Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81707 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#60326 Jul 4, 2012
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Don't get me wrong.

I have, in the past, had intelligent, insightful conversations on this site.

That is, until the trolls ooze in.
What is the history on this thread? Who were the first settlers? How did the invasion occur? Etc...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#60327 Jul 4, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that statement. I tried reading Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" I never made it past 1/3 of the book. Singularity string theorem leaves me scratching my head and scrambling back to a good history book!
I would not have made it that far before I became involved in reading something in regards to the Civil War and the major contributing factors, key players, and the effect it had on the developement of our country, culture, and our lives even some 150 years later.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#60328 Jul 4, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
That what beer will do for you Scruffy, no balance.
Agreed, too much will do that. But just a few will allow you to stand with one hand on the wall maintaining balance and aiming at the porcelain.
kevin

Miamisburg, OH

#60329 Jul 4, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the history on this thread? Who were the first settlers? How did the invasion occur? Etc...
It all started with "more birds fell today". Then the trolls came. And, here we are today.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#60330 Jul 4, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not have made it that far before I became involved in reading something in regards to the Civil War and the major contributing factors, key players, and the effect it had on the developement of our country, culture, and our lives even some 150 years later.
That sounds like a fascinating read - what's the title?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#60331 Jul 4, 2012
Old guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell all you want. The venerable wolf does not care about your lack of intelligence or wit and is particularly happy that you find him boring since he is not here for your entertainment. You worthless human should be ashamed of yourself teaching the youth to emulate you.
Why are you changing names, Old Scruffy Wolf Nuts?
kevin

Miamisburg, OH

#60332 Jul 4, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, too much will do that. But just a few will allow you to stand with one hand on the wall maintaining balance and aiming at the porcelain.
I'VE DONE THAT!.. LOL

Location hidden

#60333 Jul 4, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I would not have made it that far before I became involved in reading something in regards to the Civil War and the major contributing factors, key players, and the effect it had on the developement of our country, culture, and our lives even some 150 years later.
"Freemasonry and Early America" is a good read. I would love to exchange reading list with you sometime

Location hidden

#60334 Jul 4, 2012
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>It all started with "more birds fell today". Then the trolls came. And, here we are today.
No eating little cakes or drinking from a little bottle? No following a rabbit with a hat? Just straight down the rabbit hole--interesting.

Location hidden

#60335 Jul 4, 2012
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>I'VE DONE THAT!.. LOL
Everything seems fine till you look at the floor the next morning.

Location hidden

#60336 Jul 4, 2012
Always a pleasure chatting---off to workout on the elliptical for 45 minutes. Later~

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#60337 Jul 4, 2012
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>It all started with "more birds fell today". Then the trolls came. And, here we are today.
Not quite right, this was a bird topic that was hijacked as a daily gossip site by a few old farts. The same old names kept popping up day after day all day long. No one was allowed to post unless one kissed their old arses. They called it "OUR" thread. The Great Una Farter and 3 or 4 folks from Scottsville started posting, tearing up their playhouse. Now some folks The Great One knew have come in. Now here we are.

Bluewhiner from Scottsville doesn't count. He's a total moron flunky. No one in Scottsville can stand him either.
dogknot

Whiting, IN

#60338 Jul 4, 2012
MAY THIS BE THE LAST POST ON THIS STUPID THREAD! LET'S BANISH THIS FROM THIS SITE AND MAKE IT FALL INTO THE ABYSS OF TOPIX! LOL

Location hidden

#60340 Jul 4, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>Not quite right, this was a bird topic that was hijacked as a daily gossip site by a few old farts. The same old names kept popping up day after day all day long. No one was allowed to post unless one kissed their old arses. They called it "OUR" thread. The Great Una Farter and 3 or 4 folks from Scottsville started posting, tearing up their playhouse. Now some folks The Great One knew have come in. Now here we are.

Bluewhiner from Scottsville doesn't count. He's a total moron flunky. No one in Scottsville can stand him either.
Blueminer was very rude to me today -- I agree he is an ass. I'm off to workout, thanks for the info. I am going to go back and read the entire thread. Learn from history, doomed to repeat it and all that.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#60341 Jul 4, 2012
Outta left field wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds like a fascinating read - what's the title?
That is not just a single volume. I have complete library of books and DVDs regarding the Civil War. But specifically for Kentucky's involvement, I suggest a DVD "Long Road Back to Kentucky" narrated by Kentucky Author and Historian "Kent Masterson Brown".

Hardbacks include "The Civil War" as described by Ulysses S. Grant and Robert E. Lee, my favorite of "Great Battles and Leading Figures" which I use as a reference guide on short bios, and then "Charleston at War" and "Matthew Brady's Illustrated History.

We have heard much about the treatment of Union Prisoners primarily due to the movie, but one of my numerous softbacks and a good read is "The Immortal Six Hundred" by Confederate Major John Ogden Murray who depicts his life in a Union POW camp. I have visited many battle sites including Charleston, Gettysburg, Shiloh Church, Vicksburg, Chicamauga, and Mobile Bay.
facts vs lies

Campbellsville, KY

#60342 Jul 4, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I love your poster name-- it reminded me of 100 years ago (I'm old) and how I use to always lose the sunglasses she came with. I played with barbies before she had a dream house, a jet plane,or a motor home.
Like OMG I did too. Some how she managed to have a huge barbie dream pool before a house. Must have been really fun the way I left her lounging for days in it & forgot Ken was in her Volkwagon convertable...lol I bet he nearly roasted, poor thing.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#60343 Jul 4, 2012
dogknot wrote:
MAY THIS BE THE LAST POST ON THIS STUPID THREAD! LET'S BANISH THIS FROM THIS SITE AND MAKE IT FALL INTO THE ABYSS OF TOPIX! LOL
um. No. Thanks for playing
facts vs lies

Campbellsville, KY

#60344 Jul 4, 2012
Malibu barbie was always my favorite. I like the poster name too.

“Fight Like A Girl”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#60345 Jul 4, 2012
dogknot wrote:
No...No...No.....

Location hidden

#60346 Jul 4, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>That is not just a single volume. I have complete library of books and DVDs regarding the Civil War. But specifically for Kentucky's involvement, I suggest a DVD "Long Road Back to Kentucky" narrated by Kentucky Author and Historian "Kent Masterson Brown".

Hardbacks include "The Civil War" as described by Ulysses S. Grant and Robert E. Lee, my favorite of "Great Battles and Leading Figures" which I use as a reference guide on short bios, and then "Charleston at War" and "Matthew Brady's Illustrated History.

We have heard much about the treatment of Union Prisoners primarily due to the movie, but one of my numerous softbacks and a good read is "The Immortal Six Hundred" by Confederate Major John Ogden Murray who depicts his life in a Union POW camp. I have visited many battle sites including Charleston, Gettysburg, Shiloh Church, Vicksburg, Chicamauga, and Mobile Bay.
I love my KY Explorer for KY history tidbits as well. Good magazine available at Krogers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
April eversole still ugly af (Oct '17) 11 min smokestack 46
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min mdbuilder 180,057
ronnie smith 3 hr Marlboro Man 14
Polls CREEk druggies 4 hr Bobby 11
Keep it up 6 hr PhD hoe bag 39
Next county judge Tue Checked it out 7
Starving and Abused Horses on Cutshin Tue Helpthemplease 2

Hyden Jobs

Personal Finance

Hyden Mortgages