Boycott Violent Video Games

Boycott Violent Video Games

Posted in the Hyden Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Stop it Now

Leslie, MI

#1 Dec 17, 2012
Its time that people start boycotting manufacturers and sellers of violent video games. This killing mentality has got to stop now!

Please consider contacting retailers with letters, phone calls, tell them to pull violent video games off the shelfs or you are not going to shop there! Pass this information around the country, please, for the sake of our children,

This is not the total solution but it will impact it! This is one step. We do not want legislators to submit any more bills, they are useless, the American people must take this into their own hands by boycotting those who sell and manufacture this killing hysteria!

Here is a link, there are many more!

http://www.lionlamb.org/media_violence_video_...

Here are two comments from this website.

1.
Playing violent video games can increase aggressive thoughts, feelings and behavior, say researchers in the BBC News article, Video Games 'Increase Aggression.' They warn that violent video games may be more harmful than violent television or films because they are interactive, and require the player to identify with the aggressive character.

2.
A scientific study suggests that the less children play video games, or watch television, the less aggressive they become, reports the BBC.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#2 Dec 17, 2012
Brilliant Idea M :)
liberal

Hyden, KY

#3 Dec 17, 2012
yes i do agree.100%..
or better yet

Hyden, KY

#4 Dec 17, 2012
We could recognize that countless people have played similar games without becoming violent, and remember freedom of speech and artistic expression.

Instead of boycotting the manufacturers, maybe everyone should pay attention to what they are buying their kids and what impact it is having on them.

Some games have a mature rating for a reason. If you let your kids play them, that's your own fault and not the manufacturer's.
liberal

Hyden, KY

#5 Dec 17, 2012
or better yet wrote:
We could recognize that countless people have played similar games without becoming violent, and remember freedom of speech and artistic expression.
Instead of boycotting the manufacturers, maybe everyone should pay attention to what they are buying their kids and what impact it is having on them.
Some games have a mature rating for a reason. If you let your kids play them, that's your own fault and not the manufacturer's.
i see your point, but try telling that to the kids 12 little girls and 8 little boys. didn't help them none did it.?they have no freedom any more on this earth.sad but true.a lot things needs be looked at and a logical solution made to save your family and mine and all others.
or better yet

Hyden, KY

#6 Dec 17, 2012
It's ridiculous to censor an entertainment product that may or may not have anything to do with anything. It is the responsibility of a parent to determine what kind of entertainment a child can have, and how much they can play.

There are lots of things kids shouldn't have. The solution is good parenting. Not limiting free speech.

Also, most of these mass shooters are not normal well adjusted kids. They have underlying mental issues. If your child has trouble separating fantasy from reality, or doesn't seem to have a respect for human life, you should definitely not be letting them play M rated video games.

In the case of Sandy Hook, we don't even know if he was a gamer, or what he played.

I do think it is weird that most male gamers' favorite games tend to be first person shooters. But I don't see how it's grounds for ignoring the first amendment.
KYMI

Leslie, MI

#7 Dec 17, 2012
or better yet wrote:
We could recognize that countless people have played similar games without becoming violent, and remember freedom of speech and artistic expression.
Instead of boycotting the manufacturers, maybe everyone should pay attention to what they are buying their kids and what impact it is having on them.
Some games have a mature rating for a reason. If you let your kids play them, that's your own fault and not the manufacturer's.
Then I expect you to take that same exact position for guns, leave the manufacturers alone and control your own. But, I guess selective logic doesn't work with libs!

No one said take away freedom of speech and artistic expression, you don't have to support it and too many parents don't even know who their kids are unless they have a facebook account. Wake up! It is time for the citizens to hold people accountable!
or better yet

Hyden, KY

#8 Dec 17, 2012
I'm not a gun control advocate. Of course we all know we can count on you to jump in and immediately stereotype someone.

Back on subject, boycotting game manufacturers still seems pointless. A company that makes dark games make lots of other games that would be fine for your kids. Why boycott a whole manufacturer for providing an entertainment product?

It's your right if you want to, but it doesn't seem like a productive course of action.
KYMI

Leslie, MI

#9 Dec 17, 2012
or better yet wrote:
I'm not a gun control advocate. Of course we all know we can count on you to jump in and immediately stereotype someone.
Back on subject, boycotting game manufacturers still seems pointless. A company that makes dark games make lots of other games that would be fine for your kids. Why boycott a whole manufacturer for providing an entertainment product?
It's your right if you want to, but it doesn't seem like a productive course of action.
You are a low life $(#*% retard for bringing stereotype into this. You must have had such a horrible childhood to resent a just effort to save children. Get some help wow!
or better yet

Hyden, KY

#10 Dec 17, 2012
You assumed I was against guns just because I'm not in favor of banning video games. You have to admit. It's a bit nutty.

And I'm all for saving children. I'm just not for hopping on the bandwagon for pointless knee jerk actions that almost certainly will not get results.

