Hearing set in deadly shooting

Hearing set in deadly shooting

There are 10 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from May 21, 2011, titled Hearing set in deadly shooting. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

The man who allegedly shot and killed Silver City resident Rachel Torrisi more than two years ago is set to have a preliminary hearing Wednesday in Magistrate Court in Silver City.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

Edi

Newcastle, CA

#1 May 21, 2011
This douche looks like a monkey!
pete and repeat

Albuquerque, NM

#2 May 21, 2011
poor rachel-
she never should have gone out like that.
we miss your smiley face!
haHAAA

Bayard, NM

#3 May 21, 2011
Edi wrote:
This douche looks like a monkey!
what is going on in the fish tank behind that monkey?
unknown

Albuquerque, NM

#5 May 21, 2011
It took the police long enough to catch him. usually the people closest to a murdered person are looked at first.. get it together and the PIECE OF SHIT that killed the little ortiz boy is still out there in the streets of silver city.
Paul

United States

#6 May 21, 2011
Unfortunately, Mr. Hurley will never go to trial. He will be ordered to the Las Vegas Behavioral Health Unit for a mental competency evaluation. It will be months if not years before anything significant happens in his court case. And if you've ever met Mr. Hurley, you know right off the bat that he's mentally challenged. You can bet Gary Mitchell is going to jump all over Hurley's mental disability to get him off. This is how the judicial system works in this state.
Life is a gift

United States

#7 May 23, 2011
Paul wrote:
Unfortunately, Mr. Hurley will never go to trial. He will be ordered to the Las Vegas Behavioral Health Unit for a mental competency evaluation. It will be months if not years before anything significant happens in his court case. And if you've ever met Mr. Hurley, you know right off the bat that he's mentally challenged. You can bet Gary Mitchell is going to jump all over Hurley's mental disability to get him off. This is how the judicial system works in this state.
Well, he may never go to trial but he will remain in either police custody or a mental hospital until he becomes competent to stand trial!! If he never becomes competent with meds to stand trial then guess what? He remains in the mental facility for however long it takes!! So, either way he loses his freedom and everything else that comes with that!!!! I do not feel sorry for him one bit!! How does a firearm shoot someone in the back of the head by accident when youre walking?????? ALL GARBAGE!! He isn't that mentally challenged if he can shoot someone-he knew what he was doing because he disposed of the firearm that was used, cleaned himself up, and treaded water for two years!!!! So...with that I hope and pray that justice will be served!! He is a heartless man!!!!!!!!!!
Life is a gift

United States

#8 May 23, 2011
I think that the guy will receive justice. Either way you look at it, whether in a mental facility or in prison, either way he loses his freedom!! He will have plenty of time to think about what he did and how he went about it.

I say bs to his story that the gun went off accidently!! I am so sure!! Huh!! A gun does not shoot someone in the back of the head when you are walking with it in your hands!!!! So stupid, actually comical!!!!

He is competent to stand trial, he was competent to shoot her, go take a shower at the apartment they shared with his wife and kid, then dispose of the gun - he thought all of that out!!

He did it - let justice be served!!!!
Why

Silver City, NM

#9 May 23, 2011
Where in the hell is his wife...She needs to be sitiing in a jail cell right next to him!!!! They both are guilty and yet he is the only one charged with this crime...this is sad!!!
What wait do you know som

Albuquerque, NM

#10 May 25, 2011
do you mean david ortiz jr if so i have not heard his is dead just missing do you know something that our cops don't?????????? or his family if you do ur a piece of shit for not reporting it
unknown wrote:
It took the police long enough to catch him. usually the people closest to a murdered person are looked at first.. get it together and the PIECE OF SHIT that killed the little ortiz boy is still out there in the streets of silver city.
Laura D

Phoenix, AZ

#11 May 25, 2011
unknown wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa David is still out there... We don't know if he's dead or alive. Please do not listen to any rumors that are going around. Until it's actually in the news paper it's not true. If anyone knows anything about his disappearnce please I beg u report it to Silver City police dept or crime stoppers. His family is really missing him and we dn't need to hear anymore or these bad rumor

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WNMU Mariachi Ensemble Wins Awards, Readies For... 14 hr Old timer 1
Salsa Fest 15 hr I love the southwest 2
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 19 hr USS LIBERTY 72,033
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 19 hr Lavon Affair 8,807
News DA Walks Away from what should have been a DUI ... Jul 9 Vera lane 1
Silver City, , but choice of NOT accepting ever... Jul 5 mrtnz1955 2
News Pearson accepts county manager post Jul 2 luna county 2

Hurley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hurley Mortgages