First Prev
of 3
Next Last
embarrassed

Lancaster, WI

#1 Jun 17, 2010
I have read topix, and I have mentally evaluated the situation. I hope this message does not get to long for your attention span.

People of Hyden seem to be highly interested in their neighbor's private business. It does not occur to anyone it seems, that we all have done/do things we would not want on topix; Thereby making all of us guilty of imperfect lives.

Another problem I think that lies behind this, is simply a lack of education. Most people around here don't seem to be smart enough to discuss things that matter. Things you see on the actual news, things that affect the world. That is why their noses are instead planted firmly in their neighbors gluteus maximus.

When I was reading this web site I became very embarrassed to know that I am from Hyden, and a part of it's people, because by reading this web page one important thing became painfully clear to me. Everything they have ever said about "hicks" and "hillbillies" are true. The proof is all over this web site for the world to see.

I have one question:

Are you smart enough to be embarrassed by the existence of hyden-topix?
Yes

United States

#2 Jun 17, 2010
embarrassed wrote:
I have read topix, and I have mentally evaluated the situation. I hope this message does not get to long for your attention span.
People of Hyden seem to be highly interested in their neighbor's private business. It does not occur to anyone it seems, that we all have done/do things we would not want on topix; Thereby making all of us guilty of imperfect lives.
Another problem I think that lies behind this, is simply a lack of education. Most people around here don't seem to be smart enough to discuss things that matter. Things you see on the actual news, things that affect the world. That is why their noses are instead
planted firmly in their neighbors gluteus maximus.
When I was reading this web site I became very embarrassed to know that I am from
Hyden, and a part of it's people, because by reading this web page one important thing became painfully clear to me. Everything they have ever said about "hicks" and "hillbillies" are true. The proof is all over this web site for the world to see.
I have one question:
Are you smart enough to be embarrassed by
the existence of hyden-topix?
I AGREE. However, most here could care less about how they look.
Yes

Lancaster, WI

#3 Jun 17, 2010
I am embarresed by this website, I so not want anyone that is not from here to even see how ignorant some of the people in my county are, I have tried to start threads about current affairs & news, but never does anyone with any common knowledge responds.
I think that if more people would just mind their own business this county would be such a better place.
yes yes

Kite, KY

#4 Jun 17, 2010
The original poster is exactly right. Lack of education is the main reason behind the stupidity. Half the people who start crap on this forum are of age - most of them older pentecostal women in denim skirts and plated hair. Half of them can't even type a comprehensive sentence, not alone stop the back biting.
well

Lewisport, KY

#5 Jun 17, 2010
i cant understand anything you all have said ,think you need go back to school .
Just Traveling Thru

AOL

#6 Sep 9, 2010
Sounds as if you people have sat around and fiddled while your town has deteriorated.

“Because you know you do”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#7 Sep 9, 2010
well wrote:
i cant understand anything you all have said ,think you need go back to school .
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!

I think I just shat
Sorry to say

Deposit, NY

#8 Sep 11, 2010
embarrassed wrote:
Another problem I think that lies behind this, is simply a lack of education. Most people around here don't seem to be smart enough to discuss things that matter. Things you see on the actual news, things that affect the world. That is why their noses are instead planted firmly in their neighbors gluteus maximus.
When I was reading this web site I became very embarrassed to know that I am from Hyden, and a part of it's people, because by reading this web page one important thing became painfully clear to me. Everything they have ever said about "hicks" and "hillbillies" are true. The proof is all over this web site for the world to see.
I have one question:
Are you smart enough to be embarrassed by the existence of hyden-topix?
If you are looking for an intellegent conversation, you have come to the wrong place. If you are looking for the latest slanderous gossip, look no furhter.Topix should be removed from Hyden!
nugget

La Center, WA

#9 Sep 11, 2010
I agree, there's a lot of uneducated people in Leslie Co. but the only reason we notice this so well is because we're such a small town and not as populated as others. We're not the only County with people who don't mind their own business. Again we notice it so well because we're such a rural place. We have a lot of good people as well, who are very well educated. My mother, who just so happens to be pentecostal, wears skirts and has long hair, is a very intelligent woman (just to let you know all walks of life can be intelligent) What makes a person smart around these parts? Diploma, life experiences, self education... who knows. I agree people tend to mind their neighbors business more than their own and as long as people live and breath this will continue to be a problem. Hyden Topix is one of the worst things that ever happen to the people of Leslie Co. I often wonder when my family or I will end up on here. You don't have to even do anything to be listed here. Sometimes you never know who starts these forums, it doesn't have to be the person with no education. It could very well be somebody that's highly respected in the community, they are hidden behind the comfort of their computer. I've read some awful things on here, things I can't believe people would post and it IS embarrassing to know there's people around that say such things but again, I'm sure we're not the only place that has this problem. Topix would be a good thing if people would respect it's purpose (which I'm sure wasn't meant to slander people) That will never happen though. Anyway, I used to be interested in topx until it became flooded with forums bad mouthing first one person then another. It's a disgrace to be on topix because you know you're being put down, disrespected and put to shame. I for one would love to see topix removed, only because it's done more harm than good, and I see no purposeful reason for it. That's just my opinion.
tom

