how many people have been killed on t...

how many people have been killed on the spur?

Posted in the Hyden Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bottom of the spur

Lewisport, KY

#1 Sep 2, 2008
PLEASE BE CAREFULL BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT ANYONE HURT FROM THIS QUESTION. THANK YOU!
too many

Lewisport, KY

#2 Sep 2, 2008
I had a cousin to get killed down there in a log truck, one was too many, I wish something was done about that place, thats a long down hill grade and dangerous.
FD Member

Lewisport, KY

#3 Sep 3, 2008
There was a Collins man killed by a drunk driver just below the lights on the hill.

Debby Turner was killed where the drive to the new school will be.

A girl was killed close to where the Collins man died.

There have been at least 3 to 4 killed at the foot of the spur.

That's all I can think of. Sure wish they would put the by-pass in. Would save lives..
Daddy

Williston, SC

#4 Sep 3, 2008
over 10
yes

United States

#5 Sep 3, 2008
i remember a gas truck struck that clift at the botom of thr spure when it was first built .scared everybody in hyden.its one of our dangerouses placesin in our county.that place should be called dead strech instead of the spure.its kindly hard to understand why would th put a school in one of the dangerous places in the county .....
too

Dickson, TN

#6 Sep 3, 2008
too many. I wonder if maybe there is a way to reconstruct this spur somehow to avoid breaks from giving out. Just wondering.
Bypass

Lewisport, KY

#7 Sep 3, 2008
They were suppose to put a bypass in that went from the spur through the moutain and would come out around the high school. There was to be a bridge that went over 421 and 80 at the foot of the spur. But I dont know what happened to it. I remember seein the plans several years ago
Thats right

Lewisport, KY

#8 Sep 3, 2008
I remember hearing and reading about it in the paper but guess that's like the bridge that was suppose to be built at the high school that was to go over the road so the kids could be safe when going to the gym. George Wooton got the money approproated but guess it's like everything else went in someone's pocket.

“Ancora Imparo”

Since: Mar 08

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Sep 3, 2008
yes wrote:
i remember a gas truck struck that clift at the botom of thr spure when it was first built .scared everybody in hyden.its one of our dangerouses placesin in our county.that place should be called dead strech instead of the spure.its kindly hard to understand why would th put a school in one of the dangerous places in the county .....
Not sure if it was the same accident, but I too recall a truck hitting the cliff at the foot of the spur around 1976/77. A great fireball and smoke roiling into the air. All the kids in my class rushed to the window to see. I think even our teacher forgave us, and probably was standing behind us, staring in disbelief as well.

sad

Mount Washington, KY

#10 Sep 3, 2008
Kristy Pennington died on the spur
hyden mom

Williston, SC

#11 Sep 3, 2008
jimmy langdon's wife was killed on the spur a couple of years ago taking one of her kids to the hospital for being sick.
LucyMae

Evarts, KY

#12 Sep 3, 2008
I think there was a pop truck driver killed at the bottom of the spur. Belinda Napier turned her truck over at the bottom was lucky enough to live through it.
mom

Lewisport, KY

#13 Sep 3, 2008
well my baby girl was killed almost at the mouth of davidsons road
John

United States

#14 Sep 3, 2008
Kristy Pennington?? When and how old would she be now?
Friend

Williston, SC

#15 Sep 3, 2008
I went to school with her. She would be 31 now. She was killed in 93 I think.
some more

Lewisport, KY

#16 Sep 3, 2008
Roe Davidson was killed there, Jonathon Keen was killed in a log truck, there was another man that died there after working a double shift at one of the mines. Oh I would say at least 20 people, wouldn't you all think so?
John

United States

#17 Sep 4, 2008
Friend wrote:
I went to school with her. She would be 31 now. She was killed in 93 I think.
Did she have curly hair? I had no idea that she died! If this is the same girl I'm thinking of, she would have just graduated high school. Is this correct?
John

United States

#18 Sep 4, 2008
Would have just graduated when she died, I mean.
something

Dickson, TN

#19 Sep 4, 2008
needs to be done, surely they can figure something out and put the money to use into saving lives. Hire someone who can do the job right would be a good start.
Friend

Williston, SC

#20 Sep 4, 2008
John wrote:
Would have just graduated when she died, I mean.
Yes, she would had graduated in 95. She did have curly hair, she also went to W.B. Muncy in grade school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min CCR 165,538
Jimmy Sizemore Sat Citizen 24
Leslie county deputies Fri go get a job 5
Police corruption (Dec '15) Thu Knowledge-Houdini 34
Couple looking for a 3rd Jul 20 Digger 17
News Book Report: The Frontier Nursing Service (Feb '09) Jul 20 pearseami 52
ronnie clark Jul 19 USA 2

Hyden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance