Man sentenced to 8 years for first-de...

Man sentenced to 8 years for first-degree assault

There are 1 comment on the Ledgerenquirer.com story from May 24, 2007, titled Man sentenced to 8 years for first-degree assault. In it, Ledgerenquirer.com reports that:

“This was just a rift between two families that ended up getting ugly”

A shooting almost two years ago in Hurtsboro, Ala., resulted in one man being sentenced Wednesday to more than eight years in prison.

Frank Lee Snipes Jr., 21, was sentenced to 97 months in an Alabama penitentiary by Russell County Circuit Court Judge George Greene. The sentencing, which included $3,617.10 in restitution and a $3,000 fine, stemmed from Snipes' April 4 guilty plea to first-degree assault for the June 28, 2005, shooting of Gregory Smith, 43.

'The fact that he got a straight sentence, I'm happy about that,' said Assistant District Attorney Jamie Graham. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ledgerenquirer.com.

Bob P

AOL

#1 May 26, 2007
Think this time Judge Greene did the right thing with this young man,This individual has been involved in many things around Hurtsboro. With no Police Protection on a full time basis, things have a tendancy to end up this way... This is not the first case of serious injury or death that has happened in this community because of lack of Police protection

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurtsboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tigers suck Jan '18 sec 1
John Deere equipment stolen Dec '17 Georgia boyz 1
Northerners -vs- Southerners (Apr '07) Dec '17 Southron 179
councilwoman and police officer (Jul '10) May '17 canon Rebel T6s o... 8
Found: 1965 class ring (Mar '11) Feb '16 Camille 2
News DNA test for Benton sought (Jul '06) Feb '14 A friend 41
News Can Hurtsboro still save itself from extinction? (Aug '12) Aug '12 Will Dockery 1

Hurtsboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hurtsboro Mortgages