Luna County Sheriff opens Columbus outpost

There are 3 comments on the May 8, 2013, Ruidoso News story titled Luna County Sheriff opens Columbus outpost. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

The Luna County Sheriff's Office has opened up an outpost in a small New Mexico border town rocked by corruption and a disbanded police department.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

So happy

Las Cruces, NM

#1 May 8, 2013
What are they going to do with the other four hundred thousand dollar sub station built in Columbus for them to use? Tax payers paid for that one. This department seems to have a lot of money to buy random properties that they never finish or use. Did they not get all of the police equipment, cars, lap tops etc, guns etc. and property that used to belong to the Columbus PD? Well I guess five hours a week of protection is all the LCSO can manage. Is there any reason they needed to give the LCSO a building for less than part time law enforcement coverage. This is part of Luna county which is the area they should already cover unless the Luna County web page is wrong.
more coverage

Albuquerque, NM

#2 May 8, 2013
I believe its supposed to be 5.7 hours of coverage by the LCSO for the village per day, or 40 hours of coverage in a 7 day period.
So happy

Las Cruces, NM

#3 May 9, 2013
more coverage wrote:
I believe its supposed to be 5.7 hours of coverage by the LCSO for the village per day, or 40 hours of coverage in a 7 day period.
You caught my typo you are correct. The state police and border patrol also ''protect'' Columbus. They just do it because its the area they already cover. Again what about the other sub-station built in Columbus for the LCSO? They allowed the county to spend over four hundred thousand dollars and then decided they did not like the location after the fact and refused to move into it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Apr 20 yourcut 8,673
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Apr 19 rabbee yehoshooah... 71,942
where's single chicks at Apr 18 jorge 1
Discrete sexual in counter Apr 18 jorge 3
News Border Patrol arrests 7 after truck chase Apr 16 tomin cali 1
News Egg-citing day for all at Courthouse Park Apr 16 AmmyKelly 2
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Apr 13 Tony 617
More from around the web

Hurley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]