Edible Arrangements Teays Valley

Posted in the Hurricane Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bad business

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2011
Don't but anything from there they are selling bad fruit dipped in chocolate. I went in and showed them my strawberries that were stringy, mushy, and tasteless and had been frozen. The worker said I would need to speak to the owner. The owner said that they are all Like that! Didn't offer me my money back and walked away to the back when I said it was un acceptable. Well that's good for me because I won't be spending 15 dollars on 6 strawberries there again which is highway robbery anyways but I was rewarding myself. Thank you for opening my eyes and helping me to realize anyone can dip strawberries in chocolate and put them on a stick even me!:b
PS: someone needs to give her a lesson in customer service and also tell her workers who answer the phone let people know if the fruit is bad before they screw you with their rotten fruit they don't want to throw away so they can make money off of it. Nice !
rude owner

United States

#2 Jan 28, 2013
The owner is so rude.....talks to people like their stupid....look in the mirror lady.... Don't know how that place stays in business....your right their fruit is terrible... Strawberries suck...$29 for 12 strawberries...chocolate cover bit into one and it was rotten.... Never again.... On valentines day save ur money...don't throw it away on that place..
qi

Nitro, WV

#3 Jan 30, 2013
I love them & have never had a problem with my strawberries ;)
never again

Canton, OH

#4 Jan 30, 2013
I won't order again... Arrangements are over priced... Plus $12 to deliver less than 2 miles...I got 6 terrible honey dew slices that tasted like cucumbers, 6 cantolope that were green, six small strawberries, 9. grapes and two pineapple, cost me $52.... Not worth it...
consumer

Cleveland, OH

#5 Feb 2, 2013
Don't waste your money on their fruit.... Fruit is often bad quality.. you want return business... People pay a lot for the fruit and deserve what they pay for...don't cover rotten strawberries with chocolate.....Owner is bad busy lady...wonder why your business doesn't grow..its call GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.. friendly, and treating people fair and with respect... Try it sometime smile....believe me your face won't break...
love fruit

Hurricane, WV

#6 Feb 4, 2013
Please dont't pay any attention to theses complaints we have not had any people come in my store to complaining about our fruit, especially people from Ohio. Our fruit is great and we don't serve bad fruit. Our strawberries are coming out of Florida and we are selling them by the cases to people who would like to order them . The Strawberry Lady is supplying them and they are fantastic. We will make it right and or give you your money back. When former employees want to ruin your business they post lies on topix and it is not right.
3x Employee

Hurricane, WV

#7 Feb 4, 2013
To whom it may concern~

As an employee of Edible Arrangements-Teays Valley, and this being my second time working in this location for the past owner and the current owner and my third time working at an Edible Arrangements, I can say that as for our fruit, you are recieving the best possible fruit out there. If the strawberries are small which they are not right now we will put extras in the arrangements or boxes. We go over and beyond to make sure that our customers are satisfied, even if it's not our fault. To the point of upgrading arrangements or giving a free box. You are more than welcome to come in and see me Mon-Fri and I will take care of your concerns. As Valentines Day approaches I ask you to please don't bad mouth the company or the employees or owner. Let's be adults, please and act like them.
Very nice-very clean

Hurricane, WV

#8 Feb 4, 2013
I just want you to know that this negative information is not true! Think about it people, Ohio isn't even this serving location. What is the possibility that 3 people recently stopped by while traveling, within this timeframe. That should tell you these posts are not true. If it was that much of a problem, there would certianly be more posts than a year apart. Someone is making them up to try and hurt the business. I can tell you from experience that if there is a problem, it will be resolved. From living or being in this area all of my life, I have been in and out of Edible Arrangements many times and haven't had a problem. As far as the over pricing, you know the price when you pay so if it is too high, order something different or go somewhere else and buy something. No one twisted your arm to order from there. Therefore, don't buy it then get on here and complain about it. They have also adjusted my delivery fees. If you are a regular customer they will go above and beyond. The employees there now are very friendly and helpful so please don't let this influence your decisions. If you have ordered there before, then you know the truth!
Started thispost

Alexandria, VA

#9 Feb 7, 2013
I'm the original bad business poster. It did happen and it is real. The owner said to me haven't you seen the news about the strawberries getting frozen down south.(basically admitting they were all like that) She was very rude and they were disgusting and I have pictures that I sent to the main headquarters to show them and tell them about the situation. I still have the pictures so if you really want to know if the original post was true is absolutely is. I was on my way to Teays Valley and ordered them ahead of time on my way to work to go in and pick them up. She did not offer to give my money back and ran in the back to hide from me as I confronted her. I can post the pictures on here as I still have them saved on an older computer. Also not sure if the person who said the post came from Ohio but if your a regular topix poster you would know that the city's are always wrong but I was in Winfield when I posted it. I have never posted pics on topix before and not sure if you even can but I will email them to you if not. I will NEVER spend my money there again and it was the most cowardly display of customer service I have experienced to date. So to the rude lady that runs the show.. I know you will remember me and that day because I made sure you would by our conversation and my follow up post days after. When you serve the public you must treat you customers with respect and try to fix the problem. I bet you wish you had done the right thing and made it right. But you didn't and that is what compelled me to contact home office and start this thread. I can't say anything about other EA stores but this one I had a very bad experience with.
just saying

Washington, PA

#10 Feb 7, 2013
All edible arrangements are not like the one your talking about.... But I can understand your point. When you pay money for something you should get quality. Not just get upset when you get a complaint and walk off.. stand behind your product and except when you have a customer that's truly feels like you have given them less than they pay for... Not make excuses ..I would rather not make a sale at all than to not give top quality .....It's very rude as a owner to walk off without addressing the issue.
bosses day

Greensburg, PA

#11 Feb 8, 2013
I would never post on topix but this time I feel I need to. Bosses day was in October so the girls in our office.decided to do something different so I called that evening and ordered a arrangement that was $35 plus delivery the lady was helpful and nice... The next day it was to be delivered by noon.so he could.have it before leaving.for.the day... At noon it still hadn't arrived... So I.call and was told it was in route to be delivered... He was right in a few minutes it arrived.. we were so disappointed.... I called and ask to talk to the owner and was told she was on a delivery...I left a message for her to call back... Guess what I'm still waiting.. not trying to hurt anyone's business but better customer service would be a plus...
love fruit

Hurricane, WV

#12 Feb 8, 2013
I am responding to the bad business. I need to let customers and people know that you ate 3 of 6 strawberries before you return to the store. I remember you and I offered to give your money back. But you did not want it because I had a attitude it is because you almost finished the box. I have over 8000 customer in my data base and you are one of the few complaints that keep showing up. If you would like your money back I would be glad to give it back to you and I will give you another box. Sorry for this but I and fruit are not always perfect but I have other customers who will let you and everyone else we have great customer service.
love fruit

Hurricane, WV

#13 Feb 8, 2013
Please call bosses day. I am sorry for your experience and I will be glad to give your money back. Glad to send out another arragement when we mess up I always try to make it good or better. I don't want any bad things posted. My employees and I here are human and we are not perfect. But I will try to make it up if you call the store. Sorry again for a bad experience. I was not aware there was a problem.
Healthcare customer

Alexandria, VA

#14 Feb 8, 2013
I have been doing business with Edible Arrangements for over 6 years in Teays Valley. I deliver them to all of the accounts I call on and they are always happy. Anytime I have a large order for fruit salad the owner greets me at the door with a smile at 8am when I pick them up. She always bends over backwards to make sure I have exactly what I need for my clients. I have also been a customer myself for birthdays, etc and have always found the fruit to be of impeccable quality and the same for the service. Thank you for your outstanding customer service and delicious fruit salads!!! Ill continue to order weekly!
qi

