Posted in the Hurley Forum

Happy Trails

Ruidoso, NM

#1 May 13, 2009
Former BP agent found guilty
By Karen Gleason
Del Rio News-Herald
Published May 1, 2009
A former Border Patrol agent was found guilty in federal court here Thursday for conspiring to smuggle more than a ton of marijuana into the United States from Mexico.
A federal jury found Raquel Esquivel, 25, guilty of one count of conspiracy to possess marijuana with intent to distribute following her trial, which began in U.S. District Court here Monday.
U.S. District Judge Alia Moses Ludlum, who presided over the trial, set a Nov. 30 sentencing date for Esquivel. The former Border Patrol agent faces a maximum prison sentence of 10 years to life, a fine of up to $4 million, a term of up to five years supervised release and a $100 special assessment.
Esquivel, who was born and raised in Del Rio, was convicted of being part of a marijuana smuggling conspiracy run by her friends Diego Esquivel and Ramon Patuel.
The two men, both residents of Del Rio, were arrested in early December 2007 as they returned from the Pecos River boat launch in western Val Verde County with 603.73 pounds of marijuana packed into the Skeeter bass boat being pulled by the truck they were in.
Both men have pleaded guilty to their roles in the smuggling conspiracy, and both testified against Esquivel.
Esquivel had served in the Border Patrol less than a year when she was accused of giving the location of Border Patrol sensors and providing information about Border Patrol operations in the Comstock area to Diego Esquivel and Patuel.
Agents who investigated the case testified that Esquivel told them she had known Diego Esquivel since they were both children and said she had dated him in high school.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Senior Special Agent Mike Hinojosa recounted for the jury an interview of Esquivel he helped conduct after her friends had implicated her in the smuggling conspiracy.
Happy Trails

Ruidoso, NM

#2 May 13, 2009
Continued:
Hinojosa said Esquivel admitted to knowing that Diego Esquivel and Patuel were involved in marijuana smuggling. He also testified she admitted to discussing information about the location of Border Patrol sensors in the Comstock area, as well as providing information about ongoing narcotics interdiction operations conducted by the Border Patrol and the Texas Department of Public Safety.
In his closing statement to the jury, Assistant U.S. Attorney Rick Bennett, who prosecuted the case with Assistant U.S. Attorney Jay Combs, told jurors that Esquivel “played a major part” in the smuggling operation run by her friends.
“What Ms. Esquivel did compromised the effectiveness of the United States Border Patrol,” Bennett told the jury.
“She knew what she was doing... she chose (Diego Esquivel and Ramon Patuel) as her friends, and she participated in their criminal activity,” Bennett said.
Esquivel’s attorney, Gregory D. Torres of Eagle Pass, said the accusations against his client were lies fabricated by Diego Esquivel and Ramon Patuel in an attempt to draw shorter prison sentences for their own roles in the smuggling operation.
“These are desperate people willing to do desperate things,” Torres said.
“Everyone knows there’s (Border Patrol) sensors on the river, and there is no evidence that any load came in because of information provided by Ms. Esquivel,” Torres told the jury during his closing statement.
Torres characterized the discussions between Diego Esquivel and his client as “pillow talk” and said Raquel Esquivel was guilty only of loving Diego Esquivel.
The jury began its deliberations shortly after 4 p.m. Wednesday.
The guilty verdict was returned about 12:30 p.m. Thursday.
Ludlum ordered Esquivel immediately taken into custody by the U.S. Marshal’s Service deputies.
Three of Esquivel’s co-defendants in the marijuana smuggling conspiracy – Diego Esquivel, Ramon Patuel and Shannon Pierce – also will be sentenced later this year, according to a press statement issued by the U.S. Attorney’s office in San Antonio Thursday.
Happy Trails

Ruidoso, NM

#3 May 13, 2009
I'm starting understand why all Border Patrol agents need to speak Spanish...how else could they make all of these sideline dope deal? huh, huh
Harry

