Our view: Budget crunch: Rest stop, 5...

Our view: Budget crunch: Rest stop, 5 miles? Maybe not anymore

There are 1 comment on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Apr 25, 2010, titled Our view: Budget crunch: Rest stop, 5 miles? Maybe not anymore. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

It may seem a small issue in the scheme of things, but what the state decides to do with rest stops may be an indication how our state and legislators will respond to other issues.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Woody

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Apr 25, 2010
Closing rest stops is a ploy to try to show the public that they are doing something to cut the billions in debt. Rest stop costs are in the noise level; what is needed are huge cuts in Government administration and worthless projects. When they talk about rest stops not being funded, you can be sure they are not serious about cutting costs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 14 min None 12,000
News Gaffney-Oglesby Detachment 1328 Participates in... 7 hr Retired teacher 1
News Proposed dolomite mine in New Mexico facing cri... 11 hr None 2
Silver City Tourist Experience 22 hr Visiting Tourists 1
News Senator Morales condemns citizenship question o... Apr 3 Rayber Degn 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Apr 1 Bob Luvs Canada 72,071
News Armed security coming to Deming Public Schools Mar '18 Dogo Argentine 1

Hurley Jobs

Personal Finance

Hurley Mortgages