growup

London, KY

#41 Jun 27, 2013
it is a cruel thing that goes on there instead of people Hounding a little animal they need to be out working a job or doing something. I think the law of leslie county should not let this cruel thing to go on its just plain stupid..
yep

Hyden, KY

#42 Jun 28, 2013
and the chicken festival needs be shut down look at the little chickens that are killed and butchered so people can just stuff their face with them. the laws shore should stop this that's so cruel. poor little chicks tied and killed by the millions.
i never

Hyden, KY

#43 Jun 28, 2013
yep wrote:
and the chicken festival needs be shut down look at the little chickens that are killed and butchered so people can just stuff their face with them. the laws shore should stop this that's so cruel. poor little chicks tied and killed by the millions.
thought of it like that..lol..but I do like the Chicken Festival.
if you

Hyden, KY

#44 Jun 28, 2013
i never wrote:
<quoted text>
thought of it like that..lol..but I do like the Chicken Festival.
think like some their be nothing going on.you got to kill chickens to have a chicken festival.just like you got to have coons and dogs at a coon on the log and fish fry.and if you like to look at it nothing dies but the fish.and if animal act.groups show up at this and don't show up at the chicken festival then this county is being targeted my opinion.lets watch and see.
hmmm

Hyden, KY

#45 Jun 28, 2013
if you wrote:
<quoted text>think like some their be nothing going on.you got to kill chickens to have a chicken festival.just like you got to have coons and dogs at a coon on the log and fish fry.and if you like to look at it nothing dies but the fish.and if animal act.groups show up at this and don't show up at the chicken festival then this county is being targeted my opinion.lets watch and see.
I only eat one piece of chicken at the chicken festival. Does that count? Sometimes I get a funnel cake instead. lol.
Shut it down

Manchester, KY

#46 Jun 28, 2013
Wow wrote:
Wasn't that the whole reason why they put the coon in the cage was to keep it from getting hurt and hurting the other dogs? I agree I feel sorry for the coon,BUT atleast the coon is not hurt and it gets to go back to its home after all is said and done. As far as coon hunters cherishing their dogs,they don't care what their dogs go through as long as they prove themselves as a good hunting dog.Honestly I wouldn't care if it was shut down or not,but I agree with the ones that has said this has been a tradition since way back when. Just be glad that they have put that coon in the cage,cause back when they didnt,there was a lot of blood shed between the coon and the dogs.You would have shit then!
yeah, it's real safe in that cage. That's why the poor things nose was bleeding last year. How would you like to be stuck in a cage and done that way? Would you be ok with it as long as you were in a cage?! The coon should never be taken from its home and put in that cage in the first place. How would YOU like for somebody to drag you out of your house and stick you in a cage and do this just because its "tradition"? They have feelings too. They hurt and bleed just like we do. And coons are closer to human feelings and reactions than any other animal besides the monkey. It's NOT ok just because its in a cage. It's scared because it doesn't understand what's happening and it sits in the hot sun all day with no food or water. All the ppl care about is the show! And it's not ok for the hunters to treat their dogs like crap either. And as far as the "tradition since way back when", so f-ing what?! Slavery was a tradition for years too but that still didnt make it right! Anything that harms any living thing or kidnaps it from its natural home and sticks it in a situation where it's scared or injured(and it WAS last time) shouldn't happen and it SURE shouldn't be considered a tradition! Hyden is always bitching about how they need to help their county and have more tourism, but do you think people are going to visit your city when you have this kind of barbarism going on? People are going to think your town is backward and living in the dark ages. They'll think you're just a bunch of red necks and it'll keep tourists away. It already has! I know a lot of ppl who talk about this and say they'd never come there because of things just like this. And what kind of person would defend this? How could you have a heart and think its ok to torture and terrorize this poor animal. Yeah, you set it back out in the wild when you're done. Riiiggghht. Even if that were true, you've still prob caused it harm and who's to say after sitting all day in 100 degrees with no water, that it'll even survive once its set back out. It's disgusting and animal cruelty, no matter how you look at it or what excuses you make and it's gonna be shut down! You'd never think of putting a one or two year old kid in that cage and doing that. Well that animal has feelings too and that's about what it's like to treat it that way!
cool

