James Koons to run for sheriff

James Koons to run for sheriff

There are 133 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Feb 16, 2010, titled James Koons to run for sheriff. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

Veteran lawman and local businessman, James Koons, has announced he will run for Grant County Sheriff in the June Democratic primary.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
country boy

Silver City, NM

#147 May 16, 2010
Yep, by golly, I reckon "Please" is just about that ignorant.
country boy

Silver City, NM

#149 May 16, 2010
BILLY MACK wrote:
Nope Steve May could not write that post, he is out chasing those plastic bags he was always complaining about..remember he wanted Wally World to go green and start charging us for them??? He has a full time job now that is for sure.
Billy Smack, you would do the entire county a great service if you went out there with Steve May to collect all those plastic bags. You probably could use the exercise!
cant wait

United States

#151 May 18, 2010
I cant wait till koons wins this election and bust some people here that are related to half the cops.
A DRUG DEALER IS A CROOK NO MATTER WHO HE IS RELATED TO!!

Vote for Koons if you want results, if not the same old crap will keep on going on for 4 more years.
faith

Albuquerque, NM

#153 May 19, 2010
Jan 1 Koons going down wrote:
<quoted text>
James Should start with Bobby Ruiz, And James works under him should he bust himself then? Anybody will do better the next 4yrs besides Koons
I don't no about Jan 1 but he is going down on June 1st, He has no chance remember James 3 strikes get out this will be your 3rd strike
Duh

Albuquerque, NM

#154 May 19, 2010
faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't no about Jan 1 but he is going down on June 1st, He has no chance remember James 3 strikes get out this will be your 3rd strike
GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT THIS IS HIS (KOONS') SECOND TIME RUUNING FOR SHERIFF!!
HE ONLY RAN ONCE BEFORE IN 2006 AGAINST BULLY HOLGUIN!
SO IF U TALK CRAP GET THE FACTS FIRST!!

“Silver City's Topix Editor”

Since: Jul 07

Silver City, NM

#157 May 20, 2010
Many of you who post in the Silver City forums on Topix over the past several months have been annoyed by the antics of someone who posts under a variety of names, but often uses the name "Billy Mack." I personally have spoken in the past couple of days with the REAL Billy Mack, a Downtown merchant who has *not* been the originator of these posts. Other names he/she has used include Brett Kaston (mis-spelled), Steve May, Joe Koons, and other local Silver City residents.

Since there's little else that can be done to deter this kind of identity theft, I suggest that readers should note whether or not a particular post comes from Rio Rancho, NM-- this indicates the location of the poster's Internet Provider. At this point, if it says Rio Rancho, it's a safe bet that it comes from this individual... and if it DOES come from there, it should be ignored.

The guy or gal who is doing this is what people who post to online forums call a 'troll'-- a person who deliberately posts false or inflammatory statements just to stir the pot. If you ignore them, they usually give up and go away.

I intend to post this every time I see such a post from that source, both to explain it to others who may not have encountered this party before as well as a reminder of how best to deal with it.
Ron

Albuquerque, NM

#159 May 20, 2010
Cop wrote:
<quoted text>
Sally did you know that writing things about a person or entity that can be proven to be false and things you know not to be true is a crime. Recently in California a poster on this very site was sued for libel so if you wish to spread filth about our town officers put your money where your big mouth is and give some proof.
If you were a real cop you would know what she's talking about. The rest of us do. Cops protect criminals. Victims have no rights.
JungleJim

United States

#163 May 26, 2010
On again, off again, on again, off again... Mr. Koons is a bit like a light switch... Jimenez has been every kind of cop you can think of, and Jimmy Koons is not much different.

Tell me, how will all of you that sling off at each other with such abandon, get on together when one of you idiots with badges, guns, and no bullets actually gets elected sheriff?

Even in this forum you have people saying pretty much, "Vote for Jimmy! He's my cousin!" or "Vote for Raul! He is my brother!," or "Vote for Mike! I dated him once in high school!"

Throw them all out and bring in a single state police force without all these inbred clowns with special interests in this little town.
JungleJim

United States

#164 May 26, 2010
Oh, hey, Mitch... When I post is shows places all over America, and I am not in any of those places. It has something to do with the webpage I suspect.

I have been listed as being in Maine, Indiana, Nebraska, Albuquerque, and even once in Silver City. The area it shows is rarely accurate.

“Silver City's Topix Editor”

Since: Jul 07

Silver City, NM

#165 May 26, 2010
JungleJim: The location depends on your internet provider, You may want t consider getting a username/password for Topix; if I recall correctly, it then enables you to list your location rather than assigning one based on where it thinks you are.
Rumors

United States

#173 May 26, 2010
I suggest anyone who supports Koons not to listen to this crap. I know James and his wife Joanna and they are happily married.

This obviously is a last second effort to smear his name one week prior to the election. This is proof that either the competition is scared or the drug dealers and criminals here in Grant County fear him so they will try anything to keep him from becoming the next Sheriff.

He Koons is the front runner obviously. So if you qustion this bullshit i'd suggest you take anything on this topix forum with two grains of salt. How easy it is to be a coward and smear shit without putting your real name to it. There is a word for it and is another name for several cats!
SILVER NATIVE

Rio Rancho, NM

#174 May 27, 2010
I agree, this crap always comes out just before election,since they know you can't actually verify these claims. But ironically, these are the same people who voted for Bully, whose legacy in life was servicing the local married women while their husbands were at work. Also from the party vote democrats who's hero's were Bill Clinton and JFK, the two biggest whoredogs in history.
Blue

Albuquerque, NM

#179 May 28, 2010
Why is it so important to say all this stuff about James Koons? All these postings about him having affairs is neither here nor there. All these postings, whether they be done by male all female, are nothing but jealousy and motor motor mouthing. I'm sure whover it is posting has had an itch in their pants, or panties, at one time or another, regardless of age or religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Voiers' Park plan includes pond Apr 18 John 6
News Police release statement on take down of juvenile Apr 18 John 4
News More streetlights installed on Bullard Street, ... Apr 8 Nice 1
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Apr 7 Lia Russell 8,892
News Community Easter Egg Hunt is Saturday (Apr '14) Apr 5 KimiBeuchat 8
News New Mexico airline service threatened if White ... Mar '17 lambert 1
Water upgrade (Feb '15) Feb '15 Enchanting New Me... 1

Hurley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance