My Family Daycare and Pre-School

Posted in the Hurricane Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MadMommy

Nitro, WV

#1 Feb 12, 2011
This daycare is about a joke the director Stephaine is a rude uncareing unprofessional and uneducated. I had two of my children enrolled in the center for a few months and along with the heater being broke and the the staff changeing every other the day my kids where not beinf feed right and they where taking them out side in the cold to play. When i asked the owner Crystal about this she was rude and seemed unconserned. This place should be shut down and i think the sooner the better i wouldent pay for them the watch my dog. When i had my chidren there i was paying almost 300 dollers a week for them to care for my childern and i out right pissed off at the care they where given and the directors behavior. Some people shouldnt be allowed to work with kids and this is a perfect example.
Peachy

United States

#2 Feb 12, 2011
MadMommy wrote:
This daycare is about a joke the director Stephaine is a rude uncareing unprofessional and uneducated. I had two of my children enrolled in the center for a few months and along with the heater being broke and the the staff changeing every other the day my kids where not beinf feed right and they where taking them out side in the cold to play. When i asked the owner Crystal about this she was rude and seemed unconserned. This place should be shut down and i think the sooner the better i wouldent pay for them the watch my dog. When i had my chidren there i was paying almost 300 dollers a week for them to care for my childern and i out right pissed off at the care they where given and the directors behavior. Some people shouldnt be allowed to work with kids and this is a perfect example.
If this is the same day care center that supports putnamBlob on his blog site, I would call the Putnam County Health Department for starters. Ask them what state agencies regulate and inspect these centers. There are plenty of reputable day care centers I'm the area.
involved parent

Nitro, WV

#3 Feb 12, 2011
If my family is shut down I'm gonna be one pissed off mom!! They treat my child with care he's fed right and they have been so nice to me and my child. Now yes the director can be somewhat of a bitch and can be rude put your self in her shoes could you deal with her job? Probably not! What r u gonna do when your child reaches kindergarten and they "don't treat them right" are you gonna request the school be shut down doubt it the school board will just over look your comments and go deal with real issues like buying computers and up to date textbooks for the students!
PutnamLIVEcom

Charleston, WV

#4 Feb 12, 2011
Having read inspection reports from the local day care centers, I know that MY FAMILY does a better job than most. My own son goes there and we have not had ANY problems.
Peachy

United States

#5 Feb 12, 2011
PutnamLIVEcom wrote:
Having read inspection reports from the local day care centers, I know that MY FAMILY does a better job than most. My own son goes there and we have not had ANY problems.
Being the informed parent that you are what are the other agencies you can request info from? Who regulates how many adults to supervise 6 week to 2 yr olds? How many adults per toddler? How about overcrowded centers? What about nutrition? The ace reporter would certainly know where to go to provide this to his thousands of readers. Then you can pat yourself on your back (again)!
MadMommy

Nitro, WV

#6 Feb 12, 2011
I have reported them to Jan Grifith im pretty sure that she is the one that oversees all the enters putnam co. As for involved parent im glad your children have been treatred will and if your satisfied with the center thats good too. However I had a really bad experiance there and im glad the kids arnt with them any more. The way i see it is if im going to pay that much for daycare I am darn sure they get taken care off and the heat being broken dont cut it.
a happy staff member

Montgomery, WV

#7 Feb 12, 2011
I'm sorry you had a bad experience there, however the daycare is making some changes and for the better. Yes the heat went out in one of the Pre-K rooms, but thats just one room, we have 3 units there. When that unit went out we just moved to another room....Things like that happen but we took care of it, we ordered the part and installed it as soon as we could.... The staff we have there have been there for several months except for two, the cook and the person for after-school....Again, I am sorry for your unhappiness at the daycare, but like every other business we are trying to improve the quality of our faciity,because we love the children and love teaching them...
MadMommy

Nitro, WV

#8 Feb 12, 2011
a happy staff member wrote:
I'm sorry you had a bad experience there, however the daycare is making some changes and for the better. Yes the heat went out in one of the Pre-K rooms, but thats just one room, we have 3 units there. When that unit went out we just moved to another room....Things like that happen but we took care of it, we ordered the part and installed it as soon as we could.... The staff we have there have been there for several months except for two, the cook and the person for after-school....Again, I am sorry for your unhappiness at the daycare, but like every other business we are trying to improve the quality of our faciity,because we love the children and love teaching them...
Well good to hear it needed it some improvements!
mommy

United States

#9 Feb 12, 2011
MadMommy wrote:
i agree with u!
Peachy

United States

#10 Feb 12, 2011
PutnamBlob could do his readers a service with an investigative blog entry on all the Putnam County facilities, not just the ones that grease his hand for his blog.
PutnamLIVEcom

Charleston, WV

#11 Feb 12, 2011
Staff member:

People expect perfection from a day care even though they live in an imperfect world. Heaters break. During the winter, you can call a HVAC repair company 60 seconds later and have to wait days for a part-IF the service worker CAN EVEN MAKE IT OUT FOR A CALL THE SAME DAY! This isn't Chicago, or New York, or Los Angeles where every part known to man is on a shelf across town. We live in West Virginia. We don't have all of the conveniences of a big city. You did what anyone else would do in their home: You moved the children to another room where the heater is working. It's not like you can put down a portable heater with a bunch of toddlers running around who would knock it over.

When I bring Matthew in the morning, he is bundled in a jacket, hat, and mittens. Those can easily be used if a heater dies. But moving children to another room is good enough.

The staff at MY FAMILY is caring, compassionate, very professional, and wonderful with children.

Peachy: I have looked into licensing rules, staffing rules, etc. Before I put my son into ANY day care (he is only there part-time, BTW) I contact EVERY agency that has ANY jurisdiction to check out that day care. I was told MY FAMILY has a great record, a diligent owner and director, etc. If I had ANY doubt I would take hom out. Which we did at another day care about two years ago.
Dennis

Dallas, TX

#12 Feb 12, 2011
What you mean is that you took him out of another day care that wouldn't advertise with you, don't you?
They wouldn't give you free day care in exchange for you running an ad on your blog, so you moved the little bastard to one that would.
MadMommy

Nitro, WV

#13 Feb 12, 2011
PutnamLIVEcom wrote:
Staff member:
People expect perfection from a day care even though they live in an imperfect world. Heaters break. During the winter, you can call a HVAC repair company 60 seconds later and have to wait days for a part-IF the service worker CAN EVEN MAKE IT OUT FOR A CALL THE SAME DAY! This isn't Chicago, or New York, or Los Angeles where every part known to man is on a shelf across town. We live in West Virginia. We don't have all of the conveniences of a big city. You did what anyone else would do in their home: You moved the children to another room where the heater is working. It's not like you can put down a portable heater with a bunch of toddlers running around who would knock it over.
When I bring Matthew in the morning, he is bundled in a jacket, hat, and mittens. Those can easily be used if a heater dies. But moving children to another room is good enough.
The staff at MY FAMILY is caring, compassionate, very professional, and wonderful with children.
Peachy: I have looked into licensing rules, staffing rules, etc. Before I put my son into ANY day care (he is only there part-time, BTW) I contact EVERY agency that has ANY jurisdiction to check out that day care. I was told MY FAMILY has a great record, a diligent owner and director, etc. If I had ANY doubt I would take hom out. Which we did at another day care about two years ago.
Actualy there were portable heater i saw them thats when i decided enough is enough so i supose they are one now Wow thats good..I cant beleive this shoty place got aroved for the state funded pre-k program. just my opinion
WorkingMom

Nitro, WV

#14 Feb 12, 2011
mommy wrote:
<quoted text> i agree with u!
Yea me too me and my best friend pulled our kids out of that place
involved parent

Nitro, WV

#15 Feb 12, 2011
You know I don't see why everyone is so harsh toward putnamLIVEcom... He just states facts...if I thought my child was being mistreated at a day care I would pull him out in a heartbeat...and you know putnamLIVEcom is right heaters break during the winter hvac places have to wait on parts and my family did move the children to a different room that had heat. My family is an excellent day care and pre school I recommend my family to all my friends.
Peachy

United States

#16 Feb 12, 2011
involved parent wrote:
You know I don't see why everyone is so harsh toward putnamLIVEcom... He just states facts...if I thought my child was being mistreated at a day care I would pull him out in a heartbeat...and you know putnamLIVEcom is right heaters break during the winter hvac places have to wait on parts and my family did move the children to a different room that had heat. My family is an excellent day care and pre school I recommend my family to all my friends.
Heaters do go out. So does electric and phone service in bad weather. But that's a whole different story for others. There is another website for Putnam County news leader if you need to know.....
involved parent

Nitro, WV

#17 Feb 12, 2011
Well for one to the parent that said that they had space heaters no they didn't I saw what they had my son is in that room. For two I was stating that putnamLIVEcom had a good point on this blog I have seen some of the blogs he posts on here and honestly peachy you bash him more than any other person on here. And you know we as parents had a choice when there was no heat in that ONE room either leave your child there or take them home!! If more parents were involved in the education of their children instead of being so caught up in their own lives then maybe you would know what goes on behind the scenes instead of just what's front stage.
Hayes parent

Nitro, WV

#18 Feb 12, 2011
Peachy wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaters do go out. So does electric and phone service in bad weather. But that's a whole different story for others. There is another website for Putnam County news leader if you need to know.....
What?
Peachy

United States

#19 Feb 12, 2011
Hayes parent wrote:
<quoted text>What?
When?
Moe The Angry Teddy Bear

Waterville, ME

#20 Feb 12, 2011
Why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 1 hr Jinxed 759
Band director in 1975-1976 1 hr i know 2
Moron kids at Hurricane High 3 hr Ay Thee Yist 16
West Virginia is a Yankee State 3 hr Ay Thee Yist 5
allan taylor (May '14) 13 hr me 20
HHS dance team 19 hr Mars Blackmon 6
Anyone hiring? Mon Sean 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hurricane Mortgages