Vt. woman to be charged in baby's ove...

Vt. woman to be charged in baby's overdose death

There are 14 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Oct 25, 2010, titled Vt. woman to be charged in baby's overdose death. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

A 53-year-old Vermont woman is facing a second-degree murder charge in the drugging death of her 4-month-old grandson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

jway

Tuscumbia, AL

#1 Oct 25, 2010
Granny was only wanting the little one to chill out so she could smoke a fat one and meditate. Now what person in their right mind would do such a thing? Or sneak drugs into a jail in baby's pooped pants?
Brian

Windsor, CT

#2 Oct 25, 2010
The poor child.
Bradford Hutchingson

Keene, NH

#3 Oct 25, 2010
HEY! I have a *GREAT* idea! It will get rid of the "drug problem" once and for all! Let's make some drugs illegal, regardless of their safety or toxicity, and other drugs we'll require a prescription for! Some drugs, we'll to after with all the weapons of an Army. Other drugs, we'll give away for almost free. We'll call that component "Part D". Then, we'll advertise drugs all over TV, and push drugs in Doctors' offices. Sure, sometimes some kid will die from Doctors' drugs, but that's just the acceptable collateral damage,- unavoidable,- doncha know? I can see it now! Yup! With my plan, we'll lick this "drug problem" once and for all! Let's call it "The War on Drugs"! Is *THAT* a *GREAT IDEA*, or WHAT???...Too bad President Nixon didn't think of a "War on Drugs" sooner, huh? I wonder what President Ford will do next???...poor kid. Rest in peace, little one. Rest in Peace. I need a beer...
Sick of it

Harwich, MA

#4 Oct 26, 2010
Not sure which is worse; this tragic story or the lame VY ad with Cersassimo saying he'd do anything to keep the VY plant open.

One is a victim of stupidity; the other a stupid victim.
flat lander

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#5 Oct 26, 2010
she offed her parents too.
Another BF mom

Alexandria, VA

#6 Oct 26, 2010
Hmmm...not getting the connection of a baby's death to a plug to legalize pot. If anything it shows what we can expect more of.
It's so sad that an innocent angel was the victim of such selfishness. I pray for those who loved him and will miss him and that somehow something will be learned by this.
Westminster Resident

Bellows Falls, VT

#7 Oct 26, 2010
She should be charged but being a woman will more than likely get a slap on the hand. Why do people think its ok to give babies medicine. It seems that's the third step in calming a baby these days, feed them, change them and if all else fails give them some medicine.
Westminster Resident

Bellows Falls, VT

#8 Oct 26, 2010
you all are for lack of better words f***ed on here, a woman killed her grandson and all any of you can go on about is legalizing pot and VY! WTF???
jway

Tuscumbia, AL

#9 Oct 26, 2010
Westminster. NO.{1.) Mine was meant to be out and out slander NOT SUPPORT. If they legalize pot they will be blowing smoke into their faces to calm the kids.
Calm

Bethel, VT

#10 Oct 26, 2010
Sounds like someone who might not have a brain together enough to be taking care of kids. There are a lot of people like this in our communities. No more group homes? If we really care about children, we need to re-open the group homes for adults whose brains just don't hold together with chemical duct tape.
WHAT

Newfane, VT

#11 Oct 27, 2010
JWAY, that was a stupid comment. Just b/c people smoke pot or if they legalize it, it doesn't mean people will smoke it in front of their kids. One thing I CANNOT stand is to see people cigarette smoking in their cars or homes with children. Not saying all smokers do that, and I know many who do NOT smoke in front of their kids, period!
sadden

Westland, MI

#12 Oct 27, 2010
Well I have no idea how you all turned this into pot smoking and VY. The sad matter here is that a child has died meaninglessly because the grandmother could not tolerate the crying. She should of called his parents to come take him or asked them for help and tell them she could not handle the situation. To give a baby an adults medication is just off the wall, nobody would do that , in their right mind. This child died because of abuse and neglect period.
I am sorry but the parent of this child having grown up with this woman must of known what kind of woman her mother was. Why she chose to trust her with her child is yet to be known.
Sue

Putney, VT

#13 Oct 27, 2010
jway wrote:
Westminster. NO.{1.) Mine was meant to be out and out slander NOT SUPPORT. If they legalize pot they will be blowing smoke into their faces to calm the kids.
jway, your comments continue to be idiotic - whether about the murder of this innocent child or your support of VY. Why do you even bother to expose your ignorance?
flat lander

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#14 Oct 27, 2010
she is having a bad run with the law and needs a break so she can get back to work offing more people. She is good at what she does and needs the court to help her to be a nurse again maybe in a elderly housing to make more room for the list.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyde Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vermont brewery told to change beer name (Oct '09) Jul '15 Bosash187 23
News Quarry, business expansion, community safety ho... (Oct '14) Oct '14 not in Halton Hills 1
News Guelph-Eramosa candidates try to convince voter... (Oct '14) Oct '14 No Hope for Halton 1
News Leaders reflect on racism one year later (Jun '09) Mar '14 Flat Lander 9
News Police: Albany man dies from CO poisoning (Dec '13) Dec '13 Richard_ 1
Lamoille Sheriff - What's The Deal? Murder Hidden? (Dec '13) Dec '13 Moscowman 1
News Prank backfires for Hyde Park volunteer firefig... (May '12) May '12 Moscowman 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hyde Park Mortgages