Abilene, TX

#4 May 14, 2009
Boy Scouts Train to Become Homeland Gestapo
Text size
Kurt Nimmo
Infowars
May 14, 2009
Once upon a time the Boy Scouts were about camping, backpacking, and canoeing. Boy Scouts were into high adventure and sporting activities. Scouts were about preventing forest fires and “Do a Good Turn Daily.” Scouts worked with the Salvation Army and the Red Cross. They cherished ideals such as the Cub Scout Promise and the Law of the Pack.
Now the Boy Scouts have a new mission — fighting terrorism, rounding up illegal aliens, search and destroying marijuana fields, and embracing the SWAT mentality.
“The Explorers program, a coeducational affiliate of the Boy Scouts of America that began 60 years ago, is training thousands of young people in skills used to confront terrorism, illegal immigration and escalating border violence — an intense ratcheting up of one of the group’s longtime missions to prepare youths for more traditional jobs as police officers and firefighters,” reports the New York Times.
Homeland Security and the FBI are behind the effort to indoctrinate and train the Boy Scouts to become tomorrow’s Gestapo.“Our end goal is to create more agents,” April McKee, a senior Border Patrol agent, told the New York Times.“Before it was more about the basics,” said Johnny Longoria, a Border Patrol agent.“But now our emphasis is on terrorism, illegal entry, drugs and human smuggling.”
“Just as there are soccer moms, there are Explorers dads, who attend the competitions, man the hamburger grill and donate their land for the simulated marijuana field raids. In their training, the would-be law-enforcement officers do not mess around, as revealed at a recent competition on the state fairgrounds here, where a Ferris wheel sat next to the police cars set up for a felony investigation,” Jennifer Steinhauer writes for the Times.
Scouts are trained to identify the enemy. In a competition in Arizona, one role-player wore traditional Arab dress.“If we’re looking at 9/11 and what a Middle Eastern terrorist would be like,” said A. J. Lowenthal, a sheriff’s deputy in Imperial County, California,“then maybe your role-player would look like that. I don’t know, would you call that politically incorrect?”
Politically correct or not, Homeland Security and the FBI realize Arabs are not the enemy —“rightwing extremists” are.
Harry

Abilene, TX

#5 May 14, 2009
Continued:
Last month, Infowars reported on a document produced by the Department of Homeland Security’s National Infrastructure Coordinating Center identifying advocates of the Second Amendment, veterans, pro-life activists, and militia members as dangerous terrorists. A subsequent DHS document, entitled “Domestic Extremism Lexicon,” pinpointed “antigovernment” types “rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority” as possible terrorists.“Islamic groups are specifically excluded from this document,” writes Benjamin Sarlin for the Daily Beast.
The new Gestapo Boy Scouts program will train the new Hitler Youth — or Obama youth — for the challenges of a totalitarian globalist future. As the planned implosion of the economy unfolds and unemployment increases, the federal government is picking up the slack.“In the wake of the huge stimulus package to jumpstart the economy, plenty of new positions are being created by 2010. The agencies that will benefit include the Defense, Commerce, Homeland Security and Veterans Affairs departments,” writes Judi Hasson for Fierce Government.
Gestapo Scouts will be required to combat “rightwing extremists” who will refuse to turn in their firearms after the next false flag terror attack or engineered pandemic. SWAT Scouts will be called to deal with those who refuse to participate in mandatory vaccinations. Police state Scouts will be the vanguard for Obama’s million-man Civilian National Security Corps.“just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded” as the military.
It’s up to the New York Times, as the premier “liberal” propaganda outfit, to sell the militarization of the Boy Scouts to the American people, using the standard bugaboos of Arab terrorists, drug cartel thugs, and marijuana cultivators as the example of why all of this is necessary.
In the real world, however, government is not primarily concerned with drug dealers — after all, the government and Wall Street run most of the drugs — they are worried about growing opposition to the destruction of the Constitution and the imposition of world government by a cabal of international bankers and their corporate fascist partners in crime.
My mans better thn ures

Fort Worth, TX

#6 Nov 16, 2009
Raquel took my X when i was 6 months pregnant..Carmas a bitch..Sorry for ya
bluntknight

United States

#7 Aug 31, 2010
mislead puppet bitches of the narcotics agency.... u r a contradiction of this CUNTry, the politicians let the drugs in & then they pay u 2 keep it out, ur a joke... y do u think they dnt legalize marijuana, cuz then ur barny fife @ sum bank, bar or other mediocre mama cross walk job, lmao..... utterly pathetic.
SPAT

