Person dead after shooting involving ...

Person dead after shooting involving police

There are 25 comments on the WLUC-TV Negaunee story from Jun 22, 2012, titled Person dead after shooting involving police. In it, WLUC-TV Negaunee reports that:

Read more: Local , Crime , Hurley Shooting , Person Dead in Hurley , 85 Year Old Hurley Resident Dead , Hurley Police Department , Gogebic Iron Area SWAT Team , Hurley Shots Fire , Hurley Shooting Incident HURLEY, WI -- An 85-year-old Hurley resident is dead following a shooting with police on Friday, according to the Hurley Police Department.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLUC-TV Negaunee.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
courthouse mouse

Holmen, WI

#22 Aug 23, 2012
Let's just comment on only that which has been published in the paper as nothing else counts. An 85 year old man was shot when he was alone in his apartment by a swat team. This is a totally unacceptable outcome of the situation and there needs to be changes made in training or attitudes to ensure that this does not become the normal outcome in these types of instances.

We are not well served by arrogant law enforcement which does not have the skills to contain and restrain elderly people without having to violently kill them. and yes, the public is justified in being concerned and is entitled to information about the investigation.
fact man

Holmen, WI

#23 Aug 23, 2012
He may have been confused, but when you point guns at people, a line has been crossed. Should the police have asked, "oh, wait, even though you have that gun pointed at me, I would just like to know if you are confused". So, if you have a gun pointed at you someday, are you gonna ask the person if they are confused, or are you gonna defend yourself? Start living in the real world. Bad things happen. Even if he was confused, he still put others in harms way!!!! And that is a fact.
courthouse mouse

Jim Falls, WI

#24 Aug 24, 2012
Please do not kill any more old people who haven't harmed anyone. They are not the enemy, they are our friends and neighbors. After they lock themselves in their rooms, you can wait them out until they take a nap. Please don't break open the door and riddle them with bullets. You will be safe if you just wait.

please don't kill anymore of us.
fact man

Holmen, WI

#25 Aug 24, 2012
So, this is the new way to deal with people that pull guns on others? I hope you pass this on to all law enforcement agencies. They will appreciate a new way of handling these incidents. Maybe you should've thought of the window the suspect had access to. There were innocent people near the complex, and they could have been easily harmed. So, from now on, I guess the cops should just wait for the person to take a nap. So, what about a 30 some year old. Same situation. Should they wait for them to take a nap also? Maybe you should come out of your safe zone, and realize that these things happen all the time in a large city. Why are you so against it happening in a small town. Shit happens everywhere. It's all bad. Cops have to deal with it, not you.
courthouse mouse

Holmen, WI

#26 Aug 25, 2012
A lot of the controversy will be eliminated once we get a honest investigation report which seems to be long overdue. If it is shown that Jeb actually fired a gun, then I will say that the criticism of the swat team is less well founded. If he was not pointing a gun at anyone at the time that he was shot, then I would say that the swat team should be disbanded and have their guns taken away from them.

We just witnessed a shooting in New York City yesterday where it looks like 9 innocent bystanders were hit by police gunfire, and this is just not acceptable.

Dealing with bad situations in a manner which protects the public, including those causing problems, may require greater skills than our current law enforcement culture possesses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
talk of abuse at school Aug 26 talk of abuse at ... 1
kelly cuts hair woo eric Aug 19 KELLY CUTS HAIR W... 1
million dollar mansion Aug 12 NEXT TO SCHOOL PL... 1
movin to mercer with inlaws Aug 11 MOVIN TO MERCER T... 1
Torky puts house up for sale Aug 2 Hand Job Hannah 1
education foundation balks Jul '15 torkelson loser 1
noel victim of battered women syndrome Jul '15 SCHOOL BOARD CONS... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hurley Mortgages