First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Someone Who Knows

United States

#1 Apr 2, 2012
Steve DeWeese can't even win over a majority of the Deputies in the Putnam Sheriff's Department. They tell him they're behind him, but most of them wouldn't want that guy to be their boss if he were the only candidate. I'm friends with several of them and they are all pulling for anyone but DeWeese. He's toast. Guess he shouldn't have taken that leave of absence. Bet the new Sheriff doesn't let him back.
nis

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Apr 2, 2012
I personally would not want someone of his questionable morals in a position of authority over citizens when it comes to following laws or doing the right thing.
K9lover

Charleston, WV

#3 Apr 3, 2012
I've worked with Deweese during Shop With a Cop for several years. He's the president of the Putnam County Deputy Sheriff's Association. I think he has been for 10+ years. If I'm not mistaken that position is voted on by the deputies in the county. Seems his peers must like him after all since they vote him to lead their organization!
36 and lives with mom

Belle, WV

#4 Apr 3, 2012
DeWeese has some tight abs. I have tight abs too. I workout.
WV Guy

Hurricane, WV

#5 Apr 3, 2012
Deweese was the Domestic Violence investigator, Sounds to me like child beating convict Sexton trying to ruin the reputation of an outstanding community servant.
36 an dlives with mom

Saint Albans, WV

#6 Apr 3, 2012
WV Guy wrote:
Deweese was the Domestic Violence investigator, Sounds to me like child beating convict Sexton trying to ruin the reputation of an outstanding community servant.
That's what I was thinking. Wanna see my biceps?
Jack

Ashland, KY

#7 Apr 3, 2012
We'd rather see Kristie's barely B-cup tits.
young republican

Barboursville, WV

#8 Apr 4, 2012
Deweese is in charge of sports ministry at Teays Valley Church of God, he does softball and volleyball, he is the President of the Putnam County Deputy's Association, he started domestic violence progrmas in WV and in Putnam County, he is all for cleaning up our schools, while Parsons is serving alchol, getting convicted of committing crimes, and having suits filed against him for his so called "club". Lett moved to Flordia and has lived there for a while, so he is not familiar with putnam county within the past few years.

If you would like to see why Deweese will win, just go to his page and see all of his endorsements...radar rick would end up being a dictator, while deweese would actually do good for Putnam county...I believe it is a smack in the face when business call you and tell you to take your signs off their property because they support Deweese, I think its a smack in the face when the current sheriff tells you if you want to win something, i would run for commissioner because deweese will beat you....i think parsons should step down now and use his money to go on a nice vacation, because this campaigne is only making him a poor man and highlighting all his faults
Putnam Republican

Morgantown, WV

#9 Apr 4, 2012
Young Republican,

I'm glad DeWeeee can play softball. That's great. He'll have plenty of time this summer to play since he won't have a campaign to worry about anymore. I'm glad you pointed out all his endorsements. I can't wait to tell all my Republican friends about all the unions that support DeWeese. They'll love that. Glad General Tackett supports him, too. That guy is one of the biggest Democrats in WV. Another great endorsement. This guy is TOAST.
Young republican

Winfield, WV

#10 Apr 4, 2012
It just proves that not only do the republicans love him , so do the democrats! He looks past what party you are, he sees everyone as their own person, not by the party at which they are affiliated with

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#11 Apr 6, 2012
I've personally met him and his wife. He is an outstanding man and he has my vote for sure.
Knowem

Huntington, WV

#12 Apr 16, 2012
Rick Parsons as co-owner of the now closed auction house that was once located at Liberty Square in Putnam County was arrested for assaulting his female business partner. Although he was never charged, he was arrested for assault. At the time of his arrest he was a Charleston Police Officer, and the incident was reported over the radio. He was also sued by a family who lost their son in a tragic accident after getting drunk and using drugs at Rick’s pub. An article discussing the lawsuit was mentioned in Play Boy magazine that defended Mr. Parsons’ side of the argument. He violated zoning laws with his Bar, and was fined for giving out illegal gambling winnings. Sounds like an upstanding citizen who deserves to be the top cop in Putnam County.
PutnamWorker

Charleston, WV

#13 Apr 16, 2012
I use to work with all of the deputies - trust me - they all want Deweese. Good try though ;)

I love how everyone is "close" with many cops around here. So full of crap.
JHChrist

Poca, WV

#14 Apr 17, 2012
What a snoozefest of a thread. A bunch of cops patting each other on the back or putting each other down over a public position, like it makes a difference.
just curious

Milan, MI

#15 Apr 25, 2012
How is Deweese suppose to be sheriff when hes out of town 75% of the time with the guard??? Some leader he will be! His wife is shaddy and very fake!
Stripclub Rick

Hurricane, WV

#16 Apr 25, 2012
Rick is a criminal. Some leader he would be.
youg republican

Barboursville, WV

#17 Apr 25, 2012
Deweese isn't out of town 75% of the time with the guard, he is out of town not even 50% of the time with the department of defense making sure our country's military is up to date with rules and regulations on fighting terrorism. When he gets the Sheriff's position, he will be here full time. If he can kick our military's butt into gear, I'm sure he can take care of Putnam County.

And personally, I have met his wife, and she is the most down to earth woman I have ever met.
A voter

Hurricane, WV

#18 Apr 25, 2012
Rick is grasping at straws....
Fact-Checker

Beckley, WV

#19 May 4, 2012
Knowem wrote:
Rick Parsons as co-owner of the now closed auction house that was once located at Liberty Square in Putnam County was arrested for assaulting his female business partner. Although he was never charged, he was arrested for assault. At the time of his arrest he was a Charleston Police Officer, and the incident was reported over the radio. He was also sued by a family who lost their son in a tragic accident after getting drunk and using drugs at Rick’s pub. An article discussing the lawsuit was mentioned in Play Boy magazine that defended Mr. Parsons’ side of the argument. He violated zoning laws with his Bar, and was fined for giving out illegal gambling winnings. Sounds like an upstanding citizen who deserves to be the top cop in Putnam County.
Not so fast...Rick Parsons wasn't a police officer when he owned the auction house. Just look at the date of that article and the date of his retirement...simple math.

Also, all the charges were dropped against him because it was found that his "partner" had made the whole thing up and had no proof to back up her claims. It was actually the over-zealous Sheriff's Department that screwed up by allowing the charges in the first place - you know, some deputies like Steve DeWeese who need adult supervision.

Also, a simple search of newspaper archives shows that the Putnam County Chief Deputy at the time of the incident with the drunk man and the semi said on record that Rick was not at fault in the incident. So, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office defended Rick in this instance. Get your facts straight bro!
Fact-Checker

Beckley, WV

#20 May 4, 2012
Seriously, let's focus on more interesting topics like how Steve DeWeese cheated on his last wife and she pressed assault and battery charges against him. Or how DeWeese was investigated for illegally working at the jail while a Deputy. Or even better, how he was investigated for beating up people he arrested when they were helpless in handcuffs. Hmmmm...beating on women and defenseless people in handcuffs...sounds like a real man...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurricane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is breaking into cars (Sep '12) 10 min eyesfront 34
Walmart Market Fresh Store 1 hr eryrey 3
The mccrays 1 hr Keeping it Real 7
Hurricane 15 & U travel baseball 4 hr member 1
Calls Meat Market 5 hr ? 15
leah messer TM2 5 hr Parent 5
joe holstein or matt 6 hr hmmmmm 11
More from around the web

Hurricane People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE