Help from above

Help from above

There are 177 comments on the The Deming Headlight story from Jan 22, 2010, titled Help from above. In it, The Deming Headlight reports that:

The Pastor of the Promised Land Community Church in Columbus, N.M., Addison B. Bachman, devotes an hour each Wednesday evening after 6 p.m. to an open house for all Columbus candidates to come with friends and family to sit together in fellowship and to prayers for the community, for all candidates, for the present administration, and for ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Deming Headlight.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Addison

Columbus, NM

#1 Jan 22, 2010
Hey Mr. Scanlon, Thank you for this shout out. I very much appreciate your effort to call attention to the need of community prayer and reconciliation. Just one correction, My wife and I live in an apartment connected to the church. The RV was a donation to the church, and after some needed work on it, we hope to use it as a sort of "Church on wheels".
God Bless Us All,
Addison B. Bachman
PSA from web site

Columbus, NM

#2 Jan 22, 2010
Pray For
The Village Of Columbus
In 2010
Sponsored by:
Promised Land Community Church
Starting Jan 13, 2010
Doors open from
6pm to 7pm
2010 is the election year for Mayor and Trustees. PLCC is urging all citizens of The Village of Columbus to pray for our leadership and for a renewing and healing of our beloved village.
2010 can be a year of change, prosperity and growth for Columbus. We ask the God fearing people of any or non denominations to pray privately in your homes and to stop by on *Wednesday evenings from 6-7pm to use our Prayer Chapel for private and/or group agreement in prayer.
Meetings to culminate the eve before election day. March 1st 2010
*No campaigning allowed
scanlon

Deming, NM

#3 Jan 22, 2010
Addison wrote:
Hey Mr. Scanlon, Thank you for this shout out. I very much appreciate your effort to call attention to the need of community prayer and reconciliation. Just one correction, My wife and I live in an apartment connected to the church. The RV was a donation to the church, and after some needed work on it, we hope to use it as a sort of "Church on wheels".
God Bless Us All,
Addison B. Bachman
Unfortunately the Headlight cut off the punchline, which read: " ...and is the son of Mayoral Candidate Martha Skinner."

Is your wife back in town?
scanlon

Deming, NM

#4 Jan 22, 2010
I also see now that the first line was "adjusted (i.e. censored)" as originally it read "all candidates, save one"

The Pastor informed me by a recent e-mail that I am not permitted to attend this prayer service.
scanlon

Deming, NM

#5 Jan 22, 2010
Also telling is the fact that the thread I started on the discussion groups page regarding this prayer call in order to let the public know, and to invite all to join together, a thread entitled "A time for prayer," has been erased by Mr. Bachman.
liberalrant

Columbus, NM

#6 Jan 22, 2010
scanlon wrote:
I also see now that the first line was "adjusted (i.e. censored)" as originally it read "all candidates, save one"
The Pastor informed me by a recent e-mail that I am not permitted to attend this prayer service.
You are absolutley and positively distorting the truth Candidate Scanlon.

The church and Pastor has never denied you the opportunity to post your bio and such on the Website. He has offered all candidates to "FREE" adverstisment, regardless of political association.

You are the candidate for public office that has been drug on the floor, mopped up and stuffed into the trash can as one who cannot speak of anything but your "PERSONAL" agenda and so far what you have posted as a platform is this:

#1. Your unending support for the incumbent Mayor and his family in power in Columbus.
#2. Your unending support to deny reporting the Village's financial condition through Cooperation with disclosure to the State Auditors office since 2007.
#3. Your support for an incumbent Mayor who selects police officers based on a criminal CONVICTIONS.
#4. Your support for an incumbent who supports disbanding a police department for 8 months at a time.
#5. Your support, direct and indirect actions, by CIRCUMVENTING the voting process by the Deming Chamber of Commerces "Citizen of the Year Awards" by INTENTIONALLY withholding ballots for others to vote for their choice of the Deming Chambers COY awards.
#6. When questioned about holding open honest campaigns, this candidate for public office avoids answering that question directly and states something to the affect that he wants responsible government?
No to honest elections?
#7. The support you continue to give by defending the incumbent Mayor, even after 14 successful EEOC complaints have been won by former employees who this Mayor has DISCRIMINATED AGAINST! FOURTEEN! Is that voters and residents a pattern of conduct that is compatable to an elected official? A RACIST? There are only so many employees in Columbus, a complete turnover not once but in some instances 7 different police Chiefs in 3 years! Three different Village Clerks! and the list goes on and on!

This poster, also a candidate for public office in Columbus, is also a Columbus Elementary School teacher and submits photos (for payment?) to the headlight, His rants, his demeaning comments to others as well as his constituants, his intentional distortion of facts, his refusal to answer simple campaign questions about his platform is nothing short of indicators that this person, this CANDIDATE FOR PUBLIC OFFICE is an individual NOT SUITED or be trusted with our taxdollars and our trust in OPEN and HONEST government.

