Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

I served this country for many years. When I graduated from high school I enlisted in the United States Army as 18X Special Forces recruit where I went through Army Aiborne School, Army Ranger School then was assigned to the most elite Ranger Unit in U.S. Army History. The 3rd Batalion 75th Ranger Regiment out of Fort Benning, Georgia. I staid the course with the Army until 2005 and did time in both Afghanistan and Iraq. My next career asperation was to become a Navy SEAL so when my contract came up for re-enlistment with the Army I opted to join the Marines. There I went through basic and Scout Sniper School as the Marines require you go through their basic training regardless of if you are prior service or not. After graduating I was assigned to the 26th Marine Expiditionary Unit Special Operations as an Automatic Rifleman/Sniper then shipped to my unit over sees back in Afghanistan. Due to injuries received in combat my end goal to become a SEAL would not be realized. Now that I am a civilian there is something I take very serious issue with. I take issue with people who have never served in our military walking around wearing parts of our uniforms like they are making a fashion statement. I was in Wal Mart about 30 minutes ago and I saw a girl in there wearing the Army Combat Uniform. First her hair was clearly not regulation length, second, she had no tapes, badges or tabs on the top anywhere outside of a Unit patch that I know for a fact would require a tab with it and the American flag on it. To beat it all about the top, she had it buttoned clear to the collar including the geek button was done and she the had the collar up like she was Fonzy from Happy Days. She was obviously not wearing a belt because the crotch sagged to her knees. While I know that the ACU pants are baggy they ARE NOT that baggy. Next she was not wearing the pants blowsed at the boot, they were pulled down over the boot tops. Finally, she was not wearing regulation boots and there was no hint of an ACU duty cap or beret anywhere in sight. All I am going to say is, if you are not prior service and you still insist on wearing the uniform and drawing the distain and ridicule of me and my fellow veterans WEAR IT PROPERLY. Otherwise those of us who have faught, bled and died for this country would PREFER you not wear OUR uniform at all. While I understand this is a big game hunting state, stick with the old woodland camos, those are perfectly fine for hunting, just DO NOT wear the ACU's, MARPATS or anything else that those of us who HAVE SERVED are currently wearing.

P.S. If the person reading this is the girl I am refering to above. I was the one in all Michigan sweats glaring at you every time I passed you.
fjbrick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

i highly 500 percent agree with you and to all that i served with in the service,myself i am proud of you and others like us ..I served with the 82nd airborne with 21 years 3 tours in combat and to those who have never served don,t know the meaning of the uniform and to what it stands for they remind me of a PX soilder
AFlatFootedSquid sDaughter

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

My Grandfather, Several Uncles and Dad all were service members; I couldn't agree more with you Saphronics! Thank you both for your service! Please accept my apology on behalf of my peers. Unfortunately most of my generation doesn't realise what an honor it is to wear that uniform or the price all service member's pay to wear it. They think that it can be bought with their Parent's money at a Military Supply store. When in truth they aren't worthy of dawning such apparel, they don't have what it takes! Thank you both and all other Service Men & Women that will post on this thread! You paid the price & gave us our rights!
Buckeye sweats

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Speaking of rights...come on...lighten up a little. Seriously, if I caught some old dude "glaring" at my daughter, regardless of the reason we'd have a serious discussion. Thank you for your service and sacrifice but...have you re-read your post? Much ado about nothing.
Al Bundy

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Hey, you should have looked me up, I'm right there at the door greeting people. Together we could have pointed out the young lady's fau paux. I played high school football and I just hate it when I see someone wearing a counterfeit thro back jersey, or a Winfield jersey. Come on!! Seriously though, you sound like a real hard case. I thank you for your service and I know if it wasn't for people like you, we wouldn't enjoy the liberties we do today. So, I salute you sir, and all the others that serve. Just one more thing, sir, you gotta lose the Michigan wear, this is WVU country. Well, seeing how it's you, maybe you can wear them at home in private, but no more at Wally World. OK?
come on

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Buckeye sweats wrote:
Speaking of rights...come on...lighten up a little. Seriously, if I caught some old dude "glaring" at my daughter, regardless of the reason we'd have a serious discussion. Thank you for your service and sacrifice but...have you re-read your post? Much ado about nothing.
If the gentleman that started this forum really did everything with the army and marines that he said he has, you "discussion" would end up with you having a broken face in about 5 seconds.
Buckeye Sweats

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

come on wrote:
<quoted text>
If the gentleman that started this forum really did everything with the army and marines that he said he has, you "discussion" would end up with you having a broken face in about 5 seconds.
Perhaps...and perhaps 5 seconds after I got my face busted that person would be shot full of holes...perhaps. Just saying, don't go "glaring" at women over something like that, at least not women in my family. I don't care what type of training they've had. Maybe he was absent the day they taught respect. As far as I'm concerned a "gentleman" don't act that way over some trivial shit like he was complaining about.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

come on wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no love for the suckeyes so you are quite correct about the broken face and yes I have more than enough proof showing I served and accomplished all I claim.
1 post removed
Big Deal

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

So, I am assuming you actually attended and played atheletics for the University of Michigan? If not, I'll bet people who did are pissed. They will probably walk around giving you dirty looks and stuff everywhere you go.
1 post removed
curious

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Buckeye sweats; know your roll and shut your mouth.
Woody Hayes

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Saphronicus wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no love for the suckeyes so you are quite correct about the broken face and yes I have more than enough proof showing I served and accomplished all I claim.
Buckeyes 68...Michigan State Spartans 60. GO BUCKS
Want a cookie

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Seriously OP needs some help with his PTSD. Nobody forced you to join, assuming you really did. What were you doing wearing Michigan gear? Did you go to school there? What a poser. We live in a country where we are allowed to wear whatever we want. We were allowed to that even before your lame ass supposedly joined the military.
MasterBerater

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Cry a little harder on topix with your awesome sweatpants boner. I hear that helps, asshat. Nobody forced you into the military.
dont start

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

I don't even wear the uniform but my husband does and I get disgusted when people wear it wrong...it's called respect and everyone should have respect for the people who go and lay their lives on the line and risk everything for people who don't have the guts to do it their selves!!
dont start

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Oh and everyone should have respect for the ones who used to wear the uniform who no longer can!!
MasterBerater

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

dont start wrote:
I don't even wear the uniform but my husband does and I get disgusted when people wear it wrong...it's called respect and everyone should have respect for the people who go and lay their lives on the line and risk everything for people who don't have the guts to do it their selves!!
So, unless you serve in the military, you're gutless? That's literally what you're saying. Other people choose to do things with their lives besides playing GI Joe. When did you serve? Oh, you didn't? Gutless.
C.Gifford

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

I was in the army served overseas and sometimes (if I'm out working) ill wear my ACUs with my issued boots (Altama)
It could be she may have been doing something that required camo so she just grabbed someone's set.
Wait, are you saying she was wearing it like trying to be regulation? Like she was trying to appear to be military?
dont start

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

MasterBerater wrote:
<quoted text>So, unless you serve in the military, you're gutless? That's literally what you're saying. Other people choose to do things with their lives besides playing GI Joe. When did you serve? Oh, you didn't? Gutless.
I do serve I may not wear the uniform but my husband does and military wives sacrifice a whole lot more than normal people do!!!! So don't tell me I'm gutless!!!
just saying

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

If you sign up for something you got no bitch coming. Ain't like you were drafted.
dont start

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

just saying wrote:
If you sign up for something you got no bitch coming. Ain't like you were drafted.
Would u please make a complete sentence?? Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Hurricane Forum right now

Search the Hurricane Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr Mgtn Res 53,520
rustic highlands 8 hr memyself is i 1
Who is Ashley Buono with? 9 hr Nobody 3
job interview 11 hr Real Tyree 6
older gentleman by the name of Pete Harns any i... (Feb '13) 19 hr Sumj 14
Hunting Club looking for members Eastern NC (Jun '07) 21 hr riverrat 39
legalization of medical and recreational mariju... (Jan '14) Tue Areuretarded 180
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hurricane Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hurricane People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••