Hyden, KY

#47 Jun 28, 2013
Shut it down wrote:
<quoted text> yeah, it's real safe in that cage. That's why the poor things nose was bleeding last year. How would you like to be stuck in a cage and done that way? Would you be ok with it as long as you were in a cage?! The coon should never be taken from its home and put in that cage in the first place. How would YOU like for somebody to drag you out of your house and stick you in a cage and do this just because its "tradition"? They have feelings too. They hurt and bleed just like we do. And coons are closer to human feelings and reactions than any other animal besides the monkey. It's NOT ok just because its in a cage. It's scared because it doesn't understand what's happening and it sits in the hot sun all day with no food or water. All the ppl care about is the show! And it's not ok for the hunters to treat their dogs like crap either. And as far as the "tradition since way back when", so f-ing what?! Slavery was a tradition for years too but that still didnt make it right! Anything that harms any living thing or kidnaps it from its natural home and sticks it in a situation where it's scared or injured(and it WAS last time) shouldn't happen and it SURE shouldn't be considered a tradition! Hyden is always bitching about how they need to help their county and have more tourism, but do you think people are going to visit your city when you have this kind of barbarism going on? People are going to think your town is backward and living in the dark ages. They'll think you're just a bunch of red necks and it'll keep tourists away. It already has! I know a lot of ppl who talk about this and say they'd never come there because of things just like this. And what kind of person would defend this? How could you have a heart and think its ok to torture and terrorize this poor animal. Yeah, you set it back out in the wild when you're done. Riiiggghht. Even if that were true, you've still prob caused it harm and who's to say after sitting all day in 100 degrees with no water, that it'll even survive once its set back out. It's disgusting and animal cruelty, no matter how you look at it or what excuses you make and it's gonna be shut down! You'd never think of putting a one or two year old kid in that cage and doing that. Well that animal has feelings too and that's about what it's like to treat it that way!
and shut down the chicken festival to have you see how them poor old chickens live in a cement and steal house with lights turned 24 7 they never get any sleep they only can set and eat. then they picked up 8 put in one crate stacked in a old truck haled to the killing house. then hung upside down their necks sliced then let bleed to death. that's animal abuse all the way. no way around it.shut them down.make them eat corn.for their festival.
Im sure glad

Hyden, KY

#48 Jun 29, 2013
cool wrote:
<quoted text>and shut down the chicken festival to have you see how them poor old chickens live in a cement and steal house with lights turned 24 7 they never get any sleep they only can set and eat. then they picked up 8 put in one crate stacked in a old truck haled to the killing house. then hung upside down their necks sliced then let bleed to death. that's animal abuse all the way. no way around it.shut them down.make them eat corn.for their festival.
..I'm not a chicken..but I'd be a chicken if you were a chicken..
Local

Hyden, KY

#49 Jun 29, 2013
Shut it down wrote:
<quoted text> yeah, it's real safe in that cage. That's why the poor things nose was bleeding last year. How would you like to be stuck in a cage and done that way? Would you be ok with it as long as you were in a cage?! The coon should never be taken from its home and put in that cage in the first place. How would YOU like for somebody to drag you out of your house and stick you in a cage and do this just because its "tradition"? They have feelings too. They hurt and bleed just like we do. And coons are closer to human feelings and reactions than any other animal besides the monkey. It's NOT ok just because its in a cage. It's scared because it doesn't understand what's happening and it sits in the hot sun all day with no food or water. All the ppl care about is the show! And it's not ok for the hunters to treat their dogs like crap either. And as far as the "tradition since way back when", so f-ing what?! Slavery was a tradition for years too but that still didnt make it right! Anything that harms any living thing or kidnaps it from its natural home and sticks it in a situation where it's scared or injured(and it WAS last time) shouldn't happen and it SURE shouldn't be considered a tradition! Hyden is always bitching about how they need to help their county and have more tourism, but do you think people are going to visit your city when you have this kind of barbarism going on? People are going to think your town is backward and living in the dark ages. They'll think you're just a bunch of red necks and it'll keep tourists away. It already has! I know a lot of ppl who talk about this and say they'd never come there because of things just like this. And what kind of person would defend this? How could you have a heart and think its ok to torture and terrorize this poor animal. Yeah, you set it back out in the wild when you're done. Riiiggghht. Even if that were true, you've still prob caused it harm and who's to say after sitting all day in 100 degrees with no water, that it'll even survive once its set back out. It's disgusting and animal cruelty, no matter how you look at it or what excuses you make and it's gonna be shut down! You'd never think of putting a one or two year old kid in that cage and doing that. Well that animal has feelings too and that's about what it's like to treat it that way!
Leslie county will never have anything due to the shit that's in it. It will always be a one horse town,and when they loose all the coal severence money it will be a ghost town. No one wants to come to this pathetic county and it's not just becuase of one little piss poor tradition they do once a month. I could care less if it gets shut down or stays going. You're little animal rights people has known about this going for years and years and they never cared to come and shut down before,you're not the only one that is screaming animal cruelty.It's Leslie County..NO ONE CARES! If someone did care then this county wouldn't be the way it is now. Dopeland! Since everyone is kin to "the big people" in this town nothing is ever done. So go ahead and do what you wanna do and pat yourself on the shoulder if you do get it shut down,but don't be surprised if nothing happens.
Oh and the whole thing about the chicken festival.Dang you all go over board,but yeah I won't be surprised if the vegans and animal rights people don't start having a fit over that.
speaking of