This candidate points out what has gone wrong with politicians in New Mexico and why abuses of power have happened. Voters are angry, and this candidate is one of them that HAS VOTERS ANGRY.
scanlon

Deming, NM

#7 Jan 22, 2010
liberalrant wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutley and positively distorting the truth Candidate Scanlon.
The church and Pastor has never denied you the opportunity to post your bio and such on the Website. He has offered all candidates to "FREE" adverstisment, regardless of political association.
You are the candidate for public office that has been drug on the floor, mopped up and stuffed into the trash can as one who cannot speak of anything but your "PERSONAL" agenda and so far what you have posted as a platform is this:
#1. Your unending support for the incumbent Mayor and his family in power in Columbus.
#2. Your unending support to deny reporting the Village's financial condition through Cooperation with disclosure to the State Auditors office since 2007.
#3. Your support for an incumbent Mayor who selects police officers based on a criminal CONVICTIONS.
#4. Your support for an incumbent who supports disbanding a police department for 8 months at a time.
#5. Your support, direct and indirect actions, by CIRCUMVENTING the voting process by the Deming Chamber of Commerces "Citizen of the Year Awards" by INTENTIONALLY withholding ballots for others to vote for their choice of the Deming Chambers COY awards.
#6. When questioned about holding open honest campaigns, this candidate for public office avoids answering that question directly and states something to the affect that he wants responsible government?
No to honest elections?
#7. The support you continue to give by defending the incumbent Mayor, even after 14 successful EEOC complaints have been won by former employees who this Mayor has DISCRIMINATED AGAINST! FOURTEEN! Is that voters and residents a pattern of conduct that is compatable to an elected official? A RACIST? There are only so many employees in Columbus, a complete turnover not once but in some instances 7 different police Chiefs in 3 years! Three different Village Clerks! and the list goes on and on!
This poster, also a candidate for public office in Columbus, is also a Columbus Elementary School teacher and submits photos (for payment?) to the headlight, His rants, his demeaning comments to others as well as his constituants, his intentional distortion of facts, his refusal to answer simple campaign questions about his platform is nothing short of indicators that this person, this CANDIDATE FOR PUBLIC OFFICE is an individual NOT SUITED or be trusted with our taxdollars and our trust in OPEN and HONEST government.
This candidate points out what has gone wrong with politicians in New Mexico and why abuses of power have happened. Voters are angry, and this candidate is one of them that HAS VOTERS ANGRY.
Well, thank you very much, Mr. Bachman, I am sure, for misrepresenting me on every point, including my platform which calls for open, responsive, responsible governance!

I think today's Headlight article on stolen cars recovered in Columbus reveals the astute professionalism of our current Chief of Police, a very valued and respected member of our Columbus community, and the fruit of our Honorable Mayor Espinoza (recently recognized by the Luna County Chamber of Commerce as Luna County Outstanding Citizen of the Year, as noted in a recent Headlight article which also noted his humility and indeed shyness in receiving so wordlessly this recognition) after a long and arduous selection process. Any change in the current government in COlumbus risks losing the finest Police Chief we have had, protecting and serving our community 24/7.

I quote from an e-mail Bachman sent me hours before this Wednesday's prayer call to all candidates, as proof that I alone am not invited to attend, a clear violation of state campaign and Open Meeting statutes:

"Mr. Scanlon,

Speaking as the Pastor of Promised Land Community Church:

(...)

Please be informed you are no longer welcome to grace the doors of this church without a contrite apology being made.

Addison"
scanlon

Deming, NM

#8 Jan 22, 2010
though often published, I am never paid ...
my choice
it is called
public service
scanlon

Deming, NM

#9 Jan 22, 2010
Well, thank you very much, Mr. Bachman, I am sure, for misrepresenting me on every point, including my platform which calls for open, responsive, responsible governance!

I think today's Headlight article on stolen cars recovered in Columbus reveals the astute professionalism of our current Chief of Police, a very valued and respected member of our Columbus community, and the fruit of our Honorable Mayor Espinoza (recently recognized by the Luna County Chamber of Commerce as Luna County Outstanding Citizen of the Year, as noted in a recent Headlight article which also noted his humility and indeed shyness in receiving so wordlessly this recognition) after a long and arduous selection process. Any change in the current government in COlumbus risks losing the finest Police Chief we have had, protecting and serving our community 24/7.

I quote from an e-mail Bachman sent me hours before this Wednesday's prayer call to all candidates, as proof that I alone am not invited to attend, a clear violation of state campaign and Open Meeting statutes:

"Mr. Scanlon,

Speaking as the Pastor of Promised Land Community Church:

(...)

Please be informed you are no longer welcome to grace the doors of this church without a contrite apology being made.

Addison"
Addison

Columbus, NM

#10 Jan 22, 2010
Well ain't you a peach Mr. Scanlon,

Since we know you have no shame in violating a sacred trust,(which prompted the private email.) and then twisting truth's for your own aggrandizement, I'm sure we can all look forward to you further airing this out in public.

