Fatal Crash Kills Haltom City 4-Year-Old

Police said a 4-year-old girl was killed in a car crash on Friday night in Hurst. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
FedUp

United States

#1 Mar 15, 2008
Drunk and it would be no surprise if he is an illegal alien, two wonderful reasons to close the border and enforce existing immigration laws and monitor the bars that allow patrons to leave their premises drunk.
Should be the last

United States

#2 Mar 15, 2008
This should be he last time he should have his foot out ofa jail cell!!
Should be the last

United States

#3 Mar 15, 2008
Damm Right FedUp!!!
LALA

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Mar 15, 2008
FedUp, no truer words were ever written. Put him under the jail. I wish bars could just be shut down. But that will never happen. If only PD's would hire more officers to sit outside of the bars and pick em off.
wanda hamilton

United States

#5 Mar 15, 2008
Drunk drivers should never again be let out . keep them in jail forever. A drunk killed my 14 yr.old nephew . my neice drove while very drunk one night, so drunl the bar tender had to walk her to her car. and yet he let her drive off. she wrecked and lost her arm in the crash and had wounds to the head bad enough to see her brian. she was in ICU for a long time but survived . she nows goes to schools and tells the kids about drinking and driving . i hate to say this but if you drive drunk you get what you deserve . lock em up and keep them there .
Jerry

Hurst, TX

#6 Mar 15, 2008
Ortega should be hung up by his balls and then shipped back to Mexico
swifty

Richardson, TX

#7 Mar 15, 2008
Wow...there's a fact filled article. Was the child in a safety seat? DWI is an epidemic. In the 10 most active years in Viet Nam, we lost 50,000 good yong men. In the same 10 years, we lost 500,000 lives here at home due to DWI.
joi

United States

#8 Mar 15, 2008
swifty wrote:
Wow...there's a fact filled article. Was the child in a safety seat? DWI is an epidemic. In the 10 most active years in Viet Nam, we lost 50,000 good yong men. In the same 10 years, we lost 500,000 lives here at home due to DWI.
The kid was strapped in a booster seat and was in the back.

Yes, over 58,000 servicemen and women, and many MIA and and POWs unaccounted for. Also think about the civilians killed in Vietnam. That was a huge, huge loss of life.
joi

United States

#9 Mar 15, 2008
It is amazing how many die because of drunk drivers, and over the years it seems little has really been done to curtail it. Is it our culture or why does it continue?
adam

Irving, TX

#10 Mar 15, 2008
people talk about borders,mexicans when a child died because of a drunk driver.americans are just to blame as any other culture.give ortega the death sentence and see if that doesnt get the message across.start giving fines to bars for allowing people to leave drunk.do something about it,action speeks louder then words.ortega killed someone,who cares 1st degree 2nd degree,vichilar manslatter,he took a life so his life should get taken away.money is what makes the world go round and that is where the problem is.
All american white girl

Mesquite, TX

#11 Mar 16, 2008
First my deepest sympathy goes to the family of the little girl. Yes he was wrong for everything that happened. I am a close friend of his. He was not illegal and it is a shame that people are worried about him being illegal rather than faulting him for a bad decision. I am not condoning his actions by any means. I feel that he should get the highest sentencing for his actions while intoxicated, not for him being of Hispanic ethnicity. It is just unfortunate that our society is only worried about race than safety. Bottom line, stick to the actual headline. After all our great country is COMPLETELY created and made up of immigrants.
christian

Carrollton, TX

#12 Mar 16, 2008
this girl was my friends cousin f*** that drunk driver
Concerned teacher

The Colony, TX

#13 Mar 17, 2008
3 previous DWI convictions and he was still driving? What is wrong with a system that allows this person to be on the road with children and families. An innocent child has paid the price for this selfish man. He should be turned loose in the town square and let the public show him what he is worth.
Elizabeth

Dallas, TX

#14 Mar 17, 2008
IT IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING TO HEAR THAT A DRUNK HAS KILLED SOMEONE....LET ALONE A CHILD! SPECIALLY WHEN IT WASN'T THE FIRST TIME THAT HE WAS CHARGED WITH A DWI! HE SHOULD GET THE MAXIMUM SENTENCE! HE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO WALK/DRIVE OUR STREETS EVER AGAIN! WHY SHOULD HE? THE LITTLE GIRL NEVER WILL AGAIN! MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY....MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. MAY GOD GIVE YOU ALL THE STRENGHT, PEACE, AND UNDERSTANDING THAT YOU WILL NEED AS YOU DEAL WITH THIS GUT WRENCHING PAIN.
karen

Euless, TX

#15 Mar 17, 2008
How do we allow these REPEAT DWI offenders to stay out of jail????? Now an innocent child has lost their life as a result!

We need to change our laws regarding repeat DWI offenders!
LaChanda

Dallas, TX

#17 Mar 17, 2008
My thoughts and prayers are with the family. I pray that God will help you and comfort you.
Steve

Woodstock, GA

#18 Mar 17, 2008
Mexicans! We need MORE MEXICANS over here!
Ray from Denton

Austin, TX

#19 Mar 17, 2008
What a tragic event! Why was this person driving? He has been arrested and convicted for DWI on 3 occassions. He should have been in jail! We need to not only change our laws about drinking driving, but enforce them.
If you think about it, he killed a little girl and only has a bail of $50,000, what a joke. After the third conviction, his ass should be rotting in jail.
worried

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Mar 17, 2008
Has any one else noticed that most of the DWI man slaughter charges have been hispanic males. One more reason to be concerned about immigration laws.
beam me up

Carrollton, TX

#21 Mar 17, 2008
SIGH how many times do they have to drive drunk before they actually DO something to these idiots that think of no one but themselves! The other question I have is was this man an illegal immigrant? If so how sad, if our country would ENFORCE the laws this child would still be alive today if that is the case. Two things that sicken me to death, driving drunk, and illegal immigrants. Most likely this person is both...just like the 17 year old that hit the people in Dallas this weekend, not only was he illegal, he didn't have insurance, he didn't have a license AND of COURSE he tried to RUN! Wake up America! We need to DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE PEOPLE!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for chad a isaacs? (Apr '13) 5 hr Ima get u 76
Let's build a snowman! 8 hr Loud n proud 5
Colleyville,Texas Murder of Anita Fox 20 hr Boshwell 12
Review: HEB Plumbing (Jun '12) Mar 4 Big bad john 15
warning Feb 28 Big bad john 1
Are you a hack waiting to happen? Your boss wan... Feb 28 Big bad john 3
Debate: Obama Economy - North Richland Hills, TX (Feb '12) Feb 23 Corlebra 6

Hurst News Video

Hurst Dating
Find my Match