Emmer sued by McLeod County contracto...

Emmer sued by McLeod County contractor in legal malpractice dispute

There are 39 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 8, 2010, titled Emmer sued by McLeod County contractor in legal malpractice dispute. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A McLeod County contractor has accused Republican gubernatorial candidate Tom Emmer of malpractice over a 2009 financial dispute in which Emmer represented him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lake

United States

#1 Oct 8, 2010
Looks like Emmer must be pulling ahead in this race. The DFL and the local news media (but I repeat myself) pull some bull crap to slime the Republican candidate. With not enough time before the election for the public to fully realize it is a coordinated attack of the news media and the Democrat Party, they hope to fool the good people of Minnesota. Don't be fooled people. Dayton would be a disaster for this state.
speedy

Kansas City, MO

#2 Oct 8, 2010
Of course Dayton would be a disaster, or should we say, feeding the ongoing disaster?
So Emmer is sued? Big deal. In our law suit happy society you are not cool if you haven't sued or been sued. Yeah sick but true.
Rumors

Elk River, MN

#4 Oct 9, 2010
I have heard rumors that Hackbarth has some sort of deal with the democrat party on this one. If it's true, I wouldn't be surprised, because the democrats will do anything to win. When I say anything, I mean anything.
Bud

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Oct 9, 2010
Based on Better Business Bureau files, Hackbarth Roofing has a BBB Rating of D- on a scale from A+ to F.
http://www.bbb.org/minnesota/business-reviews...

I wouldn't have this company roof my house.
Turnabout is fair play

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Oct 9, 2010
Emmer, taste your own bullying tactics. Sue your neighbor, business partner, building contractors, everyone in sight. Now you are vulnerable and you are going down. When the kicking starts, protect your head.

Haw.
vetinwbl

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Oct 9, 2010
Emmer the class president of the spend now and default later group founded by Gov Pawlenty
Robin Hood

United States

#11 Oct 9, 2010
Lake wrote:
Looks like Emmer must be pulling ahead in this race. The DFL and the local news media (but I repeat myself) pull some bull crap to slime the Republican candidate. With not enough time before the election for the public to fully realize it is a coordinated attack of the news media and the Democrat Party, they hope to fool the good people of Minnesota. Don't be fooled people. Dayton would be a disaster for this state.
Actually, after the disaster that exists now in the world of T-Paw, Dayton would actually be quite an upgrade. Also, the latest polls are showing Dayton actually pulling ahead and Horner siphons moderate Republican votes that Emmer needs to pull off a win.
republican

United States

#13 Oct 9, 2010
Rumors wrote:
I have heard rumors that Hackbarth has some sort of deal with the democrat party on this one. If it's true, I wouldn't be surprised, because the democrats will do anything to win. When I say anything, I mean anything.
I hear this republican emmer is an incompetent lawyer, so! how does he expect to govern a state if he can`t even handle a small case.
republican

United States

#14 Oct 9, 2010
typical republican, always blame somebody else for ther failures, just pass the buck.
republican

United States

#15 Oct 9, 2010
Really wrote:
Hoppin where is your research on Dayton and his past? I guess you democrats do not want the public to know about his womanizing drug using alcohol induce funk he is in. You never mention that he never has made a dime in the private sector. No he gets his money from daddy. No you chose headlines where some tLawyer sueing. Don't you think the timing is kinda opportunistic for you dems? 3 weeks before an election but never fear you ace reporter are on the job!
your talking about republican president george walker bush your talking about, bush was a drug and alcohol user and had no money and was a womanizer.
seniors for dayton

United States

#16 Oct 9, 2010
Lake wrote:
we seniors will put dayton over the top, to be governor of minnesota.
fruit bat alert

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Oct 9, 2010
seniors for dayton wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I do not doubt that. Try to seperate away the warm fuzzies you have of Dayton's department store and Dayton's political career . He had nothing to do with the store, and surely you can't like him for his past political history. Obviously you don't recall (or care) what a crappy and ineffective senator Dayton was. Voted one of the 5 worst senators.

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#18 Oct 9, 2010
Really wrote:
<quoted text>exactly where has pawlenty failed? Raising spending and therefore taxes? Forcing the democrat legislature to stop increase spending? Give us facts or shut th @@@@ up
Well if Pawlenty was so successful as Governor why then does Emmer's campaign slogan in his TV ads finish by saying and I quote;

"It' time for a new direction."

Aren't they both Republicans? Sounds to me like he did not respect Pawlenty's work as Governor.

I would think it should be Dayton and not Emmers saying that in a TV ad.
Greg

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Oct 9, 2010
Liberals I talk to are switching to support Horney.

No conservatives I talk to are voting for anyone but Emmer.

Dayton bought his place on the ballot with cash from out east and his Target Corporation donated to Emmer..

Just love it when Liberals are part owners in a company and the company supports the conservative candidate. Dayton is a goofy looser.
barry obama

United States

#20 Oct 9, 2010
it's bush's fault
barry obama

United States

#21 Oct 9, 2010
that's what I have been saying all along. It's all bush's fault.
republican wrote:
typical republican, always blame somebody else for ther failures, just pass the buck.
vetinwbl

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Oct 9, 2010
barry obama wrote:
that's what I have been saying all along. It's all bush's fault.
<quoted text>
would you like some cheese with your whine?
barry obama

United States

#23 Oct 9, 2010
oh cut me to the quick! I hope for your sake that you are smarter in real life than you are online ...
vetinwbl wrote:
<quoted text>would you like some cheese with your whine?
BEJ

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Oct 9, 2010
seniors for dayton wrote:
<quoted text>
That is part of the Democrat way. Bus people in (your tag says you are from Milwaukee) to vote. I don't think you are supposed to make it public though.
vetinwbl

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Oct 10, 2010
barry obama wrote:
oh cut me to the quick! I hope for your sake that you are smarter in real life than you are online ...
<quoted text>
O'DONNELL was right your just like her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hutchinson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Minnesot... (Nov '10) Aug '16 matt 4
Debate: Marijuana - Hutchinson, MN (Sep '10) Apr '16 the people 3
Maria Torres (Sep '13) Jan '16 Mariah 3
News Collapsed risers at Circus Juventas were overdu... (Aug '09) Aug '15 John shaey 22
News 2 dead in McLeod County after apparent murder-s... (Apr '08) Feb '15 Jenna czeck 89
A Dog Park In Hutchinson, is there enough inter... (May '08) Aug '14 BIG GUY 17
News Authorities ID body found in Renville County co... (Oct '11) Aug '14 sonny 4

Hutchinson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hutchinson Mortgages