Grandparents Rights in Kentucky

Posted in the Hyden Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
A Grandparent

United States

#1 Dec 28, 2008
can anyone tell me if there is grandparents rights in KY? And if not can you tell me why not?
hahahah

Mayfield, KY

#2 Dec 28, 2008
No. I can inform you there is no grandparent rights in the state of KY. I know this for a FACT. And the reason there are none is because some grandparents are so doped out they cannot take care of themselves much less a grandchild. And to think they deserve a right to a grandchild. Dont think so.
Hello

AOL

#3 Dec 28, 2008
I've heard the only way a grandparent can push their rights to a grandchild is if the child of the grandparent is deceased.
OH YEAH

United States

#4 Dec 28, 2008
Well , i'm not a grandparent, but there are some good ones out there that really help with their grand children, if it wasnt for some, some kids wouldnt be taken care of. i know some that are wonderful, i wish my kids had grand parents like them.
hahahah

Mayfield, KY

#5 Dec 28, 2008
They still cannot get rights. Not in the state of KY.
mezzed up

Dahlonega, GA

#6 Dec 28, 2008
hahahah wrote:
No. I can inform you there is no grandparent rights in the state of KY. I know this for a FACT. And the reason there are none is because some grandparents are so doped out they cannot take care of themselves much less a grandchild. And to think they deserve a right to a grandchild. Dont think so.
well let me tell you something you bastard just because your grandparents are like that dont mean all them are my mother try to get grandparents rights and they told her they was none i am in the procese right now people to change this i hope i am working with people in frankfort to try to get this change so just keep trying no matter what people have to say
well if u ask me

Williston, SC

#7 Dec 29, 2008
Some parents use the children to get back at the grandparents by not letting the grandparents see them. That is sad. If the grandparents are good, decent people, then the parent should allow the child to see them. However, there are situations in which the grandparents are NOT good and decent and in those cases the parent must use their own judgement. Speaking from my own experience, I had trouble with one of my parents, and found myself in the most horrible situation imaginable. I often wonder at the fact that I made it out with my sanity intact. Anyway, my parent used to holler "grandparents rights" and threaten to take me to court, etc. etc. This person never took me to court by the way, because they really did not care about the child, or me either, it was just their way to harass and just generally put me through hell. And I can tell you, that any judge that would have given that person grandparents rights would have gotten a good butt kicking from me. I kept my child away from my parent and my child is 100% better off because of it. As a parent you have to decide what is best for your child. Not out of spite, but out of wisdom.
grandparent

Harpursville, NY

#8 Dec 29, 2008
i am a grandparent and my family would not be able to work like they do . they souley depend on me to take care of kids .i dont see how some parents are caple of takiing care of kids .thay stay so doped up .
mezzed up

Dahlonega, GA

#9 Dec 29, 2008
Hello wrote:
I've heard the only way a grandparent can push their rights to a grandchild is if the child of the grandparent is deceased.
well that does not matter my mother lost her son in a car wreak and she still cannot get grandparents right but like i said i am fighting to change this
obama your momma

Hazard, KY

#10 Dec 29, 2008
there arent grandparents rights but, i think if the parent that has custody is shitty then the noncustodial parent should be awarded custody and if he wants to share it with the grandparents he can, especially if they have raised the child since the custodial parent is a fuck up!!! thats what the system gets for awarding custody to females automatically then hitting the male for child support out the ass, when he would be a better parent than the female would!!! messed up system from way back and needs to be ammended somehow cause its too easy for females too lie to guys get knocked up and have a baby just to get a check or welfare...what say so does the guy have...all of this "oh its a womens body" is bullshit!!! if a women wants the child and the man dont then she should take care of it and the same goes for the male. there has to be a better way, i know it takes two to tango but when it comes down to it the male has absolutely no say, only thing he can do is get his throat swabbed and ask how much he owes a month. BULLSHIT!!!
reformed

Cleveland, GA

#11 Dec 29, 2008
Something does need to be done about this. I like many young people around here got on drugs after having my son. I denied my problem for awhile but then my life began to spiral out of control, I was in and out of jail and always looking for that next fix. One day I woke up and realized that this was not the kind of life I wanted to live nor the kind of life I wanted my child to live. So I gave my parents temporary custody until I could get the help I needed. That was a job in itself though. My dad had some trafficing charges from 15 years ago, he spent almost 10 years in the pen and came out a truly changed man. Well social services fought me tooth and nail not wanting to give my child to my parents, finally a judge in a different county just overrode social services recommendation and my child got to be with my parents until I completed my treatment. I know many other grandparents who have had lots of trouble trying to get rights to their grandchildren as well. I wish I knew what I could do to help pass a granparents law in our state because I would lobby hard for it.
FREE THINKER