Hyden, KY

#50 Jun 29, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Leslie county will never have anything due to the shit that's in it. It will always be a one horse town,and when they loose all the coal severence money it will be a ghost town. No one wants to come to this pathetic county and it's not just becuase of one little piss poor tradition they do once a month. I could care less if it gets shut down or stays going. You're little animal rights people has known about this going for years and years and they never cared to come and shut down before,you're not the only one that is screaming animal cruelty.It's Leslie County..NO ONE CARES! If someone did care then this county wouldn't be the way it is now. Dopeland! Since everyone is kin to "the big people" in this town nothing is ever done. So go ahead and do what you wanna do and pat yourself on the shoulder if you do get it shut down,but don't be surprised if nothing happens.
Oh and the whole thing about the chicken festival.Dang you all go over board,but yeah I won't be surprised if the vegans and animal rights people don't start having a fit over that.
vegans, lol, I saw some purses advertised that claimed to be "vegan leather". I have no idea what that is, I guess just a fancy shmancy name for vinyl.
Kentucky Fried

New York, NY

#51 Jun 29, 2013
Move to NYC then u n all the smart people can tell each other what to do.
If you splattered a coon in the road would u stop and have a funeral for it? If one was in your attic destroying your property, u b cool with that? Its an animal in a cage being used for a dog competion. Get real u commie do gooders, live and let live.
I Care

Hyden, KY

#52 Jul 4, 2013
This Coon On A Log is scheduled for July 6 we need to contact animal rights people asap. Peta, Humane Society of the US and any others. Please if anyone knows who else we need to call please post. This needs to stop!!!! Find something else to do stupid people! How can you women of Leslie Co stand around and allow your children to watch these men treat a poor, helpless animal this way? God speaks of doing good in the bible and in my book this is not good. What will you say to God when questioned for your cruelty? Think about it people what would God say? Call the animal people make sure they are in Leslie County on July 6th lets shut this down!!!
noo

Hyden, KY

#53 Jul 4, 2013
what's wrong with you ? i like the coon on the dog,that's lots fun and worth watching.see that old coon whip the old dog pop it under water let it get smell what the river smell like. that's cool,your problem is you don't know how enjoy stuff.i bet you hate swamp people, how they shoot that old gator in the head.at least they don't shoot the dog or coon..if they try shut down the dog on the coon, then swamp people is gone off tv. that's gator abuse.
i have

Hyden, KY

#54 Jul 4, 2013
never been to the coon on the log, but if it's in a cage that might not be too bad. But I don't really care for it either.
jessie

Hyden, KY

#55 Jul 5, 2013
The buying tickets and drawing for prizes is crocked last time i went the coots bunch from greasy won every prize. nobody can win every thing there but the one family did.
this

Hyden, KY

#56 Jul 5, 2013
is the last day Adams hard wear be open today .they be closed for good. after today ,that leaves just the court house subway and Hortain's and a hair cut place open down town.and some law offices and the bank.their no parking places for a business down town the rest will have to move before long.down town hyden was a bus stop town.the buses and taxi quit the town began to die.in 10 yrs other towns will spring up .one in the wooton and cutshin area ,another in the middlefork, beach fork stinnett area.
seems like

Hyden, KY

#57 Jul 5, 2013
this wrote:
is the last day Adams hard wear be open today .they be closed for good. after today ,that leaves just the court house subway and Hortain's and a hair cut place open down town.and some law offices and the bank.their no parking places for a business down town the rest will have to move before long.down town hyden was a bus stop town.the buses and taxi quit the town began to die.in 10 yrs other towns will spring up .one in the wooton and cutshin area ,another in the middlefork, beach fork stinnett area.
it sure is going down..
to some

Hyden, KY

#58 Jul 6, 2013
seems like wrote:
<quoted text>
it sure is going down..
it seems like that, but i think its good.and you are right but what was their worth anything anyways ? nothing that worth half of what you or me or the other person would have offered.
well

Hyden, KY

#59 Jul 6, 2013
What time is coon on a log today?
do you

Hyden, KY

#60 Jul 6, 2013
to some wrote:
<quoted text>it seems like that, but i think its good.and you are right but what was their worth anything anyways ? nothing that worth half of what you or me or the other person would have offered.
know if anything else is going to be put in it's place?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 26 min Paul 170,633
Kentucky Constables: Untrained And Unaccountable 1 hr Informed 1
Hyden double Kwik BP 3 hr former employee 49
Sewage smell in town 5 hr Just sayin 8
crank heads in Leslie county... destroying thei... 5 hr Fsp 2
LCHS Cheerleading coach 18 hr Middlefork 8
Prostitution ring in Leslie county Sat Anxious 1

Hyden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hyden Mortgages