Since: Mar 13

Point Pleasant, WV

#11554 Apr 6, 2013
Just coz he's the pres, how can he change so much get by with it? Cut SS?? Why not cut his pay for the next 3 years? His & our reps!! That should help our debt!
Zaphod

Brooklyn, NY

#11555 Apr 6, 2013
LoonieMac wrote:
Just coz he's the pres, how can he change so much get by with it? Cut SS?? Why not cut his pay for the next 3 years? His & our reps!! That should help our debt!
You sir are an idiot.
How much do you think the president makes?
As for social security, the average person didn't live past 65 when it was set up. It will have to be changed to survive.
USMC DAVE

Charleston, WV

#11556 Apr 6, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
<quoted text>You sir are an idiot.
How much do you think the president makes?
As for social security, the average person didn't live past 65 when it was set up. It will have to be changed to survive.
Well if it wasn't designed for people to receive it after retiring, why not just lump it in as part of the Federal Income Tax. It was not first set up for the government to spend like the money in the general fund. It was supposed to be set aside for retirement age and disability. Can someone explain something to me. When SS first started the older men that started putting into the program back then didn't have to pay into it for 40 quarters. But there was enough to pay benefits. Now people also pay into it and have massive heart attacks and die before they draw a dime. I don't see why it shouldn't be solvent when more money goes into it now than ever before. The reason it is going broke is because it is being used for other things than retirement.
Zaphod

Proctorville, OH

#11557 Apr 6, 2013
USMC DAVE wrote:
<quoted text>Well if it wasn't designed for people to receive it after retiring, why not just lump it in as part of the Federal Income Tax. It was not first set up for the government to spend like the money in the general fund. It was supposed to be set aside for retirement age and disability. Can someone explain something to me. When SS first started the older men that started putting into the program back then didn't have to pay into it for 40 quarters. But there was enough to pay benefits. Now people also pay into it and have massive heart attacks and die before they draw a dime. I don't see why it shouldn't be solvent when more money goes into it now than ever before. The reason it is going broke is because it is being used for other things than retirement.
Because more people take out than ever before genius. You don't think people dropped dead from heart attacks in the past? The average life span has increased if you haven't noticed. Decades ago you had a 50 to 1 ratio of people paying in to people receiving benefits now its down to 5 to 1. It's simple math. The system will have to be reformed.
USMC DAVE

Charleston, WV

#11558 Apr 6, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
<quoted text>Because more people take out than ever before genius. You don't think people dropped dead from heart attacks in the past? The average life span has increased if you haven't noticed. Decades ago you had a 50 to 1 ratio of people paying in to people receiving benefits now its down to 5 to 1. It's simple math. The system will have to be reformed.
Yeah, stop taking out of the fund to pay for other stuff for one thing. Stop the FICA holidays like he did for two years. Which that was very stupid. That makes it go broke even faster. Means test SS so you don't have Millionaires drawing out of the fund when they retire and take the stupid cap off of it to where at a specific dollar amount paid in a year for wealthy people they don't have to pay in after that dollar amount. Other than that the retirement age should stay as is and the cola should not be changed. It should raise they way it has been every year with the Cost Of Living. Stop punishing the middle class so everybody else on both ends of the spectrum can skate by. Skin in the game should be coming from the people that gets most of the benefits instead the middle class gets screwed regardless.
Zaphod

Proctorville, OH

#11559 Apr 6, 2013
USMC DAVE wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, stop taking out of the fund to pay for other stuff for one thing. Stop the FICA holidays like he did for two years. Which that was very stupid. That makes it go broke even faster. Means test SS so you don't have Millionaires drawing out of the fund when they retire and take the stupid cap off of it to where at a specific dollar amount paid in a year for wealthy people they don't have to pay in after that dollar amount. Other than that the retirement age should stay as is and the cola should not be changed. It should raise they way it has been every year with the Cost Of Living. Stop punishing the middle class so everybody else on both ends of the spectrum can skate by. Skin in the game should be coming from the people that gets most of the benefits instead the middle class gets screwed regardless.
Your answer is to stop paying out to people that make too much and also cap what goes in? How will that solve anything? They had math classes in your school didn't they? Maybe you should go back and take a few.
Arthur