Hazard, KY

#12 Dec 29, 2008
im all for whats best for the child...but like obama said the man does get screwed over alot, because he dont have a say in anything that goes on. and the judge usually agrees with the female when you go to court.. need to start pluggin these women up after they have 2 kids so they cant abuse the system like the eteps over in the bottom, having kid after kid to keep the checks and the earn-income credit coming in and they havent worked at nothing and have new trailers and new cars and pockets full of cash. just another messed up system in the good ole US of A
Grandparent

United States

#13 Dec 29, 2008
Thanks for all the feed back but we do need grandparents rights in KY because all I want is to see my grandson and let him know all about his daddy who died in a auto accident working for that baby and it's mother and now he is almost 2 months old and I have never seen him or held him in my arms and from what pics I have seen he looks just like his daddy and God knows I would never do anything to hurt that baby or it's mother the people that the mother stays with is telling her if she lets me see the baby I will run off with it but God knows I would never do that because I have had a child took from me and I would never do her that way. I just wished that I could talk to her and then I would tell her she needs to come home.
Someone that knows

United States

#14 Dec 29, 2008
i know a lot of grandparents that would love to get custody of their grandbabies but can't because their son/daughter will not get a "real job" or get off drugs long enough to help them have a say so in their childs life!

the man does NOT get screwed over in court as long as he has a good job & is not on drugs, he CAN get custody for his child/children...that is if he wants it bad enough! some just let it go and blame others for their own wrong doings!
your time will come

Manchester, KY

#15 Dec 29, 2008
Grandparent wrote:
Thanks for all the feed back but we do need grandparents rights in KY because all I want is to see my grandson and let him know all about his daddy who died in a auto accident working for that baby and it's mother and now he is almost 2 months old and I have never seen him or held him in my arms and from what pics I have seen he looks just like his daddy and God knows I would never do anything to hurt that baby or it's mother the people that the mother stays with is telling her if she lets me see the baby I will run off with it but God knows I would never do that because I have had a child took from me and I would never do her that way. I just wished that I could talk to her and then I would tell her she needs to come home.
just keep holding on and in time your patience will be rewarded and that parent keeping you all apart will someday soon come to the right decission and allow to to hold the most precious of gods gift, a grandchild knows from your tone,touch and hugs and kisses who is true,and you will soon have your time,you are going to have your time,soon i hope
ForReals

London, KY

#16 Dec 29, 2008
Grandparents should not have visitation rights in KY or anywhere. The kids belong to the parents and them alone. Unless the parents have been proven to be negligent the grandparents should have no say-so in the lives of their granchildren.
War of the Words

Williston, SC

#17 Dec 29, 2008
ForReals wrote:
Grandparents should not have visitation rights in KY or anywhere. The kids belong to the parents and them alone. Unless the parents have been proven to be negligent the grandparents should have no say-so in the lives of their granchildren.
I'm inclined to agree with you.
grandchildren

Manchester, KY

#18 Dec 29, 2008
yes,punish the small loving children that dare to feel the love of a caring grandparent,keep them from more love.if a parent gives love and a grandparent gives love ,sure sounds like a good case to let the grandchildren win,put adult issues aside life is to short.funny i bet the case of grandparent rights is small compared to the the number of parents that respect,and appreciate what most grandparents add to the childs benefit.
A Grandparent

United States

#19 Dec 29, 2008
ForReals wrote:
Well it seems to me that you may have a child that you do not let the grandparents see well I feel sorry for you and your child all I want is to see my grandson and as far as the parents having all the say so over their kids I agree except this child I am talking about its father is in heaven and we are the only people who will tell this child about its father because the mother and the people she lives with will not even tell this little boy his daddy's name and thats sad. All I want is to love my grandson its not like I am trying to take him away from her I would never do that to her or anyone.
Someone that knows

United States

#20 Dec 29, 2008
NOT all grandparents are GRAND though LOL! Keep that in mind!

Majority of the time, when parents doesn't want their grandparents around they must have GOOD reasons for that matter! Good responsible parents knows best for their own children! But, if its out of spite than i would understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lonnie Napier abusing power 5 min Sweets is psycho 4
Sam Napier predator 14 min PhD hoe bag 4
laundry detergent that came with free glassware (Dec '09) 41 min PhD hoe bag 241
How to make big fluffy biscuits 44 min Username 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Wisdom of Ages 174,936
jack wooton/jessica wells (Apr '15) 12 hr PhD hoe bag 14
Who cheating who in leslie co 14 hr Only in love once 4

Hyden Jobs

Personal Finance

Hyden Mortgages