Support school bond, election

Jan 13, 2013 Full story: Deming Headlight 9

I would like to ask everyone in Luna County to support the Deming Public School District No.

Full Story
BigFoot

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jan 15, 2013
$ Raise Taxes and do your part to educate illegals $
no accountability

Rio Rancho, NM

#2 Jan 17, 2013
more behind closed doors deals going on?
Chico

United States

#3 Jan 17, 2013
Support the continuation of the 2 mill levy. There will be no increase in taxes - it is a continuation. If the good guys win, the money will be well spent. If the current crowd stays in and the mill levy is defeated, they can and will do all kind of dumb things making it worse than ever on everyone, especially the kids and teachers. If you can't go to the polls and vote for someone who will stand up against the current administration - don't bother.
Mr Whipple

Artesia, NM

#4 Jan 19, 2013
Chico wrote:
Support the continuation of the 2 mill levy. There will be no increase in taxes - it is a continuation. If the good guys win, the money will be well spent. If the current crowd stays in and the mill levy is defeated, they can and will do all kind of dumb things making it worse than ever on everyone, especially the kids and teachers. If you can't go to the polls and vote for someone who will stand up against the current administration - don't bother.
'...Money For Our Kids' Sake!...' How origional.
Chico

United States

#5 Jan 19, 2013
THe money will not go to the kids but to building maintenance. Deficient building maintenance will eventually cost the tax payers more in the long run. And yes the kids will suffer, but,then again, educationally, they are already suffering.
Disappointed

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Feb 1, 2013
Vote no on 2 mil levy. The lies of the past have still not been forgiven. Read the fine print on all voting Items. What the Bill is called, and what the money can be used for is completely different. Hold the School board and the Administration accountable for every dime they waste. Same as "Starmax" and now "Hooten Park"
Spiro Agnew

Artesia, NM

#7 Feb 3, 2013
...we should 'come together'...
...let's 'move forward' with the levy...
...no money is too much for 'the' children...(not your children, stingy Americans - the OTHER children)...

Sorry, I got caught up trotting out the usual phrases.

But why buck the current? Use the money to hire a co-administrator even fatter than this one and give her 6 parking spaces instead of our current one's 4. Because....(you guessed it) nothing's too much for 'the' kids.
Spiro Agnew

Artesia, NM

#8 Feb 3, 2013
People in the North cared for tradition and KEPT A BUDGET. Both my parents went to 1-room-school houses for their first 6 years. I graduated like they did from the same school my Grandparents did and was built in the 1800s. One generation partially paid for several of the next.

But if any kids are schooled here and their parents are in some forein country, how can this sustain itself?

Borders are real, are BINDING and were put here for a reason, people.
Spiro Agnew

Artesia, NM

#9 Feb 3, 2013
The duty of paying property taxes for the people in the old North (New Mexico is a young State at 100 years) brought a sense of worth and binded family-to-family. We still honor long dead ancestors by keeping first names of Matriarchs or Patriarchs who once owned the woods that stand on our wooded property.

You'll pardon me if I spit on the shoes of people who dare send their kids up here to be educated and expect to pay NOTHING FOR IT THEMSELVES.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 hr JOEL 71,541
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Mon seahawkswarm 8,616
Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument may rais... Mon msgtdon 1
Town council approves restoration of the Silco ... Jan 23 Tony Betterton 2
Carlsbad air service provider will not renew co... Jan 23 Maybe 2
Silver City police search landfill for missing ... (Jun '11) Jan 23 citizencares 22
RAY TREJO Arrested for DWI New Years Jan 20 School District i... 4

Winter Storm Watch for Grant County was issued at January 28 at 12:42PM MST

Hurley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hurley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:13 pm PST

NBC Sports12:13PM