United States

#11560 Apr 6, 2013
If they would put back the money they STOLE from the SS fund there wouldnt be a SS problem. They steal the money and then make everyone forfeit benefits they paid for to cover the governments theft. Something has to change.
USMC DAVE

Charleston, WV

#11561 Apr 6, 2013
Zaphod wrote:
<quoted text>Your answer is to stop paying out to people that make too much and also cap what goes in? How will that solve anything? They had math classes in your school didn't they? Maybe you should go back and take a few.
Not cap goes in take the cap off of how much is paid in by wealthier people. There is a cap now to what a wealthy person pays in. After the reach a certain dollar amount now, they stop paying in. I'm not sure exactly what the combined percentage is now we pay in our of our pay checks. I think it is 7 1/4 you pay in and the same for employer. It also gets stopped now at a particular yearly gross amount. I think it should be continued indefinitely regardless of what you make a year. The only reason that cap is on there is to help employers not employees. If employees was paying there full percentage they would have never put the cap on in the first place. Just another corporate welfare loophole.
USMC DAVE

Charleston, WV

#11562 Apr 6, 2013
There is caps to what is paid in now. What I was trying to say remove the caps so more money goes in from the people that can afford it.
JeezusPleaseUs

Princeton, WV

#11563 Apr 6, 2013
Actually that's a good idea USMC Dave. People that can afford it should pay more. They benefit everyday from the hard work of all those underneath them. Quit robbing from the poor to give to the rich and fund the upcoming wargames in South Korea!

Obama is a secret Republican because he always gives them everything they want. It's all about power, and the rich aren't worried about money as muchas they want power.

People life Pro-golfer Pil Mickelson may bitch that they pay over 50% in taxes but they are still left with many millions every year! I pay my 15% and hardly have a damn thing!



USMC DAVE

Charleston, WV

#11564 Apr 6, 2013
JeezusPleaseUs wrote:
Actually that's a good idea USMC Dave. People that can afford it should pay more. They benefit everyday from the hard work of all those underneath them. Quit robbing from the poor to give to the rich and fund the upcoming wargames in South Korea!

Obama is a secret Republican because he always gives them everything they want. It's all about power, and the rich aren't worried about money as muchas they want power.

People life Pro-golfer Pil Mickelson may bitch that they pay over 50% in taxes but they are still left with many millions every year! I pay my 15% and hardly have a damn thing!
Middle and lower class can't afford anything after paying for gasoline, utilities and insurance. I don't know what they expect people to do. Eat dirt I guess.
wow

Oak Hill, WV

#11565 Apr 6, 2013
Nobama
SUPERTRAMP

Barboursville, WV

#11566 Apr 6, 2013
USMC DAVE wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what happens when Kings are horrible to there people don't you? Eventually the Kingdom falls. We need a good political revolution in this country.
YEAH! Conservatives vs Liberals for a start. Leave the libs rotting and stinking in the earth.
Arthur

United States

#11567 Apr 6, 2013
SUPERTRAMP wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH! Conservatives vs Liberals for a start. Leave the libs rotting and stinking in the earth.
You are a very angry and hateful person. Just because someone disagrees with you doesnt mean you should hate them and wish them dead.
1 post removed
SUPERTRAMP

Barboursville, WV

#11569 Apr 7, 2013
Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>You are a very angry and hateful person. Just because someone disagrees with you doesnt mean you should hate them and wish them dead.
No, just sick of liberal filth being legislated over the majorities wishes. Not to mention losing our freedom of speech due to their political correctness and the inclusion of false gods and religions under the guise of diversity. And anything christian is being silenced or mocked by the mainstream liberal media. Yeah, im pissed enough to fight for my waning freedoms. How about you? Or are you just another apathetic american thats sit on his ass like we all have done over the course of the last couple of decades? Ben Franklin stated that within 200 yrs representative democracy would outlive its usefulness because it would become self serving. HE hit the nail on the head. We have sit by and watched them send our jobs overseas so as to make a bigger profit for themselves. Instead of paying americans 15 to 20 dollars an hr. they instead pay peons in mexico or elsewhere 1 dollar an hour. They're reaping the rewards from that alright. In the meantime civil and county municipals across the country to keep from going broke institute taxes,user fees,etc. The politicians are constantly passing laws,rules,regulations,dues,fe es,fines,permits,etc. that regulate all aspects of our lives. Welcome to the new world order caste system where we live as socialists while the global politicians live as capitalists. And guess who arrives on the scene to fix it all when it comes crashing down? The antichrist. You think this is just a paranoia conspiracy? Read bible prophesy. All this pc and diversity as well as the doctrine of tolerance is just the precursor that sits it up for him. Notice how christianity is being alienated by liberal media by stereotyping them as bigots,racists,intolerant,excl usionists,etc. The writing is on the wall.
Hagatha May

Orlando, FL

#11570 Apr 9, 2013
Possums, you will never get ahead by spreading false history lessons over the internet. This country was founded by slavery,religious intolerance, bigotry, ignorance and theft. WOW, what a legacy. We were all handed a load of crap about freedom and justice for all and how wonderful America is. Remember how we stole this country from the Indians, or how we burned people at the stake for being "witches",or tried to force our beliefs on others around the globe? Yet we claim to be a "Christian" nation. What a joke possums. We have broken most treaties we have ever signed and wonder why the rest of the world isn't in love with us. Theres always more then one way to tell a tale possums. Now as for the rich paying their share of taxes. Possums you should not speak of which you know nothing. I am a very wealthy woman and I pay more in taxes each year then you will earn in a lifetime. It's the little people at the bottom of the ladder who breed themselves into more poverty and lack sufficient education to properly care for themselves. Now you want to blame the rich for your poor choices in life. Glad I could help. TaTa for now Lady of Quality
andy

Danville, WV

#11571 Apr 9, 2013
SUPERTRAMP wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH! Conservatives vs Liberals for a start. Leave the libs rotting and stinking in the earth.
you are the guy who game me a bj at walmart. lol shouldn't use your screen name as gay name
1 post removed
SUPERTRAMP

Barboursville, WV

#11573 Apr 10, 2013
andy wrote:
<quoted text>you are the guy who game me a bj at walmart. lol shouldn't use your screen name as gay name
You must be mistaken. I was blowin behind your ear as you were bobbin for my apples.
truth1

Oak Hill, WV

#11574 Apr 10, 2013
Hagatha May wrote:
Possums, you will never get ahead by spreading false history lessons over the internet. This country was founded by slavery,religious intolerance, bigotry, ignorance and theft. WOW, what a legacy. We were all handed a load of crap about freedom and justice for all and how wonderful America is. Remember how we stole this country from the Indians, or how we burned people at the stake for being "witches",or tried to force our beliefs on others around the globe? Yet we claim to be a "Christian" nation. What a joke possums. We have broken most treaties we have ever signed and wonder why the rest of the world isn't in love with us. Theres always more then one way to tell a tale possums. Now as for the rich paying their share of taxes. Possums you should not speak of which you know nothing. I am a very wealthy woman and I pay more in taxes each year then you will earn in a lifetime. It's the little people at the bottom of the ladder who breed themselves into more poverty and lack sufficient education to properly care for themselves. Now you want to blame the rich for your poor choices in life. Glad I could help. TaTa for now Lady of Quality
Each day I sit at my desktop waiting for an intelligent post from you. Please do not keep me waiting. Surprise me!
Slang Blade

Panther, WV

#11575 Apr 10, 2013
yes you old Hag.Just one time act like you are are half sane,an yes i know who you are.an where you are at.hummmm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Roy Sexton resign from turnpike chevy (Feb '12) 1 hr Philosophical Phil 84
The Meeks' 4 hr Jo cool 11
I smell something funny at city hall 8 hr Millard Filmore 33
Haunted House 9 hr timslady 1
Serendipity cupcake (Jun '13) 18 hr Potato Man 53
Dunkin Donuts Mon New 18
Bayliss Law Firm?? Mon Bryan 5
Hurricane Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Hurricane Jobs

Hurricane People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hurricane News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hurricane

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]