranges start at preteen ... Same with modern day LDS subset cults... Get em while they are young and you can make them do what ever you wish...
defender

London, KY

#84571 Aug 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, not an opinion.. Most of Ol Sol's bed mates were in their teens and he didn't go out looking... Parents and guards just brought him his kids when ever he wanted a new one... Look back at the kids they take as concubines and wives... age ranges start at preteen ... Same with modern day LDS subset cults... Get em while they are young and you can make them do what ever you wish...
In Tennessee they call them Titians (or tight ones)... Lol.. Sorry couldn't resist... A goofy response for a goody post...
Rev Rude

Richmond, KY

#84572 Aug 1, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Sea monsters are real? The earth is flat? you need medication?
Here is your proof, because na na na na I cant hear you
Here is some truth and fact for you, every one has the right to be free from religion.
Says the religious nut who is BOUND to his own religion... silly satanism.

Irony? No, sir. That's HYPOCRISY.
Rev Rude

Richmond, KY

#84573 Aug 1, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text> , I have this mental picture of some minimum wage burger flipper at McDonalds living in your parents home. You have greasy hair and need a shower but are too busy pretending to be a rock star, you spend your time playing video games and have no friends, a slacker who can not get a girl to spend time with so you pretend that you are not a loser by trolling
I actually feel sorry for you.(oh, I see how much the small pecker comment hurt you. I must have hit a sore spot for you bwahahahaha) You have multiple accounts? That just shows the whole world what a loser you are.
Do you think you will ever move out of your parents house? No no dont cry, wait go ahead and cry loser!(I bet you are used to being called a loser, I bet your mother even calls you a loser)
Well, I see even satanists have to resort to "yo momma" jokes when their ammo runs low.
How's that "ignoring me" going, Horny?
Not so good, evidently.

If you'll remember, I've been pulling your chain way before you fantasized about my pecker.
I was the first to show you the error of your illiterate ways and correct your spelling of the word "PREIST."
You've been crying and "bwa-ha-ha-ing" like a goat ever since.

I see it embarrassed you when I proved you wrong on your silly IP address LIE.
And, I also see you CAN'T post the proof to support your claim of "millions of Christian rapists."
I hope you peruse the satanic rape links I gave you while you imagine my pecker.
FYI: It's pointy, Horny. Like a little pitchfork and I have flames tattooed on the sides.
Quantummist

Richmond, KY

#84574 Aug 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not an opinion.. Most of Ol Sol's bed mates were in their teens and he didn't go out looking... Parents and guards just brought him his kids when ever he wanted a new one... Look back at the kids they take as concubines and wives... age ranges start at preteen ... Same with modern day LDS subset cults... Get em while they are young and you can make them do what ever you wish...
Why do you bother reading the Bible, Quanty, you old coot?
Why would an esteemed Topix psycho-babble guru read fiction?

Was the Reader's Digest in the outhouse?
Next time, try perusing the satanic bible. It serves a dual purpose as toilet paper after the reading.

I'm all about environmental conservation which is why when you die, I'd like to suggest they spread your ashes around my rose bushes. You'd make excellent fertilizer.
Quantummist

Richmond, KY

#84575 Aug 1, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text> See the bible is not fact, it is fiction.
So is the satanic bible. Fictitious toilet paper.

Perhaps you'd find it's pages a little more soothing to your chafed ass than Charmin.

That's today's eco tip, now I'd appreciate if you'd ROT.
ChromiuMan

Richmond, KY

#84576 Aug 1, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Its far more important to listen.
Vintage Hypocrisy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
D!ck nosed Amanda 2 hr Down 34
Next Judge 19 hr that 10
happy birthday bill Fri future 1
Blue doamond Jul 21 Bubba 10
Cheese on everything... Jul 21 Kharma 3
Basketball (Feb '13) Jul 20 SOS 12
hell have no fury Jul 19 Little cat 2

Hyden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance