im glade

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

that dumb ppl like u still exsist on the plant earth well for ur info im not who u think i am i am a proud parent of five kids and babbie i could work curcules around u and guess what all ur doin is hurting urself by puting stuff like this on the internett u know take it from a person that knows abusing a person publiclie is what this is and for ur wonting rights dont sound to me like u need eny dame rights caues person that would put personal stuff like this on here isnt worth talking to about a kid u know this burnns me up yes i guess u wont to put ur litttle tag agine well go head sounds like u dint know best grandma take care of ur kids hunny dont lett no boudy tell u what to do if ur good mom it will show do what u know is right and thats cool dont let no boudy make u feel like ur less becaues there attached to a child and think they know best thats bull u know
omg

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

good moms and dads get harast all the time like this getting took to court over there kids looks so nice when the grannny and pappie is taking care of our kids what the heck is ppl comeing too good luck in court i hop u winn god bless u and ur kids u know i dont know what the deal is here in ky but its like if u have kids one person is suppose to work and the other is suppose to stay home and rais the kids caues grand parents dont wont to help u and ur kids they just wont to take them period i woundeir if they ever worked and keep a stable home its not as easy as it seems.
Been there and back again

Albany, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

I did read the law was up for review in Aug of 2012 and may have been reverse, but until then there were most certainly grandparent visitation rights in KY and they could be enforced against still married biological parents of a child if the grandparents did not feel they were getting enough time with the child. After a family incident I told my in-laws my child would not be returning to their home until we had sat down and talked and they had apologized for meddling. Three weeks later my husband and I were served and spent the next several years in court. the grandparents were awarded 24 hour visitation every week (more than a non-custodial parent gets. Later when I went to work,Largely to help pay the legal bills, I was told I could not put my child in a state licensed daycare on my way to work, but instead had to take him 15 miles out of my way so his grandparents could watch him. I was told I was " ungrateful and financially irresponsible for wanting to spend money on day care when there were loving family members willing and able to watch the child at no cost..." I was also told that attempting to keep a child from responsible people who love him was abusive and if the judge saw us back there he would gladly entertain a petition for full custody from the grandparents. And yes, all of this started because I dared to ask my in-laws 1) to sit down and discuss some of the rules my husband and I had for our child which were not being enforced at their house, and to apologize for getting in the middle of something they knew nothing about. I'm sure there are those who won't believe me so please feel free to Google Vibbert VS Vibbert.
im glade wrote:
a judg told me that there no grand parents rights in the state of kentucky. that crap some one typt up there is crap and they know it thats a scarre tackteckt before the u know half the time parents find out that its just a scarr thing the damag usually is already done shame on u ppl i could undearstand if a parnet is on dop or somthing like that or wregly being abuseive but i went through alot with my kids and trust me proubly go throu a lot more in 5 or 10 more years but the this is the point u wont to make things wright with ur kids and try to rais the grand kids this doesnt work its a failing thing for even trying it its sicolougical that means u need to see a sicytrist we have on at hyden called kentucky comp care
welll

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

weeeellllll
lvscats63

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

my son gave up his rights to his two children from a former marriage. my question is do i have grandparent rights to visit the children even though he has not rights with the children...not visitation, no financial responsibility, etc.
Grand parent rights

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

I have read all this and i am saddened to see just what is put on here, First there are some grandparents that no they should not have rights but there are many like myself that are good grandparents and can not see their grand child. Not by something I done but by not giving money to see her, I have not seen her in almost 4 years now and it breaks my heart. I tried with everything in me to get rights and I was told I have to prove to a judge IF I could get one to hear the case that me not seeing the child was mentally or physically hurting the child and would cost 20,000.00 in legal fees alone and still may get ruled against seeing her. So I have kept every email, voice mail and message sent to me from her mother and when she turns 18 I will let her decide for herself why she could not see me. Parents who are using the kid out of anger against the other parent should take sometime and think just what they are doing to the child. I love my granddaughter and will never be able to get those memories that should have been made and it sure isnt because of lack of trying if only trying worked I would see her every other weekend if trying made a difference.
well

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

u all talk like u have been angels sence u where yung with kids i dont think so i hop grand parents never gets rights and the reason why they would use it in the wrong way to just like they do with social serveses see ppl dont ppl thyally ur kids will get took caues advenchally u will get a smart ass or some one thats spitfull and that knows u for a worker thats wants to be a hippocrit take kids and u and the parents dont get to see the kids
Debra

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Bologna. If you can prove that you have/had a pass relationship with that child you can be granted rights
been thereon

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Check out Blair vs Walker KY supreme court a fit parent ia presumed capable of decisions concerning THEIR child. I am a grandparent who deeply loves my grandkids. But they are their parents children, not mine. Do what is best for the kids, not anyone else. They need their parents first and foremost.
most