Pinellas Park, FL

#8 Jul 21, 2011
Ramon Patuel in this story, is NOT the real Ramon Patuel, he got that name by luck. His father was lucky enough to be adopted by the real Ramon and his son has made a mockery of a great last name. HE IS NOT Ramon Patuel, he is a loser that makes my family ashamed that his father was even part of it, but has nothing to do with the REAL Patuel's. They belong in the jail and such a shame that they can use the family name of a GREAT man and they are scum of life!!!
bitchness69

United States

#9 Sep 14, 2011
hey diego was in my class??? he was one hottie does he have any kids??
crazy8

United States

#10 Sep 14, 2011
anybody have any pictures of the two men??
Customs Officer

Washington, DC

#11 Mar 5, 2012
Happy Trails wrote:
I'm starting understand why all Border Patrol agents need to speak Spanish...how else could they make all of these sideline dope deal? huh, huh
Well, "happy trails" first of all if you did not smoke dope as much as you do we wouldn't have to be at the border. Second just because we speak Spanish and we are smart enough to learn a second language does not mean that we are "dirty". Third go back to school and after you learn how to read you will see that US Border Patrol agents watch your safety and we are not like Esquivel.
MsFanta

Laredo, TX

#12 Jun 15, 2012
Ms.Esqivel is a friend of mine...and she was a decicated worker..and loved her job..She is going to pay the rest of her life...for something ..she didnt know she was doing....
Spelling Bee Champ

Artesia, NM

#13 Jun 17, 2012
Uh, did you mean, "deficated" worker?
Pope on dope

Artesia, NM

#14 Jun 17, 2012
MsFanta wrote:
Ms.Esqivel is a friend of mine...and she was a decicated worker..and loved her job..She is going to pay the rest of her life...for something ..she didnt know she was doing....
Exactly. We need not judge our Latino friends, you border-protecting Americans. After all, who HASN'T accidentally found themselves involved in hauling a TON of unknown substance across an international border? Any of you? Anyone? See we're all guilty in some way. That, plus we'll miss that %10 of her wages she sent to the Vatican like clockwork....
Cardinal Fat Hat

Artesia, NM

#15 Jun 17, 2012
I think his holiness neglected to say you peons who work in the private sector don't earn much. You may have managed still keep a job, but haven't seen a raise. But, boy those new government workers like Customs Agents, now THEY bring down some serious wages and benefits. And they got the damned job in the first place because of the 'Holy Miricle Of The Latino-American Box' that they check on their application. Now, when we consider the wages of the new deluge of Latino Government workers and presume they tithe....

(get's his calculator)...that....that buys off 62.73 alterboys for priests just in the US alone!
Spelling Bee Champ

Artesia, NM

#16 Jun 20, 2012
MsFanta wrote:
...'cause I'll bet she sure loaded them panties up when she got caught! Few people are truely wicked enough to dream of tasering Americans just so they can watch them fry or gun Americans down so they can stand over their bleeding body to snicker. But not only was Ms. Esqivel such a person, she earned the badge to do just that....and you people are surprised that LEOs are any better than the crooks they bust.

Anyway, just to see the look on her face that moment would be better than beating everybody with 'E-U-O-N-Y-M' on national TV!
Chupa vergas penedeja

Leesville, LA

#17 May 24, 2013
SPAT wrote:
Ramon Patuel in this story, is NOT the real Ramon Patuel, he got that name by luck. His father was lucky enough to be adopted by the real Ramon and his son has made a mockery of a great last name. HE IS NOT Ramon Patuel, he is a loser that makes my family ashamed that his father was even part of it, but has nothing to do with the REAL Patuel's. They belong in the jail and such a shame that they can use the family name of a GREAT man and they are scum of life!!!
Lol wow your so full of yourself I wish I never had that last name I'm glad I got married and have a new last name now y'all are the most sorry family we have ever known y'all's mom can go to hell I will never ever call her grandma leaving her first children behind money hungry bitches we made it without y'all's stupid money!!! Let me find out who you are

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Feb 4 Richies Cool Man ... 8,738
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Feb 1 rabbee yehoshooah... 72,023
News Passion fruit: Sweet, tasty watermelon may be h... (Jul '08) Jan 29 Phillip 17
News Drugmaker Pfizer posts 9 percent jump in 2Q profit (Aug '10) Jan 28 Blahnik 52
News Wi-Power high-speed Internet, Digital phone ser... (Jun '10) Jan 19 cdg 61
News Silver City police search landfill for missing ... (Jun '11) Jan 17 peanut 29
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jan 15 Tony 622
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hurley Mortgages