Nitro, WV

#15 Feb 8, 2013
3x Employee wrote:
To whom it may concern~

As an employee of Edible Arrangements-Teays Valley, and this being my second time working in this location for the past owner and the current owner and my third time working at an Edible Arrangements, I can say that as for our fruit, you are recieving the best possible fruit out there. If the strawberries are small which they are not right now we will put extras in the arrangements or boxes. We go over and beyond to make sure that our customers are satisfied, even if it's not our fault. To the point of upgrading arrangements or giving a free box. You are more than welcome to come in and see me Mon-Fri and I will take care of your concerns. As Valentines Day approaches I ask you to please don't bad mouth the company or the employees or owner. Let's be adults, please and act like them.
I agree!! It's probably a flower shop owner trying to put u out of business!!
qi

Nitro, WV

#16 Feb 8, 2013
It's my guess this person is blowing smoke up our noses!!
Started thispost

Huntington, WV

#17 Feb 9, 2013
Yea ok if that's what you want to tell yourself. I'm sticking to my story and I figured you would have some snarky comment. I have made my point and your just backpeddeling. Yes I bit into each strawberry to see if they were all bad but did not eat the entire thing. I left the nasty parts that I bit into in the box so you could see the quality. However you do realize a strawberry is a two bite snack right? It doesn't change the fact that you fully admitted to me that all strawberries were like that and you were rude. I also see I'm not the only one saying that. It doesn't matter how many I ate because when you could actually see when I showed you how bad they were you still acted unprofessional and did not provide me with good customer service. Say what you like but I told everyone I could think of and put it on here...So let this be a lesson to you that customers are your bread and butter and you need to treat them with respect and try to make it right.
Shari's berries are way cheaper and beautifully displayed. http://www.berries.com . they deliver and have a great valentines day special. half dozen for 19.99$. And just because you have 8000 people in your data base doesn't mean they will be return clients. I'm in there and I'm not going back. The fact that you were selling knowingly bad or substandard product is bad business. You can't convince me or anyone else that what you did was right. Your duty as a business owner is to satisfy your customers and that day you failed miserably. I guess you motto is "customer is always wrong" and no I do not own a flower shop. Nice try!
justwrong

Freedom, PA

#18 Feb 9, 2013
I agree with the orginal.post..... Good customer service will bring back customers... 8000 customers in your data base is just that in the data base.... Return customers are another story... With that many customers, you would have a stead flow come in and out your door, or your delivery truck wouldn't be on the parking lot , it would be on the road making deliveries. Your employees may deliver good customer service but the owner needs a class. Regardless if she ate one or two you admitted,and saw they were bad. You should done the right thing at the time. Golden rule customer is always right...
Started thispost

Huntington, WV

#19 Feb 9, 2013
Thank you
Kindness

Hurricane, WV

#20 Feb 9, 2013
I have been an employee at Edible Arrangements in Teays Valley and I can promise you that we do make things right. I am not saying that something didn't happen, but I think we all know the golden rule is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" If you wouldn't want someone to slam you then don't do it to someone else. No one is mistake free and everyone says or does something that they shouldn't. This is one reason that I am not a facebook user and it is the first time that I have posted on Topix. I only got on because someone asked me to. People don't have to be so hurtful and negative. Lot's of times attitude flares attitude. When you went in were you kind and considerate or did you go in with attitude. I have been guilty of both side and am not proud of it. I know if I had a business and made a mistake I wouldn't want people to do this to me. I try to teach my kids that sometimes you have to be the bigger person. God doesn't like us treating each other this way. How can we set an example if we are guilty. This is why our world is in the shape that it is in because people love gossip instead of helping and praying for someone. Started this post, why don't you go in and try to make mends and be that bigger person. I think it will be a lesson to everyone. Let's all try to be better people and stop these angry hurtful posts. We aren't doing anything but giving Satan glory instead of God glory. I hope this is helpful!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Josh Chasity Akers 4 hr glitch 10
Marcos pizza 10 hr yummy pizza 6
Deranged child beater threatens gazette reporter. 15 hr daddys basement 61
Needing a caregiver for my grandmother in the S... Mon Phyllis 2
Swingers (Sep '13) Sat Curious 48
Rick Rice Sat Rob 6
anthony ripple Oct 18 nik 2
Hurricane Dating
Find my Match

Hurricane Jobs