Wooton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

all gran parents love their gran kids.a gran parent is a luxury to a gran kid .in the gran parents extra time.but the gran parents don't suppose to raise them. that's all parents job as long as they are living and are able to raise them.kids belong with mom and dad not gran pa. and gran ma.
yes

Wooton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

most wrote:
all gran parents love their gran kids.a gran parent is a luxury to a gran kid .in the gran parents extra time.but the gran parents don't suppose to raise them. that's all parents job as long as they are living and are able to raise them.kids belong with mom and dad not gran pa. and gran ma.
Amen to that. There are too many grandparents having to raise grandchildren because the parents are to sorry. Unless the parents are dead, or EXREMELY sick, there is NO EXCUSE for the parents not raising their own children. Birth control is readily available and effective in preventing pregnancy. Grandparents have already raised their own children and should be able to enjoy their older years instead of having to raise-or even babysit daily-grandchildren. Grandparents should see and keep grandchildren ONLY when they themselves want to do so. Child dumping is a shame and a disgrace.
What

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that. There are too many grandparents having to raise grandchildren because the parents are to sorry. Unless the parents are dead, or EXREMELY sick, there is NO EXCUSE for the parents not raising their own children. Birth control is readily available and effective in preventing pregnancy. Grandparents have already raised their own children and should be able to enjoy their older years instead of having to raise-or even babysit daily-grandchildren. Grandparents should see and keep grandchildren ONLY when they themselves want to do so. Child dumping is a shame and a disgrace.
about the drugged up parents who spend everything they have, what their kids have, and anything they can steal to get their high.
yes

Wooton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

What wrote:
<quoted text>
about the drugged up parents who spend everything they have, what their kids have, and anything they can steal to get their high.
Yes those are usually the sort who dump their children. But then I have seen non drug users dump their kids plenty too.
sunshine

Sellersburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

I wish that grandparents did have rights in regards to them going into foster care and adoption. I have been trying to see my two grand babies since July 2011. now I find out they are being put up for adoption and the judge gives me a no contact order when the Cabinet ask if I can visit. I just don't understand.
From a mother

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Each circumstance is different, So this is a tough issue but in moste cases,...
I , as a mother, think that Grand parents should not have rights because they are not the Child's parent ! My situation is not a normal one and thus I as the mother do not want my child to have contact with the paternal grand parents because their son/the father, is a sexuial-criminal so, no, I do not want the father or his family to have rights to my child! They should have no rights to my child! I want protection for my child and I think the law should protect my self and my child from these people who I do not want in our lives! I have a legitimate reason why I don't want the grand parents to have any rights and I hope the law will continue to protect parents and their children.
I Agree

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

From a mother wrote:
I , as a mother, think that Grand parents should not have rights because they are not the Child's parent ! My situation is not a normal one and thus I as the mother do not want my child to have contact with the paternal grand parents because their son/the father, is a sexuial-criminal so, no, I do not want the father or his family to have rights to my child! They should have no rights to my child! I want protection for my child and I think the law should protect my self and my child from these people who I do not want in our lives! I have a legitimate reason why I don't want the grand parents to have any rights and I hope the law will continue to protect parents and their children.
with you to a point. NO child molester should have custody of a child; or anything else. But so many of the foster homes they are put in molest them too. So why don't the parents just get their act together, grow up, and raise their own children so someone else wont have to do it.
sunshine

Leesville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

From a mother wrote:
. yes each one is different. but don't punish the grandparents for something the son did unless you know that they are as messed up as he is. now days children r being violated in daycares and teachers r coming on to their students. where does it end? I put my trust in God. bad things happens to good people but we do our best to keep that from happenings. I've been in yo shoes but with the help of Jesus in my life I can forgive and move on. u do what you have to. I will keep u in my prayers.
Have

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

sunshine wrote:
I wish that grandparents did have rights in regards to them going into foster care and adoption. I have been trying to see my two grand babies since July 2011. now I find out they are being put up for adoption and the judge gives me a no contact order when the Cabinet ask if I can visit. I just don't understand.
you talked to an attorney? If you don't have any feloneys or other indictments against you, you might have a chance of getting them.
concerned mom

Simpsonville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

My in laws are evil they are harassing my husband and I to &#65279;the point of costing us jobs and they actually managed to have our children taken away from us now my mother in law is taking us to court for visitation rights and I believe if she could see my son it would hurt him way more than it would benifit him
informed ky grandparent

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/krs/405-00/021.pdf
Here is the court document that gives you your rights as a grandparent in Kentucky.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of197
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Hyden Forum right now

Search the Hyden Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OBama Needs To Go (Jul '09) 6 min Former 14,336
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Cornelius Scudmister 144,999
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr SNYB 128,057
Stinnett Elem Cheerleading 1 hr who is 3
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 hr Poles 26,170
Thief herb wells 7 hr Heh 3
On the spur 8 hr wow 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hyden Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000