Why vilianize someone for simply making a game? Just because we are all angry doesn't mean we should just find someone to blame. It's just a witch hunt.

Seriously

Hyden, KY

#11 Dec 18, 2012
Just because parents won't take the two stupid seconds to read the rating doesn't mean they need to be banned. It's not the games it's the parents. Read the ratings guys, they're their for a reason.
fear not gamers

Hyden, KY

#12 Dec 18, 2012
Video games, cartoons and movies are the first things that people target after a tragedy. As if the entertainment has anything to do with violence at all.

People who play these games do not become violent.

People who watch wile-E-coyote cartoons do not grow up to drop anvil's on heads.

People who have a gun and arm themselves because this is a scary world don't shoot up schools.

Games aren't going anywhere.

And if they ban guns, schools and businesses will probably just get attacked with pipe bombs or something different.
KYMI

Leslie, MI

#13 Dec 18, 2012
or better yet wrote:
You assumed I was against guns just because I'm not in favor of banning video games. You have to admit. It's a bit nutty.
And I'm all for saving children. I'm just not for hopping on the bandwagon for pointless knee jerk actions that almost certainly will not get results.
Why vilianize someone for simply making a game? Just because we are all angry doesn't mean we should just find someone to blame. It's just a witch hunt.
I bet you don't have a problem with a pedofile loving a child either, after all, its just love,

and no one said ban video games, you are gone, shut up, you have no logic or conscience, so just shut up and let the real adults respond in mass to a dangerous influence in a youths life,
or better yet

Hyden, KY

#14 Dec 18, 2012
Well, more crazy generalizations. No, I'm not in favor of pedophilia or taking your guns. Are you insane?

As stated already, I'm simply not in favor of useless tactics that will not change anything, and therefore am uninterested in a video game boycott.

How you can get from there to pedophilia is a little hard to understand. I seriously think you need help.
KYMI

Leslie, MI

#15 Dec 18, 2012
or better yet wrote:
Well, more crazy generalizations. No, I'm not in favor of pedophilia or taking your guns. Are you insane?
As stated already, I'm simply not in favor of useless tactics that will not change anything, and therefore am uninterested in a video game boycott.
How you can get from there to pedophilia is a little hard to understand. I seriously think you need help.
Using your logic right back at you is insane? Thank you for clarifying yoru position, now go feed the chickens,
or better yet

Hyden, KY

#16 Dec 18, 2012
I missed the part where you used any logic whatsoever, much less any tactic remotely similar to anything I said.

-I said I don't support a video game boycott.

-You became heated, accused me of liberalism and being a gun control advocate.

-I pointed out that I am not a gun control advocate, reiterated my original point about the ban. That point is simply:

Parents need to decide what kind of entertainment their kids have access to, based on age and an understanding of their own child. It is not the responsibility of any company to make sure all media is appropriate for all audiences.

-You tried to parallel this stance to being okay with pedophilia.

Just hateful BS, devoid of logic.
KYMI

Leslie, MI

#18 Dec 18, 2012
or better yet wrote:
I missed the part where you used any logic whatsoever, much less any tactic remotely similar to anything I said.
-I said I don't support a video game boycott.
-You became heated, accused me of liberalism and being a gun control advocate.
-I pointed out that I am not a gun control advocate, reiterated my original point about the ban. That point is simply:
Parents need to decide what kind of entertainment their kids have access to, based on age and an understanding of their own child. It is not the responsibility of any company to make sure all media is appropriate for all audiences.
-You tried to parallel this stance to being okay with pedophilia.
Just hateful BS, devoid of logic.
You are ignorant and a liar.
or better yet

Hyden, KY

#19 Dec 18, 2012
Can we talk about the actual topic, instead of trying to accuse people of supporting gun control and pedophilia, or calling people liars for merely making observations that can be backed up by simply reading the thread?

That would be cool.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#20 Dec 20, 2012
liberal wrote:
<quoted text>i see your point, but try telling that to the kids 12 little girls and 8 little boys. didn't help them none did it.?they have no freedom any more on this earth.sad but true.a lot things needs be looked at and a logical solution made to save your family and mine and all others.
The "parent" is supposed to be the BOSS! Not a friend.

Send them outside to play! Especially in Summer ...
With watchful EYES, of course!
Guarantee ya, they will find something to DO ...
well

United States

#21 Dec 20, 2012
How about some of you parents don't buy your 10 year old child a video game that is adult rated. You all are not going to stop the production of violent video games. Hell, why don't we just stop violent movies while we're at it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pathetic so called women chasing a married man 1 hr RoLow 18
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr CriminalForever 152,034
Money Mon WYA 2
If u believe in god then ur a dumbass (Jan '11) Sun Just gotta have f... 271
why are these little girls taking pic with the ... (Jul '12) Sun Arizona 108
Borrowing money Aug 28 Sally 1
Chas Robinson Aug 28 Tanya Jones 2

Hyden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hyden Mortgages