It's a real shame, given the option I gave you (in complimenting your article here) for taking the high road, you would rather choose to destroy any good to the cause of our Lord you originally had in mind.

I'm truly concerned for your soul, and greatly embarrassed for you.

Addison B. Bachman
Promised Land Community Church / Pastor
scanlon

Deming, NM

#11 Jan 22, 2010
Addison wrote:
Well ain't you a peach Mr. Scanlon,
Since we know you have no shame in violating a sacred trust,(which prompted the private email.) and then twisting truth's for your own aggrandizement, I'm sure we can all look forward to you further airing this out in public.
It's a real shame, given the option I gave you (in complimenting your article here) for taking the high road, you would rather choose to destroy any good to the cause of our Lord you originally had in mind.
I'm truly concerned for your soul, and greatly embarrassed for you.
Addison B. Bachman
Promised Land Community Church / Pastor
one further question please:
Where did you do your pastoral studies?
your preparation for the ministry?
scanlon

Deming, NM

#12 Jan 22, 2010
Addison wrote:
Well ain't you a peach Mr. Scanlon,
Since we know you have no shame in violating a sacred trust,(which prompted the private email.) and then twisting truth's for your own aggrandizement, I'm sure we can all look forward to you further airing this out in public.
It's a real shame, given the option I gave you (in complimenting your article here) for taking the high road, you would rather choose to destroy any good to the cause of our Lord you originally had in mind.
I'm truly concerned for your soul, and greatly embarrassed for you.
Addison B. Bachman
Promised Land Community Church / Pastor
oh, and one more follow-up question please, as I was unable to attend, being prevented:

How many people came this week Wednesday evening?
Deming Taxpayer

Portland, OR

#13 Jan 22, 2010
After viewing these message boards I find disturbing that a Deming Public School teacher on taxpayer payroll would be posting on this website on company time. Is there no supervision at Columbus Elementary School?
scanlon

Deming, NM

#14 Jan 22, 2010
Deming Taxpayer wrote:
After viewing these message boards I find disturbing that a Deming Public School teacher on taxpayer payroll would be posting on this website on company time. Is there no supervision at Columbus Elementary School?
yes, Mr. Bachman, and he just received a statewide award for a lifetime of meritorious service.

Watch for the report in the Headlight!
Nopoe

Columbus, NM

#16 Jan 22, 2010
scanlon wrote:
though often published, I am never paid ...
my choice
it is called
public service
No Scanlon, or shall I revert to who you really are, "scam one" but not I.

Its called a propaganda agenda. Much like Hitler and his SS, much like Iran and its current leadership, much like Kim of North Korea.

As long as you get media, and your name published, you feel vindicated.

Wrong for America. Wrong for Columbus, and whats been wrong for far too many years.

As a politician, you are absolutley disgusting. As a teacher employed by the Deming Public Schools, you are nothing short of a disgrace.

Lie often enough, you believe your own lies and distorted truths. The angry voters know who and what you are, and you are wrong for the community you are a candidate for.

Again, supporting the incumbents of Columbus, you support their past agenda whach was posted prior to this, and is factual.

Be angry voters of Columbus. This is one of the candidates this election to show your disgustand the reason to show your distaste with the direction Columbus has been led and your anger this election.
too funny

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Jan 22, 2010
Deming Taxpayer wrote:
After viewing these message boards I find disturbing that a Deming Public School teacher on taxpayer payroll would be posting on this website on company time. Is there no supervision at Columbus Elementary School?
I agree, and I have already made some calls to School board members and the Super, to voice my protest. I could care less about his political views or aspirations. but not on my taxpayer time and money
scanlon

Deming, NM

#18 Jan 22, 2010
Scandalous wrote:
Charles Scanlon, Columbus Elementary School marm. Handpicked by Juan Valdez, I mean Columbus Mayor Espinosa.
Well, I guess you as always must have the last word, Mr. Bachman!

Good luck with all of that!
last word charlie

Columbus, NM

#19 Jan 22, 2010
Actually charles, it is you that persist in wording.

You are incapabile of anything less. Too argumentative for my vote.
battyaddy

Santa Fe, NM

#20 Jan 22, 2010
Mr. Scanlon Google Addison Bachman for the last word. If you need help from above you might want to look elsewhere.
too funny

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Jan 22, 2010
hmmmm maybe the calls worked I notice no more posts from the on duty teacher since the calls were made

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 hr TWP 72,037
Deming Police: Is Deming safe to live and trave... (Sep '15) 15 hr Howdy 8
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 15 hr Richies Cool Man ... 8,812
News WNMU Mariachi Ensemble Wins Awards, Readies For... Sat Chano 3
Salsa Fest Jul 22 I love the southwest 2
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... Jul 9 Vera lane 1
Silver City, , but choice of NOT accepting ever... Jul 5 mrtnz1955 2

Hurley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hurley Mortgages