70s on Monday ... 30s and snow shower...

70s on Monday ... 30s and snow showers on Saturday?

There are 9 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 3, 2008, titled 70s on Monday ... 30s and snow showers on Saturday?. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Temperatures today soared into the mid-70s across central and southern Minnesota on a summer-like November day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Grizzly Adams

Maple Grove, MN

#1 Nov 3, 2008
So much for global warming!
Monk

Manitowoc, WI

#2 Nov 3, 2008
Grizzly Adams wrote:
We're heading into another ice age, sooner and later.

“We're all connected”

Since: Feb 08

St Paul, MN

#3 Nov 3, 2008
Grizzly Adams wrote:
Reminds me of what those who believe in climate change say-it's not the day-to-day temperatures (weather) but long-term trends (climate).

Mark Seeley says it best-its more HUMID than ever before. I was mildly asthmatic as the humidity and pollution increased today. Our winter lows are higher than ever before, and even construction season has lengthened as time as gone on.

I appreciate critics of climate change-I was one of them not long ago. What made me change my mind is when birds' migration patterns changed, and plant species were found more north than ever before (plants do not know political winds-just survival)
Turk

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Nov 3, 2008
You freeking Global Warming supporters are clueless.
Climate is constantly changing and will never be constant year after year.
Al Gore continues to have the last laugh living in his 60,000 square foot house wasting natural gas.
Meanwile GW has a truly energy effcient house in Texas.
You supporters are clearly pathetically ignorant!
Live on in your stupid a- s- s dream world.
Jeff

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Nov 3, 2008
Mellers wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of what those who believe in climate change say-it's not the day-to-day temperatures (weather) but long-term trends (climate).
Mark Seeley says it best-its more HUMID than ever before. I was mildly asthmatic as the humidity and pollution increased today. Our winter lows are higher than ever before, and even construction season has lengthened as time as gone on.
I appreciate critics of climate change-I was one of them not long ago. What made me change my mind is when birds' migration patterns changed, and plant species were found more north than ever before (plants do not know political winds-just survival)
Are you insane, Mellers? I've noticed when somebody agrees with you on environmental issues, you say they "get it." Well Mellers, I'd have to say that you don't get it. You talked about bird migration patterns and long-term trends. I'd like you to look at this story that I've found from last May. Thousands of birds, in the northern two-thirds of Minnesota, died due to cold weather--in May. How does this translate into global warming? Or did the global warming cause the cold weather? I would say these birds should have changed their migration pattern and stayed further south due to the cold weather. Mellers, you've been duped by the global warming alarmists. Al Gore has deceived you. Tell me, Mellers, if not due to the influences of man, how did the last ice age end?

http://www.startribune.com/local/18750239.htm...
kat

United States

#6 Nov 3, 2008
Fall in the midwest - is anyone shocked?! I'm just thankful for the 70+ today!!! If we wanted constant temps and constant brown, we'd live somewhere else!!
speedy

United States

#7 Nov 3, 2008
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you insane, Mellers? I've noticed when somebody agrees with you on environmental issues, you say they "get it." Well Mellers, I'd have to say that you don't get it. You talked about bird migration patterns and long-term trends. I'd like you to look at this story that I've found from last May. Thousands of birds, in the northern two-thirds of Minnesota, died due to cold weather--in May. How does this translate into global warming? Or did the global warming cause the cold weather? I would say these birds should have changed their migration pattern and stayed further south due to the cold weather. Mellers, you've been duped by the global warming alarmists. Al Gore has deceived you. Tell me, Mellers, if not due to the influences of man, how did the last ice age end?
Disappointing news. I was all in favor of a wave of global warming, since winter is coming now would be a good time for it to kick in.
Al Gore, and all appropriate loonies were wrong, and for once in my life I had wished they were correct. Oh well.
Nature is more powerful than man, considering mankind only populates 3% of the globe this should not come as a shock. I just wish nature decided it was time to do away with winter....
kat

United States

#8 Nov 3, 2008
Here's what people need to remember - just like everything else, there is an ebb and flow in weather. Global warming is a crock. Given time, the temperatures will swing to the cool side, then we'll be worrying about another ice age. If mankind does mess with nature too much, nature will just get back at us. A friendly hurricaine, killer blizzard, you know, kind of level the playing field. Enjoy the time you have here and be nice to each other and things will be just fine.

“We're all connected”

Since: Feb 08

St Paul, MN

#9 Nov 4, 2008
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll remind you again, Jeff: trends are years, centuries, mellenia. Not what happens over one year. The TRENDS are that the winters don't get as cold, especially the lows. The trend is that it's more humid in the summer. Not necessarily warmer. The trend is showing these traits over many, MANY years. Do a quick scan of Mark Seeley's work and get back to me. I have some election judgin' to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hutchinson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Minnesot... (Nov '10) Aug '16 matt 4
Debate: Marijuana - Hutchinson, MN (Sep '10) Apr '16 the people 3
Maria Torres (Sep '13) Jan '16 Mariah 3
News Collapsed risers at Circus Juventas were overdu... (Aug '09) Aug '15 John shaey 22
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a (Mar '15) Mar '15 hutchinson guy 1
News 2 dead in McLeod County after apparent murder-s... (Apr '08) Feb '15 Jenna czeck 89
A Dog Park In Hutchinson, is there enough inter... (May '08) Aug '14 BIG GUY 17

Hutchinson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hutchinson Mortgages