Elkhorn, WI

#10 Feb 6, 2011
poeple that live next to me have no respect for any one at logen adams apps they get drark and be yelled when you and your family are trying to sleep...they are [tiff jack]
AngelicCrotch

Lancaster, WI

#11 Apr 5, 2011
Oh hell, honey, just surf different towns on here. I went to the one in Lexington looking for the best place to take your children for an outing and found "who's the biggest hoes at the strip club". And "who's wife is sleeping with the guy who does the remodeling at the red roof inn". I went to the Syracuse New York site and saw "guess who's screwing their neighbor". So yeah, we do tend to get sucked in to the dramatic on here but so does every body else. I laugh at Hyden Topix because so many people take all this shit like it's the gospel. This place is just entertainment. I don't get embarrassed because I know it's not how I am and I really don't care what anyone else thinks of me because I know who I am. It'll be okay. Just read Hazard and Manchester, they're way worse than we are.
AngelicCrotch

Lancaster, WI

#12 Apr 5, 2011
tom wrote:
poeple that live next to me have no respect for any one at logen adams apps they get drark and be yelled when you and your family are trying to sleep...they are [tiff jack]
LOL, God love.
squaids

Harpursville, NY

#13 Apr 6, 2011
fake and gay
Response

Lancaster, WI

#14 Jul 5, 2011
The Bible says,"There is none righteous, no not one, It also says to not judge less you be judged.
That is all that goes on in this county. People are leaving in droves. The enrollment at L.C.H.S. has dropped 50% What does that tell you. Besides, the ones runnig.
Opinion Mine

Harpursville, NY

#15 Jul 6, 2011
Response wrote:
The Bible says,"There is none righteous, no not one, It also says to not judge less you be judged.
That is all that goes on in this county. People are leaving in droves. The enrollment at L.C.H.S. has dropped 50% What does that tell you. Besides, the ones runnig.
Tells me they made a good judgment and got the ell out of dodge while the going is good.
well

Lancaster, WI

#16 Jul 6, 2011
i have been all across this U.S.A lived in many states and big cities and small towns.places i was the people was not as smart as the people here that's why im back to stay.hope ever body has a nice get away.and go find them out standing places that i have found.and live there forever.happy hunting. by by ..
stupidnot

Elkhorn, WI

#17 Dec 29, 2011
yes yes wrote:
The original poster is exactly right. Lack of education is the main reason behind the stupidity. Half the people who start crap on this forum are of age - most of them older pentecostal women in denim skirts and plated hair. Half of them can't even type a comprehensive sentence, not alone stop the back biting.
That's "let alone" honey. Do you have x-ray vision that you can see who is behind the computer screen or you just don't like Pentecostals?
stupidnot

Elkhorn, WI

#18 Dec 29, 2011
yes yes wrote:
:let alone: not to mention —used especially to emphasize the improbability of a contrasting example <he would never walk again let alone play golf — Sports Illus.> <how many ever see an Ambassador or Minister, let alone a President —
very pleased

Harpursville, NY

#19 Jan 1, 2012
Someone has seen the light. This is a playground for the devil. Believe nothing on it. One person faked his own death. I cried one hour of my life for a stupid joke. Words hurt.
Johnny Appleseed

Murray, KY

#21 Apr 18, 2012
I think the people who use this needs a realty check on their on life because they ain't got anything else better to do with their own life to do other than talk about others an there problems an there life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min Curious 172,933
alyssa 1 hr Hang em High 23
Murder 1 hr Demented ppl 17
Drop a word , Add a word (Apr '12) 1 hr now 50
TDS Telecom (Jul '10) 8 hr Dana 54
social services of leslie county???????? (Sep '08) 10 hr PhD hoe bag 27
Three Word Story (Nov '08) 13 hr texas pete 1,129

Hyden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hyden Mortgages