Who got hit by a train?

Posted in the Hurricane Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Any clue

Charleston, WV

#1 Nov 10, 2012
Anyone know who the young man was that was just hit by a train in front of Hurricane High School? Really sad...
Concerned

Ashland, KY

#2 Nov 10, 2012
Would like to know how he is. How in the world did this happen? Hope he is okay.
huh

Ardsley, NY

#3 Nov 10, 2012
When did this happen? I'm close to the HS and I've not heard any sirens.
just guessin

Springfield, NJ

#4 Nov 10, 2012
huh wrote:
When did this happen? I'm close to the HS and I've not heard any sirens.
It was about 130 or so and the train went crazy... life flight landed at the high school...but we didn't see him get loaded in the helicopter ...but he could have. id say he's in bad condition. The train went crazy so I am wondering if it was on purpose?? Just wondering who and if it was on purpose. I feel bad for the train conductor :(
Concerned

Ashland, KY

#5 Nov 10, 2012
I hate that so much for all involved. I know what you mean about the train conductor. Even though it is not their fault, they struggle with the pain of hitting someone for a lifetime. If there is anything the public can do, please let us know!
Sad

Hurricane, WV

#6 Nov 10, 2012
What do you mean that the train went crazy?
Concerned

Ashland, KY

#7 Nov 10, 2012
Sad wrote:
What do you mean that the train went crazy?
Most likely meant that when the train was put into emergency (to stop it), the brakes were squealing very loudly.
Any clue

Charleston, WV

#8 Nov 10, 2012
Health Net did land but the person was taken in the ambulance to TV hospital. Most likely to be pronounced dead.. He was too bad to be flown. Not sure why they called for the helicopter to start with.. Prayers for those involved. I just wonder if this wasn't another suicide. It's so sad... They estimated the guy to be in his 20s.
Sad

Huntington, WV

#9 Nov 10, 2012
Please let us know the details when you find out. I can't find anything on the TV websites.
just guessin

Springfield, NJ

#10 Nov 10, 2012
Any clue wrote:
Health Net did land but the person was taken in the ambulance to TV hospital. Most likely to be pronounced dead.. He was too bad to be flown. Not sure why they called for the helicopter to start with.. Prayers for those involved. I just wonder if this wasn't another suicide. It's so sad... They estimated the guy to be in his 20s.
I'm sure your right about pronouncing him.. prolly callower for.health net and he dies before they arrived. After he was loaded they drove ambulance over to the high school talked to them for a few and then transported the Guy no sirens... so def he died but I do wonder bout suicide... did they ever decide that the Jason ball was a suicide??
Just saying

Saint Albans, WV

#11 Nov 10, 2012
just guessin wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure your right about pronouncing him.. prolly callower for.health net and he dies before they arrived. After he was loaded they drove ambulance over to the high school talked to them for a few and then transported the Guy no sirens... so def he died but I do wonder bout suicide... did they ever decide that the Jason ball was a suicide??
It was Jacob Ball and no they never decided but people made an fb page for him about bullying
Any clue

Hurricane, WV

#12 Nov 10, 2012
I wondered if it was suicide as well. Just really sad. I mean it would be hard for it to be an accident. One doesn't normally miss hearing a train... Unless you're really really drunk and it was pretty early in the day to hopefully be that drunk.
Friend

Ardsley, NY

#13 Nov 10, 2012
The boys name was Michael Eads. He was in his early 20's.
Any clue

Charleston, WV

#14 Nov 10, 2012
Love his heart! Did he go to HHS? I mean I know he would be a current student. Prayers for his family and friends
Just saying

Saint Albans, WV

#15 Nov 10, 2012
Friend wrote:
The boys name was Michael Eads. He was in his early 20's.
Did he die???
Just saying

Saint Albans, WV

#16 Nov 10, 2012
Never mind just looked up his fb this is so sad had anyone said yet if this was suicide yet I know he wasn't in school anymore but could it have been people being mean or problems at home. Prayers for this family who lost their only child so so sad :(
caring parent

Ardsley, NY

#17 Nov 10, 2012
So sad my heart goes out the his family and friends
news

Ardsley, NY

#18 Nov 10, 2012
WSAZ just said he's in the hospital.
Madison

Nitro, WV

#19 Nov 10, 2012
On wsaz news is saying he is in the hospital!
parent

Hurricane, WV

#20 Nov 10, 2012
It has been confirmed by FB that he did not survive by a family member. I see people walking those same tracks daily. In my opinion, you would feel the train coming because the rails and the wood move up and down and you would be able to feel the vibrations. This is so terribly sad that another young life has been lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
April 22-23 1 hr Sad 29
jenny lynn apartments 1 hr nope 7
Curious 3 hr Curious lady 170
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr RSM 4,084
I m done 3 hr Big d 4
Joney Farley 4 hr Surprised 77
Coach Cunningham 6 hr Just here for the... 5

Hurricane Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance